• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outrage at Kilkenny mosque meeting

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Imam blames Facebook fake news for abuse at Kilkenny mosque plan meeting
Katie O’Neill
April 16 2018, 12:01am, The Times
Opponents of the planned mosque in Kilkenny shouted “go back to your country”CHRIS HONDROS/GETTY IMAGES

An imam who was racially abused during a meeting to discuss a proposed mosque in Kilkenny has said misinformation spread online was to blame for the acrimony.

Ebrahim Ndure joined Andrew McGuinness, a local councillor, and his father, John McGuinness, a Fianna Fáil TD, and the mosque’s architects at a public meeting to discuss the plans on Thursday evening. Witnesses said the meeting in O’Loughlin Gaels GAA club descended into chaos with some shouting racist comments at the imam and members of the Muslim community who were present.

Mr Ndure said he was told: “This is not Mecca. Get lost, you can’t build a mosque here, we’re in Ireland.”
Ebrahim Ndure said the mosque wanted to be “neighbourly”

He has blamed the abuse on the “misleading and false information” spread on social media. Mr Ndure said that, contrary to claims online, there would be no call to prayer from the mosque and no PA or sound system emitting sound from the building. “There were some guys who opened some Facebook page and tried to spread and spew hate and misinformation for this project,” Mr Ndure said. “We wanted the meeting to go ahead to dispel myths and to answer the questions from the local community.”

Mr Ndure described some of those who attended as “forceful”, adding that Muslims, including children, who were present felt intimidated. “People shout ‘go back to your country’. I am part of this community. My daughters were born here, this is home for me. We need to have a place of worship,” he said.

He added that some people at the meeting already had their minds made up. In response to concerns that the mosque would overlook a cemetery, Mr Ndure said that it would be located next to Aldi, 100 metres from the cemetery.

The imam said there would be car-parking facilities on the grounds that would be available to fans on match days. “We will have our own parking slot, we’re willing to release the car park during match days because we believe in being neighbourly,” he said.

Malcolm Noonan, a Green Party councillor, said: “The small minority who used a planning issue for a mosque to spread an agenda of intolerance will not undo decades of good community work in integration and welcoming new communities.”

He said that the meeting had been ill-devised and should not have gone ahead. “I am calling on all public representatives, relevant agencies and indeed the wider community to redouble our efforts to never give hate speech and intolerance a platform, but also to invest heavily in integration and welcoming programmes that are reflective of an inclusive and caring community,” he said.

A Facebook page has been linked to the spread of unsubstantiated information about the project.

A recent post on the page claimed that Kilkenny “is now the focal centre for the relocation of oriental refugees and immigrants being brought into Ireland”. The page’s authors claimed that houses were given to 52 Syrian refugees while 100 local people were being evicted from rented accommodation in the city.

As well as the mosque, the proposed €5 million development includes a community hall, library, residential accommodation, halal shop and community café.

Katie O’Neill
April 16 2018, 12:01am, The Times
Opponents of the planned mosque in Kilkenny shouted “go back to your country”CHRIS HONDROS/GETTY IMAGES

An imam who was racially abused during a meeting to discuss a proposed mosque in Kilkenny has said misinformation spread online was to blame for the acrimony.

Ebrahim Ndure joined Andrew McGuinness, a local councillor, and his father, John McGuinness, a Fianna Fáil TD, and the mosque’s architects at a public meeting to discuss the plans on Thursday evening. Witnesses said the meeting in O’Loughlin Gaels GAA club descended into chaos with some shouting racist comments at the imam and members of the Muslim community who were present.

Mr Ndure said he was told: “This is not Mecca. Get lost, you can’t build a mosque here, we’re in Ireland.”
Ebrahim Ndure said the mosque wanted to be “neighbourly”

He has blamed the abuse on the “misleading and false information” spread on social media. Mr Ndure said that, contrary to claims online, there would be no call to prayer from the mosque and no PA or sound system emitting sound from the building. “There were some guys who opened some Facebook page and tried to spread and spew hate and misinformation for this project,” Mr Ndure said. “We wanted the meeting to go ahead to dispel myths and to answer the questions from the local community.”

Mr Ndure described some of those who attended as “forceful”, adding that Muslims, including children, who were present felt intimidated. “People shout ‘go back to your country’. I am part of this community. My daughters were born here, this is home for me. We need to have a place of worship,” he said.

He added that some people at the meeting already had their minds made up. In response to concerns that the mosque would overlook a cemetery, Mr Ndure said that it would be located next to Aldi, 100 metres from the cemetery.

The imam said there would be car-parking facilities on the grounds that would be available to fans on match days. “We will have our own parking slot, we’re willing to release the car park during match days because we believe in being neighbourly,” he said.

Malcolm Noonan, a Green Party councillor, said: “The small minority who used a planning issue for a mosque to spread an agenda of intolerance will not undo decades of good community work in integration and welcoming new communities.”

