One british soldier to be charged over Bloody Sunday

page61

PI Member
Of the 19 british soldiers who took part in the murder of unarmed civilians in Derry on Bloody Sunday, only one is to be charged.

This is a kick in the face from the British justice system who have gone out of their way on to many occasions to cover up collusion between the system, the british Army , the loyalist paramilitaries .

It must be so frustrating for the families of those who were murdered, firstly having to wait 50 years after the crime was committed, for one token soldier to face charges.
The DPP said “available evidence is insufficient to provide a reasonable prospect of conviction” so more than lightly the token will either die of old age or walk free.

The murderer is been referred to as Solider F

It goes to show what an un level playing field the brits play on . Justice was never the solution to troubles in the north of our Country

One of the problems I have always had with this is that it wasn't just individual enlisted men who "spontaneously" lost control, there was a whole policy of using maximum force. Their officers and above them the govt were responsible for that. The night before Bloody Sunday, the officers were geeing up the men in their barracks, really encouraging them to get up a head of anger against the "paddies". Peace-keeping, my ass, they were ensuring the men on the ground dehumanised the people they were supposed to be protecting. So the whole thing goes well beyond the specific soldiers who carried out the massacre.

Ted

PI Member
The British army was never squeamish about having murderers in its ranks, or about covering for them.

Does anybody really expect justice from the British where Ireland is concerned? Anybody?

Ted

PI Member
One of the problems I have always had with this is that it wasn't just individual enlisted men who "spontaneously" lost control, there was a whole policy of using maximum force. Their officers and above them the govt were responsible for that. The night before Bloody Sunday, the officers were geeing up the men in their barracks, really encouraging them to get up a head of anger against the "paddies". Peace-keeping, my ass, they were ensuring the men on the ground dehumanised the people they were supposed to be protecting. So the whole thing goes well beyond the specific soldiers who carried out the massacre.
"Get a few kills" was the phrase used, I believe.

Sham Fox

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
I don't want to offend anyone here, especially anyone from Derry. But I'm Bloody Sundayed out of it now. Look what they did only a few years ago to Libya? Look what they do all the time. They're not into justice. The world and his mother knows what happened on Bloody Sunday. Time to put it to rest. Personally, I think locals should line the route of the original march with white candles outside their homes on the anniversary. Everyone jumps on the anniversary bandwagon now. Repeal the 8th were on the poster last year. I was fucking sick at that. Its a bit of a circus lately. That's my tuppence worth. White candles. If any tourist happened to be in Derry on a future anniversary and asked what are those candles for I think they would think it a very fitting thing to do if they were told why. 50 years is too long to be 'demanding justice' and getting angry. You don't get justice from the Crown - end of. Peace.

I don't want to offend anyone here, especially anyone from Derry. But I'm Bloody Sundayed out of it now. Look what they did only a few years ago to Libya? Look what they do all the time. They're not into justice. The world and his mother knows what happened on Bloody Sunday. Time to put it to rest. Personally, I think locals should line the route of the original march with white candles outside their homes on the anniversary. Everyone jumps on the anniversary bandwagon now. Repeal the 8th were on the poster last year. I was fucking sick at that. Its a bit of a circus lately. That's my tuppence worth. White candles. If any tourist happened to be in Derry on a future anniversary and asked what are those candles for I think they would think it a very fitting thing to do if they were told why. 50 years is too long to be 'demanding justice' and getting angry. You don't get justice from the Crown - end of. Peace.
You don't get to make that choice for the families and relatives of the victims. "Suck it up and go away" is basically what the British govt wants.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I don't think there's ever been a time I expected justice from the Brit establishment. That's just not what you are going to get from them. The Brits make an embroidered play on their commitment to the rule of law but you see little of it on these issues were power and regime prestige are at stake.

Sham Fox

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
You don't get to make that choice for the families and relatives of the victims. "Suck it up and go away" is basically what the British govt wants.
I'm here to express my opinion, that's all. Also, how do you know what ALL the families think? Also, they are not the only families of relatives and victims. Time for healing - not everlasting whinging. So basically I'm saying get over it and move on. And maybe they should do a march for Gadaffi's Libya - the only country who ever gave the Taigs help - which has just gone through about a thousand bloody sundays.

Jack O Neill

PI Member
I'm here to express my opinion, that's all. Also, how do you know what ALL the families think? Also, they are not the only families of relatives and victims. Time for healing - not everlasting whinging. So basically I'm saying get over it and move on. And maybe they should do a march for Gadaffi's Libya - the only country who ever gave the Taigs help - which has just gone through about a thousand bloody sundays.
So you are happy to acknowledge that your army / government are murderers who even 50 years later cover up their activities , go troll somewhere else

McTell

PI Member
Of the 19 british soldiers who took part in the murder of unarmed civilians in Derry on Bloody Sunday, only one is to be charged.

This is a kick in the face from the British justice system who have gone out of their way on to many occasions to cover up collusion between the system, the british Army , the loyalist paramilitaries .

It must be so frustrating for the families of those who were murdered, firstly having to wait 50 years after the crime was committed, for one token soldier to face charges.

//
It goes to show what an un level playing field the brits play on . Justice was never the solution to troubles in the north of our Country

Really bad that it took so long, and just 1 guy on the block. Calling wee Martin as a witness was always going to be tricky after the GFA, so he had to die first.

The rifles were destroyed some time back, but years after the murders, incredible also that they weren't impounded as evidence. The only guys to benefit from it were the provos.....

Talk Back

PI Member
Ireland moves on when England moves out.

Ireland would be at peace and at one but for the parasite that is England and its spawn, the Unionists, who are occupying part of our country in England's name.

You tossers are still holding Ireland back in the same way you always have, since you first stole Irish land from us Irish people - the artificial partition of our country and brexit, being prime examples of my point!

It is outrageous in this day and age that England still interferes in the affairs of Ireland - who do you people think you are???!!!

Last edited:

Rommel

PI Member
The brits have used a whitewash brush for years. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Top Bottom