Now it's gone completely NUTS! - Statues of 'slave' girls removed from outside the Shelbourne Hotel.

Catalpa

PI Member
Statues of slaves removed from outside the Shelbourne Hotel
TWO statues of shackled slave girls have been removed from outside the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin.

The monuments had stood outside the well-renowned hotel for the past 153 years.

However, in a sign of the times, they’ve been removed in line with the Black Lives Matter protests, which have sparked an outcry against racism globally.

I mean this is just plain bananas!🍌🍌🍌

I have passed these pieces thousands of times & never even noticed...

- only a crank would see this as 'offensive' IMO!

OP
Catalpa

Catalpa

PI Member
“The Shelbourne is now set organising for a new monument, with Irish Heritage, to take the slave girls’ place.“
I actually don’t have any problem with this, so long as the new monument actually represents Irish heritage.
I have a horrible feeling it will be anything but Irish....

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
“The Shelbourne is now set organising for a new monument, with Irish Heritage, to take the slave girls’ place.“
I actually don’t have any problem with this, so long as the new monument actually represents Irish heritage.

I agree. A step in the right direction. We should purge Ireland of all this colonial garbage.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
Four bronze statues were commissioned to the Shelbourne in 1867 of Nubian princesses from east Africa and their slave girls, holding torches.

I'm not sure what Black princesses having Black slaves has to do with racism and BLM. The article spells Obama "O'Bama".

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Four bronze statues were commissioned to the Shelbourne in 1867 of Nubian princesses from east Africa and their slave girls, holding torches.

I'm not sure what Black princesses having Black slaves has to do with racism and BLM. The article spells Obama "O'Bama".

It's romanticizing slavery. Don't forget that the homosexual Julius Caesar enslaved over a million Celts.

Swords Driver

PI Member
The takeover now moves from the political and societal assault to the actual destruction and perversion of our history, culture and even our built history. They already claim without any proof that the first Irish were African pygmies, that the Irish were a colonial power and that we have historical white privilege. The push back must be very close.

Wolf

PI Member
Two African spongers signing on the dole and getting the keys to their brand new free house?

Top Bottom