He said that the meeting had been ill-devised and should not have gone ahead. “I am calling on all public representatives, relevant agencies and indeed the wider community to redouble our efforts to never give hate speech and intolerance a platform, but also to invest heavily in integration and welcoming programmes that are reflective of an inclusive and caring community,” he said.

A Facebook page has been linked to the spread of unsubstantiated information about the project.

A recent post on the page claimed that Kilkenny “is now the focal centre for the relocation of oriental refugees and immigrants being brought into Ireland”. The page’s authors claimed that houses were given to 52 Syrian refugees while 100 local people were being evicted from rented accommodation in the city.

As well as the mosque, the proposed €5 million development includes a community hall, library, residential accommodation, halal shop and community café.

Has the man no shame? He's not wanted in Ireland, don't blame Facebook for that.

I believe that is the plan SOSC to get enough Muslims in to be the enemy within. Thats not to say they don't merit that title bit the Globalist of the EU that are pushing this invasion. dīvide et imperā.
Something that I have increasingly noticed not just in Ireland but across the Western world is that indigenous Westerners seem whatever their degree of formal education incapable of discussing Islam and Muslims outside of either "Wiberal" or "Counter-Jihadist" talking points- both stand points being deeply flawed to put it mildly and therefore bound to have poisonous fruits.

Does it not worry people that the Quran has more than 100 verses which talk about Jihad and chopping body parts off and are generally quite violent .

Does it not worry people that muslim children must learn these verses off by heart .

It certainly worries me

Does it not worry people that the Quran has more than 100 verses which talk about Jihad and chopping body parts off and are generally quite violent .

Does it not worry people that muslim children must learn these verses off by heart .

It certainly worries me
No it doesn't- The Suras in the Koran are meant to be taken mainly as applying to internal struggle, but of course from time to time external struggle is seen as a reflection of the inner struggle. Islam does though take a much more relaxed approach to violence in general than Historic/Traditional Christianity- just as it takes a more relaxed approach to sex and wealth seeing them along violence as just part of this Aeon. Islam is a more worldly Religion than Christianity- the problem is that almost everyone in the modern West has grown up with a best a very worldly understanding of Christianity. Pound to a penny the most you had to do for lent was give sweets.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
[Malcolm Noonan, a Green Party councillor] said that the meeting had been ill-devised and should not have gone ahead.
Has this clown got a bio-degradable brain or something? He thinks that the solution to the population having concerns is stopping people from airing those concerns.

I would be interested in hearing whether declaring his support for this Mosque was in his electoral material in the last election where he got all of 987 votes.

This tool is pushing the same tactics as the Government of Canada who are pushing immigration policies without any public discussion lest talking to the public about these policies will result in a public backlash against them.
They want to present it as a fait accompli to the population and to hell with the fact that population never agreed to it. Sounds like this dangerous extremist wants to do the same thing.

OTTAWA — The federal government has been warned to take a cautious approach to publicly debating immigration over fears of reaching a “tipping point” that could undermine public support for welcoming immigrants
Public govt. debate could undermine overall Canadian support for immigration, according to department data

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
No it doesn't- The Suras in the Koran are meant to be taken mainly as applying to internal struggle, but of course from time to time external struggle is seen as a reflection of the inner struggle. Islam does though take a much more relaxed approach to violence in general than Historic/Traditional Christianity- just as it takes a more relaxed approach to sex and wealth seeing them along violence as just part of this Aeon. Islam is a more worldly Religion than Christianity- the problem is that almost everyone in the modern West has grown up with a best a very worldly understanding of Christianity. Pound to a penny the most you had to do for lent was give sweets.

It's a pity Christianity doesn't still have a bit of that militancy.

re the edited vid above.
Trust us, fucking hell, that women on first needs to fuck off.

People going there as they are pissed off in general, this needs to be tapped into, the water protests were the same for people, fuck all to do with water, it was about being pissed off about the scum running us into the ground.

That fucking architect is a low tier cunt and should be made aware of that fact in a polite way.

I couldnt listen to the invader talk, it annoyed me too much, i had to skip.

"I am more a kilkenny man then many others in kilkenny today" from a invader cunt at 19:47. Seriously ?

The rest of the vid ill come back on as i have to leg it, the first half was sickening.

It's a pity Christianity doesn't still have a bit of that militancy.
Well it does in Russia and Eastern Europe more generally. The West at the moment is totally running on empty and when consumerism crashes I'm not sure phrases lifted from John Locke which is essentially what the likes of Tommy Robinson and "Sargon of Akkad" are offering isn't going to be enough. Capenaus's day might come more quickly than he thinks.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Well it does in Russia and Eastern Europe more generally. The West at the moment is totally running on empty and when consumerism crashes I'm not sure phrases lifted from John Locke which is essentially what the likes of Tommy Robinson and "Sargon of Akkad" are offering isn't going to be enough. Capenaus's day might come more quickly than he thinks.

