Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Now Planter Tóibín is runnin around with Soros

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
an approved side project of SF to shepherd pro-lifers back into their bloc in the Dail? SF commentators have been notably absent in the vitriol they usually pour on dissident type republicans, particularly so, given that Aontu on the face of it does pose a electoral threat to them.
They may react by infilitrating that party but I doubt it was brokered with the permission of Mary Lou or Gerry. People who dress up in crocodile outfits to loiter outside of empty unionist offices or eulogise rubber ducks and whatnot have lost their aptitude for intricate political calculations.

Abortion is a virtual religious dogma under this regime. Even the presence of a modest challenge to the abortion-religion on secular human rights grounds is sending them into a frenzy and that's what we are seeing.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Shatter is now calling debates on immigration...."dog-whistle racism".
He's a slimy bastard. Why all his whingin' last week about bringing Jihadi Jane home when he flung the doors open to Islam when in power?

Ted

PI Member
I'm just wondering why he said it at all. Talking about immigration is guaranteed to have the Irish establishment down on your head. RTE have shut down debate on this before ( Mary Wilson ). So I'm just wondering why he said it. Was it some desperate pitch to the 340,000 who voted Casey ?
Last week RTE carried a report from the Dublin Housing Executive which claimed that 21% of the homeless are from outside the EU.
It was a significant departure from the usual censorship and bullying.

Don't forget that RTE is first and foremost a political entity.
The politicians are getting nervous.

Last edited:

Ted

PI Member
Tday Ciara Kelly tried to broach the idea of discussing immigration.
First up - Aodhan ORiordain, effectively calling for censorship and thought control and labelling everybody who disagrees a racist.

A tip for Ciara - do your homework, you're not having a natter in the hairdresser's.

George Dillon

PI Member
Tday Ciara Kelly tried to broach the idea of discussing immigration.
First up - Aodhan ORiordain, effectively calling for censorship and thought control and labelling everybody who disagrees a racist.

A tip for Ciara - do your homework, you're not having a natter in the hairdresser's.

She is an incompetent, an incorrigible clown.

She even offered the opinion that Ireland has a low rate of Immigration.

Obviously doesn't have to walk the streets I grew up in, now dirty and shabby with settlers from all over the world.

Anglophile

PI Member
So we have finally got there.

A political party (Aontu) dog whistling a nativist warped perspective on immigration to attract attention,
stoke prejudice and generate votes.

Lets not mistakenly assume its dangerous narrative has no chance of having any substantial impact on voters.

- Alan Shatter.

Anglophile

PI Member
Aodhán O'Riordán and Ciara Kelly on Newstalk comprehensively routed the cowardly, hypocritical racists in this country.

Very impressive arguments, I have to admit....

Top Bottom