• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Retro Wave \ Synthwave - Live the 80s Dream

I think the essence of vapor and retrowave is conjuring up feelings of nostalgia gen X'ers and millensials had for the 80s and early nineties where a sense of optimism about the future prevailed. Everyone remembers sunshine in their childhood.

Its just a shame none of this optimism was well founded. Back to the Future promised hover boards and cool aesthetics while preserving the demographics of America. It didn't predict Muslim terror bombings and 20 Trillion in US Debt.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I think the essence of vapor and retrowave is conjuring up feelings of nostalgia gen X'ers and millensials had for the 80s and early nineties where a sense of optimism about the future prevailed. Everyone remembers sunshine in their childhood.

Its just a shame none of this optimism was well founded. Back to the Future promised hover boards and cool aesthetics while preserving the demographics of America. It didn't predict Muslim terror bombings and 20 Trillion in US Debt.

In reality the 80s and 90s were a terrible time for tens of millions of people. In my view, the fall of the Soviet Union set civilization back possibly by hundreds of years. And we see how the ruling class have put the boot into the working class ever since. The fact is that mass immigration into Europe would have been impossible if the USSR was still there, as the ruling class would still fear the native working class too much.