We must live in hope a chara.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
Hasn't Tommy basically said outright that what annoys him about Muslims was that they don't respect him?
No Miss he has said the opposite. He said that him walking around Luton with his head held high has garnered respect from the Muslims (who hate his guts btw) who openly laugh at the cucked natives who bow to their every demand.

I don't know who feeds you your information. Whatever newsfeed you're subscribed to......unsubscribe.

Last edited:

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
The Saudi/Qatari-backed Wahhabi terrorists currently being cleansed from Syria banned worship of all religion bar Wahhabi Sunni Islam, including banning celebration of Xmas in areas they controlled in Syria, and had they ousted Assad would have murdered all those who refused to convert to Wahhabi Sunni Islam, including Syria's 2.3 million Christians.

But most of the people of Kilkenny and other Irish towns and cities wouldn't know this. Due to our media being nothing but an echo-chamber for the US/Israeli/EU Syrian regime change narrative Irish people didn't hear it, and think such bigoted animals are plucky 'rebels' fighting against Assad 'the tyrant', and we should be unquestionably embracing their kind coming here in their hundreds of thousands.

If the majority of Irish people were aware of what utter savages the Saudis and Qataris were and knew that the deviant strand of Islam they push: Wahhabism was so violently supremacist and conquering in nature would they be so willing to allow their mosques to be built all over our country?

No, I very much doubt so, and rather than moaning about a Wahhabi mosque such as the one proposed in Kilkenny being in the wrong place in Kilkenny, they'd be saying it's in the wrong place being anywhere in Ireland, full stop!

But our media blinds people to the dangers of Wahhabism while painting Putin's overwhelmingly predominantly Christian Russia as the enemy.

This is a fucking mental situation! We need to somehow take control and correct this warped narrative of our media, and try to ensure that our politicians best represent our Christian values and work to maintain our Christian heritage and way of life, rather than blindly following the neoliberal dogma of the EU which requires constant immigration, and acting as de-facto agents of Zionism and Wahhabism: the alliance of which is proving to be pure toxic!

Last edited:

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
It is not a deviant strand, Mr Flynn. Its Islam.

If there is a deviant strand its the small minority of moderates who, according to Quilliam, make up only 10% of UK mosques.
No Myles, it is a deviant strand of Islam. It's the type practised by the Saudis and Qataris, and they're the ones paying for all the mosques.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Wahhabiyya mission

Further information: International propagation of conservative Sunni Islam
Wahhabi mission, or Dawah Wahhabiyya, is the idea of spreading Wahhabism throughout the world. [248] Tens of billions of dollars have been spent by the Saudi government and charities on mosques, schools, education materials, scholarships, throughout the world to promote Islam and the Wahhabi interpretation of it. Tens of thousands of volunteers and several billion dollars also went in support of the jihad against the atheist communist regime governing Afghanistan.

Regions

Wahhabism originated in the Najd region (in Saudi Arabia, Myles), and its conservative practices have stronger support there than in regions in the kingdom to the east or west of it. Glasse credits the softening of some Wahhabi doctrines and practices on the conquest of the Hejaz region "with its more cosmopolitan traditions and the traffic of pilgrims which the new rulers could not afford to alienate".

The only other country "whose native population is Wahhabi and that adheres to the Wahhabi creed", is the small gulf monarchy of Qatar, whose version of Wahhabism is notably less strict. Unlike Saudi Arabia, Qatar made significant changes in the 1990s. Women are now allowed to drive and travel independently; non-Muslims are permitted to consume alcohol and pork. The country sponsors a film festival, has "world-class art museums", hosts Al Jazeera news service, will hold the 2022 football World Cup, and has no religious force that polices public morality. Qataris attribute its different interpretation of Islam to the absence of an indigenous clerical class and autonomous bureaucracy (religious affairs authority, endowments, Grand Mufti), the fact that Qatari rulers do not derive their legitimacy from such a class.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
Its not a deviant strand. Islam itself by its very nature is about conquering and spreading the Caliphate. A mosque was used as a military stronghold in conquered territory and when one is built in modern times, it has the same effect. Takeover.

You do not seem well versed in what Islam is, Mr Flynn. I've advised you before to stop listening to that Muslim convert traitor Galloway.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Its not a deviant strand. Islam itself by its very nature is about conquering and spreading the Caliphate. A mosque was used as a military stronghold in conquered territory and when one is built in modern times, it has the same effect. Takeover.

You do not seem well versed in what Islam is, Mr Flynn. I've advised you before to stop listening to that Muslim convert traitor Galloway.
But it is a deviant strand of Islam, Myles. I have put the evidence before you in the post above.

Stop listening to Tommy. He's a dummy!

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
Its all very well having a wishy washy leftist liberal view of Islam but I wonder would you mind if a large group of Muslims moved into your own neighbourhood Mr Flynn? Here's exactly what happens when they do move in and eventually build a mosque.

From 8:05 mins