• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Orlared North inner city Dublin is the Wuhan of Ireland due to high rate of covid-19 among Roma

• Admin
OP
Political Irish

Political Irish

Administrator
PI Member
FROM ORLARED

North inner city Dublin is the Wuhan of Ireland for Covid-19 primarily due to the 5,000 Roma who live there, Newstalk has learned.

There has been five Roma deaths in total blamed on the disease.

The Newstalk report was quick to blame "marginalisation" and not the Roma's own attitude and behaviour despite one Roma admitting on air "I don't even think this virus exists. I think it's a trick." Another mentioned that they continue to meet in groups of 20 or 30.

Why such a large number of Roma are living in Ireland when they have a 90% unemployment rate and how they can afford to live in north inner city Dublin was not mentioned in the report.

Some 58 per cent of Roma who have undergone testing, and 43 per cent of Travellers, have tested positive for Covid-19, according to official figures. This has prompted Simon Harris to open a new Covid-19 assessment hub at the Mater Hospital in Dublin to work specifically with Roma and Travellers.

The overall positivity rate for all people tested has fallen to under 4 per cent.

Broadcast: The Pat Kenny Show | Newstalk | 14 May 2020

Florence

PI Member
FROM ORLARED

North inner city Dublin is the Wuhan of Ireland for Covid-19 primarily due to the 5,000 Roma who live there, Newstalk has learned.

There has been five Roma deaths in total blamed on the disease.

The Newstalk report was quick to blame "marginalisation" and not the Roma's own attitude and behaviour despite one Roma admitting on air "I don't even think this virus exists. I think it's a trick." Another mentioned that they continue to meet in groups of 20 or 30.

Why such a large number of Roma are living in Ireland when they have a 90% unemployment rate and how they can afford to live in north inner city Dublin was not mentioned in the report.

Some 58 per cent of Roma who have undergone testing, and 43 per cent of Travellers, have tested positive for Covid-19, according to official figures. This has prompted Simon Harris to open a new Covid-19 assessment hub at the Mater Hospital in Dublin to work specifically with Roma and Travellers.

The overall positivity rate for all people tested has fallen to under 4 per cent.

Broadcast: The Pat Kenny Show | Newstalk | 14 May 2020

They are probably having the rent paid under the HAP scheme. The rules do not allow payment for overcrowded accommodation so probably one family gets it and then allows others to move in.

Anglophile

PI Member
There's a special unit in the Mater now for Travellers and Roma.

The Mater also gets the dregs of North Inner City Dublin ( junkies, drunks and homeless )
as well as all the criminals from Mountjoy across the road........

page61

PI Member
The roma appear to come and go as they please.. Do you ever see the buses that pull up in killarney street ,they does be stuffed with them. I used to see them every Saturday.

I was looking at the figures as of 17th May and Dublin is literally through the roof compared to other counties .. It cannot be down to just population .For the first time in an age, i took a walk down the docks and wound around grand canal..I could not believe the amount of apartments and people ..I was a bit shocked

whyfillaw

PI Member
seeing the behaviour of "The ethnic minority" around where I live , I would have expected the covid19 positive rates to be 70%+ .None of them ever wear a face mask, no social distancing among themselves or among the general population, no covering their mouths while coughing.None of them wearing latex gloves, the children running amock in and out of each others houses .

Top Bottom