• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Newstalk to suspend advertising on Facebook, Instagram and donate advertising budget for July to INAR

whyfillaw

PI Member
the media is devouring itself as its revenue streams are shrinking by the hour.There are only about 200 MNCs who have the cash to spend it on advertising on the web without worrying about "blowback, consequences for their ads".Media especially the print,wireless, tv media is losing out bigtime to the www social, web broadcasting media.What does the old media do to capture back some of its revenue? They collaborate to undermine new media , and call themselves "Progressives, + allsorts of other buzz words " and portray new media as "dishonest, without regulation, no accountability .........." , you get the idea the new media in their eyes is the Devil Incarnate because it has destroyed their business model and people don't buy newspaper,listen to the wireless and its pile of Advertising Crap that ruins the once enjoyment of listening to the wireless.No listeners means no advertising revenue coming in.That's Why NooseTalk is snookered and losing money everyday, its days are numbered as it is a dead duck.

TW Tone

PI Member
Pat Kenny probably makes what a half-dozen of the others earn combined.
I would be dubious about overpaying him, money that is needed throughout the organisation.
Who would hire an oldtimer like him?
He's much older than me, and no one would hire me!

Last edited:

El Chaval.

PI Member
After they shafted Hook I have never once tuned in since,

I really don;t care what spinless woke snowflake morons do with their money,

In fact the only radio I listen to in Ireland is Lyric, Marty in the morning, Liz Nolans movies and musicals, Kellys Mystery Train, the rest is just awful
snowflake rubbish and ZERO talent, I tuned out and will stay out , missing nothing but morons being paid to spew their lines,
Its clear from other events this eve that this is a coordinated move in advance of the US 2020 election.

They are pulling out all the stops to remove Trump in November.
Could backfire as Trump is seen as the lone warrior up against the nedia and big corporations.
Michael Moore called 2016 a middle finger. It could happen again.

Polyco

PI Member
the media is devouring itself as its revenue streams are shrinking by the hour.There are only about 200 MNCs who have the cash to spend it on advertising on the web without worrying about "blowback, consequences for their ads".Media especially the print,wireless, tv media is losing out bigtime to the www social, web broadcasting media.What does the old media do to capture back some of its revenue? They collaborate to undermine new media , and call themselves "Progressives, + allsorts of other buzz words " and portray new media as "dishonest, without regulation, no accountability .........." , you get the idea the new media in their eyes is the Devil Incarnate because it has destroyed their business model and people don't buy newspaper,listen to the wireless and its pile of Advertising Crap that ruins the once enjoyment of listening to the wireless.No listeners means no advertising revenue coming in.That's Why NooseTalk is snookered and losing money everyday, its days are numbered as it is a dead duck.
Even those who do have money to throw at the web will be wanting to to be careful about how they spend it, I've mentioned Proctor and Gamble's shift of 2017 and I've no doubt others are/will be following suite. I also feel that the printed media is a long way off finished yet, we have been hearing of its imminent demise for over a quarter of a century now but its still there and still fighting, we ain't heard the last of it that's for sure.

Polyco

PI Member
Could backfire as Trump is seen as the lone warrior up against the nedia and big corporations.
Michael Moore called 2016 a middle finger. It could happen again.
I was thinking that as well, the popular revolts against the establishment such as brexit and Trump did not rely on the MSM nor did it hinge on a handful of vocal web bloggers, they both took on a life of their own and big media (Google et al) is making a grave mistake if it thinks it really does hold the power to torpedo Trump's campaign. Best outcome would be a Trump victory (not something I would have wanted before now) and a bloody nose for the web giants.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
I was thinking that as well, the popular revolts against the establishment such as brexit and Trump did not rely on the MSM nor did it hinge on a handful of vocal web bloggers, they both took on a life of their own and big media (Google et al) is making a grave mistake if it thinks it really does hold the power to torpedo Trump's campaign. Best outcome would be a Trump victory (not something I would have wanted before now) and a bloody nose for the web giants.

If BLM have any sense they'll be campaigning for Trump. He's their best recruiting sergeant.

Top Bottom