• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Newstalk to suspend advertising on Facebook, Instagram and donate advertising budget for July to INAR

Polyco

PI Member
And once the 2020 election in the US is over. The boards of the woke globohomo corporations have committed to removing Trump by any means.
The internet was once a beacon of hope to those who treasure liberty and the freedom of speech, now it is rapidly descending into just another corporate tool, such a wonderful opportunity lost, meanwhile, I'm almost beginning to like Trump.

OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

The internet was once a beacon of hope to those who treasure liberty and the freedom of speech, now it is rapidly descending into just another corporate tool, such a wonderful opportunity lost, meanwhile, I'm almost beginning to like Trump.
I doubt they will succeed in completely stifling free discussion on the net.

Look at what they are demanding of Facebook. How many people do they need to hire to completely censor right-wing content ? Can they automate that .. I doubt it.

People always find a way of speaking their minds. If Facebook becomes too censorious, new platforms will emerge and are emerging.

The technology is evolving faster than the censorious liberals can keep up with.

Their own flagship platforms are being used against them, as John Waters pointed out.

OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Wait a minute!
Newstalk thinks Facebook is not doing enough censorship?
Thats the insanity of it.

Communicorp ( and Starbucks, Levis etc ) thinks Facebook is not censorious enough. Some right-wing content is getting through.

Google will be next in the crosshairs. YouTube is seen as a hotbed of white nationalists. The woke mob will demand they stop hosting Fox and Tucker Carlson. He criticises BLM, so he must be a raging klansman.

The way the woke corporates see it is that Facebook and Google are profitting from 'hate'. i.e people want to view the rightwing content, so advertisers are willing to pay money to FB and Google to advertise on Tucker Carlson's stream for example.

They want to boycott the content hosters as a massive virtue signal.

Polyco

PI Member
On the other hand it could be just an excuse to get out of online advertising which may not be yielding the rewards so fondly hoped of it.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
And INAR should ?

Soros-backed Irish racism quango.

There is a problem with racism in Ireland - as we can see on this forum all too often. But, INAR won't change that. I'm afraid only a general increase in the intelligence level of the Irish population will solve that matter - along with many others.

Top Bottom