One british soldier to be charged over Bloody Sunday

Plasticpaddy

PI Member
The real justice will be a united Ireland obtained by peaceful democratic means.This person that may be put on trial was just a state zombie,a hooligan with a gun,obeying orders.

Sitt Fein

Donator
PI Member
Ireland moves on when England moves out.

Ireland would be at peace and at one but for the parasite that is England and its spawn, the Unionists, who are occupying part of our country in England's name.

You tossers are still holding Ireland back in the same way you always have, since you first stole Irish land from us Irish people - the artificial partition of our country and brexit, being prime examples of my point!

It is outrageous in this day and age that England still interferes in the affairs of Ireland - who do you people think you are???!!!
Bloody amadan.

Sitt Fein

Donator
PI Member
So you are happy to acknowledge that your army / government are murderers who even 50 years later cover up their activities , go troll somewhere else
Eh no you fuckin clown. I'm just sick of whinging navel gazing nordie numpties who will still be whinging about bloody sunday in another 50 years when the country is a satellite of Nigeria. Go and put on a march for that you nordie arsewipes.

Sitt Fein

Donator
PI Member
The real justice will be a united Ireland obtained by peaceful democratic means.This person that may be put on trial was just a state zombie,a hooligan with a gun,obeying orders.
You said it, obeying orders, just like the volunteers who massacred ten workmen in Kingsmill. The dopey Nordies will not go after the real culprits. Rather strut around Derry with a picture of some senile Brit soldier. Fucking thicks.

GodsDog

PI Member
[MOD]Keep it civil lads! Try to leave out any unnecessary ad hominems. Makes for a better discussion![/MOD]

Plasticpaddy

PI Member
F A R C E

TBH all there should be a General Amnesty at this stage for all acts of violence committed 1968-1998

Its the only way out of it for both sides.
I think some kind of amnesty is the best thing.There are many complications though.I can see this becoming a legal and political tit for tat.As long as there's an unholy alliance between the unionists and the Tories it will be hard to achieve a united Ireland.This perpetuates aNorthern Ireland body that can pursue cases.

Karloff

PI Member
They don't want to prosecute the individual soldiers because they are afraid those soldiers will reveal that they were ordered to do what they did, they have latched onto one individual soldier and to be honest if i was related to him i would watch him closely in case he has a sudden fatal health issue before the trial.

I note that the MOD is paying for his legal defences, perhaps that will be the latchon they have - you do not reveal X or Y and in return we will pay for this or that - but that arrangement also gives them close access to him and any testimony he may give. Multiple soldiers being charged would posit a damage control headache for the higher ups.

They don't want to prosecute the individual soldiers because they are afraid those soldiers will reveal that they were ordered to do what they did, they have latched onto one individual soldier and to be honest if i was related to him i would watch him closely in case he has a sudden fatal health issue before the trial.

I note that the MOD is paying for his legal defences, perhaps that will be the latchon they have - you do not reveal X or Y and in return we will pay for this or that - but that arrangement also gives them close access to him and any testimony he may give. Multiple soldiers being charged would posit a damage control headache for the higher ups.
Basically, the man who has been charged is already being positioned as a martyr. Even neutral observers in Britain, or those who think there should have been murder trials long ago, will be saying "Why him? Why not the other 16 former members of the Paras who were investigated? Or their commander? They are all still alive. Only one has since died." What the veterans are saying is "This was a bloody war and we can't be held to the same standards as those which would apply to peacetime operations or police law enforcement." Now that is exactly what the govt does not want anyone to say, because it is what the Provos said. :)

Traynor

PI Member
I don't want to offend anyone here, especially anyone from Derry. But I'm Bloody Sundayed out of it now. Look what they did only a few years ago to Libya? Look what they do all the time. They're not into justice. The world and his mother knows what happened on Bloody Sunday. Time to put it to rest. Personally, I think locals should line the route of the original march with white candles outside their homes on the anniversary. Everyone jumps on the anniversary bandwagon now. Repeal the 8th were on the poster last year. I was fucking sick at that. Its a bit of a circus lately. That's my tuppence worth. White candles. If any tourist happened to be in Derry on a future anniversary and asked what are those candles for I think they would think it a very fitting thing to do if they were told why. 50 years is too long to be 'demanding justice' and getting angry. You don't get justice from the Crown - end of. Peace.
I understand where you're coming from, but put yourself in the shoes of the families who have waited so long in search of answers for what happened that day. Losing a loved one in such circumstances is unimaginable for most of us. I don't blame them - and in fact, very much admire them for working towards getting what Seamus Heaney called"The longed-for tidal wave of justice".

Anglophile

PI Member
The violent rioting, those armed IRA men, Martin McGuinness with a machine gun,
shots fired at the soldiers.......

SSSShhhhh...... let's hush that up, and sweep it under the carpet.

Everyone knows that whining Nationalists and Republicans are top of the
victim hierarchy pyramid..... :rolleyes:

I understand where you're coming from, but put yourself in the shoes of the families who have waited so long in search of answers for what happened that day. Losing a loved one in such circumstances is unimaginable for most of us. I don't blame them - and in fact, very much admire them for working towards getting what Seamus Heaney called"The longed-for tidal wave of justice".
You can't possibly tell relatives and family that they are wasting their time, trying to get to the bottom of how and why their loved one was murdered. As a matter of fact, it was the pressure from victims relatives that finally forced any grudging admissions from the British, such as the Savile Enquiry. Just shutting up and accepting the British are bad and always will be, nothing you can do about it, is a slave mentality. It plays right into the hands of the murderers. They know full well they have utterly acquiescent victims.

Top Bottom