Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

O Doherty and Brian Nugent Discuss the Tuam Babies Case

• Thread starter Deleted member 163
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 2K
OP
P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
Even their own website doesn't give an explanation for the name, which is a prerequisite.
They probably thought it sounds cooler.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
I think it would be unfair to hold that against her, although one must question if she was motivated by her own personal grievance or a genuine desire to establish the truth.

Anyway, it seems that her findings were based in a fundamental mistake: she couldn't read a map.

Wimmen eh!

Just kidding.
blinded by her own issues..

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Possibly and that can lead to misguided attempts to right the wrongs (perceived and real) of the past.

Anyone know if the wacist Liam Neeson is still planning on making a movie about Tuam?

OP
P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
Possibly and that can lead to misguided attempts to right the wrongs (perceived and real) of the past.

Anyone know if the wacist Liam Neeson is still planning on making a movie about Tuam?
I honestly don't think they will. It has served its purpose - abortion. Any more talk about Tuam knowing what we know now will not be good for their side. You won't hear another word is my guess.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
I honestly don't think they will. It has served its purpose - abortion. Any more talk about Tuam knowing what we know now will not be good for their side. You won't hear another word is my guess.
A lie gets half way round the world before the truth has time to put is pants on, eh?

El Chaval.

PI Member
It runs from the Spanish Arch area up to the bottom of Shop Street. I will look into it. Big Spanish connection with Galway in the old days.
Christopher Columbus spent some time there in his student days, apparently.

OP
P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
Christopher Columbus spent some time there in his student days, apparently.
Rumour has it he stopped off here on his way to 'discovering' America - something the red haired Celts did donkeys years before. It is disputed whether he was here or not.

OP
R

Retired Member

Non Registered Member
Watch this space. Zappone will hold a press conference Christmas Week about the current findings of the Commission. This year she was covered wall to wall by RTÉ during Easter week.

PO'Neill

PI Member
TG4 now.

Evanne NI Chuilinn was adopted in the 80s and tell her story.

They briefly mentioned Tuam mother and baby home.

Sorry but her birth mother's excuses are a bit weak. Loads of single mothers in the 80s didn't give up their kids.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
TG4 now.

Evanne NI Chuilinn was adopted in the 80s and tell her story.

They briefly mentioned Tuam mother and baby home.

Sorry but her birth mother's excuses are a bit weak. Loads of single mothers in the 80s didn't give up their kids.
On the TG 4 programme One expectant mother booked herself into a mother and baby home. Her parents wouldn’t let her stay at home. She was homeless and expectant and those cruel nuns took her in.

PO'Neill

PI Member
One expectant mother booked herself into a mother and bay home. Her parents wouldn’t let her stay at home. She was homeless and expectant and those cruel nuns took her in.
Dunboyne mother and baby home didn't close till 1991.

By then single mothers were quite common.

A lot of families were still turning their backs on pregnant single women up to the 90s.

Top Bottom