Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Outrage grows as state plan to commemorate RIC and DMP Murderers

Arty E

Donator
PI Member
FF Mark Daly is the one saying that Madigan informed him at a meeting on April 3rd 2019 about this. Madigans tweet, if you read it, doesn’t deny what Daly is saying. He didn’t mention what the meeting was. She’s also mentioning that she never ‘put plans’ to the All Party. That’s quite different to what Daly is saying. From what I read of Daly, the decision was already made, so of course there wouldn’t be plans to do it.
Daly is saying in she told him. (‘Him’ as in singular). She is trying to present it as he having said she had ‘not’ told a meeting of a number of people (plural).

A solicitor seeking legal advice? That’s like a blocklayer with 20 years experience asking how to mix cement.

Last edited:

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
HARP spokesman on Newstalk Pat Kenny now. He appears to have difficulty understanding that there was a war on when a lot of RIC members were killed in the line of duty

Reactions: Ant

Rommel

PI Member
HARP spokesman on Newstalk Pat Kenny now. He appears to have difficulty understanding that there was a war on when a lot of RIC members were killed in the line of duty
The sad thing is that in less than 100 years once the Blueshirts outlaw or censor the teaching of our history they will turn the RIC and Black and Tans into heroes.

OP
page61

page61

PI Member
There is plenty of proof that cancelling the Murderers commemoration was the right thing to do.

One online paper has no less than 3 articles telling us that we should commemorate these psychopaths..Eoghan harris even has a cartoon in his love/lust article to dress it up and ram his anglophile opinions down our throat.

There is a simple way to deal with those who say..ahhh there were some good men in the police forces used as a tool of oppression .All you have to do when commemoration is add the caveat "those who died for Irish freedom .

There is also the ongoing issue of the Glasnevin wall of shame.

This is very dodgy , I wonder who gave the green light for this stain on the graveyard and who defends it being there. To have the names of the murder machines operatives intermingeled with those who gave there lives for Irish freedom is a National scandal.. The one thing the RIC/DMP debacle has shown is that this is not the wish of the Irish People.

John Green who mysteriously disappeared from the board of Glasnevin trust said ( NOTE: I did not suggest that an investigation into the finances and misuse of funds would turn up anything sisnster in relation to Greene and George McCullagh .
Glasnevin Trust has been working closely with the State in playing its part in the Decade of Centenaries. Glasnevin, true to its mission of serving people from all creeds, beliefs and walks of life, has been central to a number of State commemorative ceremonies. These have ranged from the commemoration of Irish men who lost their lives in the First World War to Collins and Griffith…
This work will continue right through the 1916 Centenary Commemorations with a number of major projects scheduled. Amongst them being ‘The Necrology Wall 1916-23’, which will remember, in a totally non-judgemental manner, all who lost their lives during the struggle for Irish independence in the period 1916 to 1923.”

Rommel

PI Member
There is plenty of proof that cancelling the Murderers commemoration was the right thing to do.

One online paper has no less than 3 articles telling us that we should commemorate these psychopaths..Eoghan harris even has a cartoon in his love/lust article to dress it up and ram his anglophile opinions down our throat.

There is a simple way to deal with those who say..ahhh there were some good men in the police forces used as a tool of oppression .All you have to do when commemoration is add the caveat "those who died for Irish freedom .

There is also the ongoing issue of the Glasnevin wall of shame.

This is very dodgy , I wonder who gave the green light for this stain on the graveyard and who defends it being there. To have the names of the murder machines operatives intermingeled with those who gave there lives for Irish freedom is a National scandal.. The one thing the RIC/DMP debacle has shown is that this is not the wish of the Irish People.

John Green who mysteriously disappeared from the board of Glasnevin trust said ( NOTE: I did not suggest that an investigation into the finances and misuse of funds would turn up anything sisnster in relation to Greene and George McCullagh .

The heroes could never rest in peace if the names of the scum go on the wall.

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
Given the number of times I have heard mexi ophs sorry I mean southerners preach to Nordies about forgetting or reconciling the past, making up and moving on blah blah blahedy blah, Ye will all have to forgive me for being highly amused at the delicious irony...

awyways I think this exchange sums it up perfectly...

'Bean' had been agreeing with a unionist about the importance of civility and mutual respect.

"What a place we could live in if we could all get on together," he wrote eloquently. "I respect your place and you respect mine. Personally, I go out of my way to experience, to the best of my ability, Orange parades and marches and it does me no harm.

"Irish language and the GAA will do you no harm. Live and let live."

But when it was announced that Dublin City Council had voted to boycott what they described as an "obscene event" which was "an affront to generations of patriots who struggled to end centuries of imperial tyranny", his comment was: "Congratulations, Dublin City Council. What sort of f***wit would salute these vermin and their chums in the Black and Tans."

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Are we as a nation not indulging in perpetual historical rancor ?
We all live on a small island with a relatively small population.

Are we to exhaust ourselves talking about past wrongs horrific as they were?
If we do not move forward to reconcile then as a nation we remain damaged.

Rommel

PI Member
Given the number of times I have heard mexi ophs sorry I mean southerners preach to Nordies about forgetting or reconciling the past, making up and moving on blah blah blahedy blah, Ye will all have to forgive me for being highly amused at the delicious irony...

awyways I think this exchange sums it up perfectly...

'Bean' had been agreeing with a unionist about the importance of civility and mutual respect.

"What a place we could live in if we could all get on together," he wrote eloquently. "I respect your place and you respect mine. Personally, I go out of my way to experience, to the best of my ability, Orange parades and marches and it does me no harm.

"Irish language and the GAA will do you no harm. Live and let live."

But when it was announced that Dublin City Council had voted to boycott what they described as an "obscene event" which was "an affront to generations of patriots who struggled to end centuries of imperial tyranny", his comment was: "Congratulations, Dublin City Council. What sort of f***wit would salute these vermin and their chums in the Black and Tans."

At best the unionist up north are uninvited house guests

Top Bottom