Hot New Nationalist Party formed in Ireland - An Páirtí Náisiúnta \ The National Party

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I'm disinclined towards nuclear power. It's not something I'd kick up a stink over though.

Our current set-up having nuclear anything - I'm strongly opposed to that. Imagine a Simon Harris type in charge of somethin' nuclear?

I don't think it'll mean anything to the givenpunter the NP is aiming for. If the death penalty can be forgiven by a given voting bloc, then a responsible nuclear energy program won't disturb them.

IrishJohn

PI Member
I used to be opposed to it naturally, but look up Dennis Duff. He explained stuff quite effectively and allayed a lot of concerns I had about it.

Every nuclear power plant is an accident waiting to happen.

Also what do you do with the waste ? You can never get rid of that and it stays around basically forever.

Every nuclear power plant is an accident waiting to happen.

Also what do you do with the waste ? You can never get rid of that and it stays around basically forever.
Yeah, every week we hear about nuclear meltdowns in France killing billions of people.. The MSM can't keep this up forever!

Nuclear energy (even if you include the atomic bombings) has killed fewer people since it's been around than coal-mining has in the same time. It is cheaper to run (we have the highest per/KW price in Europe), it makes us energy-independent and takes up a fraction of the area required by other "green"-forms of energy.

Oh, and it's less carbon-intensive than wind and solar power because it doesn't rely on diesel generators to produce energy during off-peak production troughs.

If you want to pay €60/tonne to use carbon-based fuels, feel free, but the rest of us probably don't

IrishJohn

PI Member
Yeah, every week we hear about nuclear meltdowns in France killing billions of people.. The MSM can't keep this up forever!

Nuclear energy (even if you include the atomic bombings) has killed fewer people since it's been around than coal-mining has in the same time. It is cheaper to run (we have the highest per/KW price in Europe), it makes us energy-independent and takes up a fraction of the area required by other "green"-forms of energy.

Oh, and it's less carbon-intensive than wind and solar power because it doesn't rely on diesel generators to produce energy during off-peak production troughs.

If you want to pay €60/tonne to use carbon-based fuels, feel free, but the rest of us probably don't
I don't want to pay any stupid carbon tax but what about the many thousands of people who got cancer or birth defects because of nuclear pollution ?

Also I doubt nuclear is carbon free when you add in the full life cycle

Just like they tried to claim that electric cars were carbon free but its turns out they will use up more carbon than petrol cars.

valamhic

PI Member
So you are a Hayek/Thatcherite in the mould of Brendan Bracken, Churchill's top. Good for you
Your reply suggests the Maxim, if you are not with me you are against me. That is not necessary the case. I am Celtic Irish
born and bred. I grandfather completed the 1901 and 1911 census as Gaelige. I differ a bit from most, in that I
don't crave a Republic. If there was an Irish Monarch in place I would be happy enough with that. I don't view democracy as a simple
vote. I see Ireland as the property of the Irish people. Voting is only the expression of their will. I don't see voting as a concession afforded
us every 3 years, to be cast and abandoned. I see it as like signing a form to transfer a field from me to a purchaser. They must pay me.

I never could understand why Irish violent nationalism prior to 2023 was conservative while after 2013 it became communist. Very few
Sinn Fein supporters are communist, but the head office is in the exclusive grip of communists. That is why they are losing voters.

Top Bottom