• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Newstalk to suspend advertising on Facebook, Instagram and donate advertising budget for July to INAR

Polyco

PI Member
Is online advertising overrated and ineffective anyway? Proctor and Gamble decided to find out a couple of years back -

“With transparent viewability data, we learned that the average view time for an ad on a mobile newsfeed is 1.7 seconds – little more than a glance – pushing us to innovate.”

Pritchard said fresh data on ad consumption encouraged P&G to reduce digital spending to several big media companies by 20 percent to 50 percent last year.

The consumer goods conglomerate said it cut digital spending by more $100 million between April and June of 2017 and continued with the cuts at the same rate for the rest of the year.

TW Tone

PI Member
This is quite sinister.
Yemen Famine Relief, Fight River Blindness, Plastic Surgery for Disfigured People Unable to Afford It, Support for Victims of Land Mines, Donkey Sanctuaries, End Female Circumcision, Dig Wells for Clean Water. etc etc....

If you gave me a half hour I could expand above list to a hundred. All causes a million times more worthy.

Disgusting.

TW Tone

PI Member
John McGuirk has had some good takes on this

And he suggested that Newstalk's virtue signalling was prompted by a collapse in their advertising.

I hope they disclose the actual donation they make.
It's surprising they survive, though I bet each and every employee fantasizes about moving to RTE
Low wages, no junkets in News talk.
Their international coverage is deplorable.
So many windbags, such as the faux conservative Yates.

Their History Show on Sunday nite used to be good in spots, but the only employee I like is the lad with the English accent Henry Something, who does light, colour pieces. I'd say he could move to RTE--no talent to compete with there.

OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Yates has had Kevin Myers on a couple of times in the last month or so, which surprised me, as he's considered to somewhat beyond the pale, like Waters.

It was refreshing to hear him, because RTE and Newstalk/Today FM have been purged of anyone outside the echo chamber. Hook being a good example ( replaced by the execrable Ciara Kelly )

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Yeah, the woke stranglehold on the big Corporates has become impossible to ignore. Maybe the Colin Kaepernick episode was a clue to what was coming, because Nike backed him wholeheartedly, even though the taking the knee stuff was unpopular with football fans.

The big corporates used to be conservative. No longer.

I'll never forget seeing the NYC Pride Parade 2 years ago, with all the huge floats sponsored by HSBC, Google, Amazon. They were desperate to be seen as onboard with gay pride.

Every float packed with scantily-clad disco dancers and flashing lights, and a massive 'HSBC' logo on the side ( or insert Corporate here ).

The big corporations are all onboard with the leftwing agenda. Just look at them light up their logos with the Rainbow flag this month. Probably BLM as well.
When / If the Lefty Extremists get the Power they will eat them ! ! !

Karloff

PI Member
Corporations are piggybacking on the woke and using it to assert their power in opposition to the people's right to speak, in fact i suspect strongly they set up the woke cultural revolution in the first place, it certainly didn't come from ordinary people.

That company Paradigm Resources which fired the man who paid for the flyover had no right to intrude into what the employee does in his own time, this is fundamental in the area of individual rights v corporate power, the woke allows them to get away with it. He didn't use any of their resources including company time. The right to hold your own political opinions is more fundamental and important than the right not to encounter things that make you offended.

The corporations, the media the politicians all in agreement on how our rights should be curtailed.

Storybud2

PI Member
After they shafted Hook I have never once tuned in since,

I really don;t care what spinless woke snowflake morons do with their money,

In fact the only radio I listen to in Ireland is Lyric, Marty in the morning, Liz Nolans movies and musicals, Kellys Mystery Train, the rest is just awful
snowflake rubbish and ZERO talent, I tuned out and will stay out , missing nothing but morons being paid to spew their lines,

Newstalk has been going downhill for a long time now. They used to have an interesting mix of opinions but now it's full on lefty liberal PC crap. There's a man child called Kieran Cuddihy who presents the morning show and he's honestly like a parody of a woke twitter idiot. Shane Coleman is actually alright - a bit of a drip.

But I think we should definitely be concerned. This woke juggernaut is unrelenting- and continuously limiting the spectre of acceptable opinion. we'll soon reach a stage where the only legitimate voices allowed on irish radio are Ivana Bacik and Colm O'Gorman.

OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Stefan Molyneux and Jared Taylor's American Renaissance shoah'ed from YouTube.

Nationalists need to start moving away from YouTube.

OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Newstalk has been going downhill for a long time now. They used to have an interesting mix of opinions but now it's full on lefty liberal PC crap. There's a man child called Kieran Cuddihy who presents the morning show and he's honestly like a parody of a woke twitter idiot. Shane Coleman is actually alright - a bit of a drip.

But I think we should definitely be concerned. This woke juggernaut is unrelenting- and continuously limiting the spectre of acceptable opinion. we'll soon reach a stage where the only legitimate voices allowed on irish radio are Ivana Bacik and Colm O'Gorman.
Oh yes.. I'm familiar with him.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Stefan Molyneux banned off Youtube this evening.

Top Bottom