Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

O Doherty and Brian Nugent Discuss the Tuam Babies Case

• Thread starter Deleted member 163
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 2K
OP
P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
Who would challenge the consensus and what publication would publish it? This is how Ireland has always been governed. Pearse said it right over a century ago.
I see what you are saying but these guys/gals went to school with us. They did Orwell like us. They have consciences - some of them anyway AND NOW UNLIKE ANY OTHER TIME they have the internet. Surely some of them must be saying to themselves - this really is fucking awful. Surely some of them must be saying - I can't go on with this shite. Surely some of them read us here (actually I know they do) and say to themselves - I am on the wrong side. There's been a few to jump ship and they have done mighty work - (Waters , Gemma) surely there's a few more who are having mega doubts as to what they are doing - ie telling the biggest of lies to the most amount of people ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Anyway.

I lived in Galway. Its a libtarded fake ass fuck of a place, so called city of culture, and the place from where the two biggest lies in journalism history with the most horrible consequences (the death of thousands tens of thousands perhaps hundreds of thousands of babies) have been hatched - Tuam septic tank babies and Savita. Home of the poison rainbow dildo dwarf Higgins too. West Brit place too tbh. It used to be a nice town on the west coast of Ireland. Now its multicult heaven. They call the east side of town - the east village (NY) the west side the West End (London) and the old town - the Latin Quarter. I'm rambling a bit I'm sorry. But yeah Fuck Galway.

Ted

PI Member
I see what you are saying but these guys/gals went to school with us. They did Orwell like us. They have consciences - some of them anyway AND NOW UNLIKE ANY OTHER TIME they have the internet. Surely some of them must be saying to themselves - this really is fucking awful. Surely some of them must be saying - I can't go on with this shite. Surely some of them read us here (actually I know they do) and say to themselves - I am on the wrong side. There's been a few to jump ship and they have done mighty work - (Waters , Gemma) surely there's a few more who are having mega doubts as to what they are doing - ie telling the biggest of lies to the most amount of people ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Anyway.

I lived in Galway. Its a libtarded fake ass fuck of a place, so called city of culture, and the place from where the two biggest lies in journalism history with the most horrible consequences (the death of thousands tens of thousands perhaps hundreds of thousands of babies) have been hatched - Tuam septic tank babies and Savita. Home of the poison rainbow dildo dwarf Higgins too. West Brit place too tbh. It used to be a nice town on the west coast of Ireland. Now its multicult heaven. They call the east side of town - the east village (NY) the west side the West End (London) and the old town - the Latin Quarter. I'm rambling a bit I'm sorry. But yeah Fuck Galway.
How did Galway manage to find a Latin Quarter? It's as Latin as Greenland.

OP
P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
How did Galway manage to find a Latin Quarter? It's as Latin as Greenland.
I think its the Spanish connection.

I tell my old galway mates that in 20 years there will be an Irish Quarter out in the Rahoon hills were the native Irish will be ghettoised. They think I'm joking!!!

Ted

PI Member
I think its the Spanish connection.

I tell my old galway mates that in 20 years there will be an Irish Quarter out in the Rahoon hills were the native Irish will be ghettoised. They think I'm joking!!!
That would make it The Spanish Quarter.
What makes this area of Galway "Latin". Is it recent "discovery"?

Anyhoo, I digress.:geek:

OP
P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
That would make it The Spanish Quarter.
What makes this area of Galway "Latin". Is it recent "discovery"?
It runs from the Spanish Arch area up to the bottom of Shop Street. I will look into it. Big Spanish connection with Galway in the old days.

Ted

PI Member
It runs from the Spanish Arch area up to the bottom of Shop Street. I will look into it. Big Spanish connection with Galway in the old days.
Even their own website doesn't give an explanation for the name, which is a prerequisite.
Apparently, The Latin Quarter was adopted in 2009 and appears to a simple, albeit somewhat misleading, marketing ploy.
They should have gone for the Spanish angle instead of cadging from Paris.

Last edited:

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Top Bottom