New Joker Movie

page61

PI Member
And all we Americans have heard about this movie is that we should fear it and stay away from it. We’ve been told it’s violent and sick and morally corrupt — an incitement and celebration of murder. We’ve been told that police will be at every screening this weekend in case of “trouble.” Signed the publicity department of the Joker movie.

My 14 year old and his mates went to see it, the girls did not like it, my son said it was ok, one or two thhought it was confusing in parts.Me, i wont be going as im not mad on marvel type movies (they used to be called kids movies)

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
Wasn't really a fan tbh. The premise was okay but fairly cliché.
It was fine but let's just say I wouldn't bother watching it again.

A person with mental health problems from an abusive fatherless family decides to take it out on a series of people who slighted him after the state withdraws its support from him and becomes an anti-hero for a nihilistic down-trodden society .

A decent movie could have been made around this. I just don't think they sold it in a believable way.

To give one example: I can't see all the people rioting after De Niro's character was shot. He was loved by the people. Had he been known as champion of big business and greed or if he had heavily criticised the protesters, you could see it.

I suppose people were comparing it to King of Comedy and from the trailer I expected something similar but this was a flat psychological drama that was light on any humour and long on grating cello string strokes.

It did look amazing. The colour pallet, the sets, the 80s city, everything and Phoenix is a superb actor. Can't fault him.

Bottom line is, I preferred the King of Comedy.

Superhans

Administrator
Donator
And all we Americans have heard about this movie is that we should fear it and stay away from it. We’ve been told it’s violent and sick and morally corrupt — an incitement and celebration of murder. We’ve been told that police will be at every screening this weekend in case of “trouble.” Signed the publicity department of the Joker movie.

My 14 year old and his mates went to see it, the girls did not like it, my son said it was ok, one or two thhought it was confusing in parts.Me, i wont be going as im not mad on marvel type movies (they used to be called kids movies)
Nothing related to that type off film, not an action hero type movie.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I don't think it is a Marvel type movie based on the testimony of others. I haven't seen it yet myself mind.

I always think of Mary Lou McDonald when I think of Jack Nicholson's Joker now that I think of it. Yeah, the look and conduct of that character is an uncanny foretaste of that woman, right up to the bizarre marching that propagates poison as treacle.

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
I don't think it is a Marvel type movie based on the testimony of others. I haven't seen it yet myself mind.

I always think of Mary Lou McDonald when I think of Jack Nicholson's Joker now that I think of it. Yeah, the look and conduct of that character is an uncanny foretaste of that woman, right up to the bizarre marching that propagates poison as treacle.
No its their publishing rival DC comics the creators of Batman who are behind it. One of the great things about Batman is that is has no super powers, bar being wealthy, he relies on his strength and wits, its the same with the all the villains in Gotham, he has risen into greatest like a true Nietzschean Übermensch he occupies a position close to a god, and is willing to die to protect his city.
Heath Ledgers Joker was his nihilistic opponent, and a worthy one that challenged the conventional moral order, he was clearly meant to be some sort of high IQ manic genius with a vocabulary to articulate complex ideas, in contrast with Joker in this film, he is a sad, not too bright loser, he never could have pulled off any of the stunts that Ledgers persona reveled in doing.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
No its their publishing rival DC comics the creators of Batman who are behind it. One of the great things about Batman is that is has no super powers, bar being wealthy, he relies on his strength and wits, its the same with the all the villains in Gotham, he has risen into greatest like a true Nietzschean Übermensch he occupies a position close to a god, and is willing to die to protect his city.
Heath Ledgers Joker was his nihilistic opponent, and a worthy one that challenged the conventional moral order, he was clearly meant to be some sort of high IQ manic genius with a vocabulary to articulate complex ideas, in contrast with Joker in this film, he is a sad, not too bright loser, he never could have pulled off any of the stunts that Ledgers persona reveled in doing.
its a good movie but not for children. the joker on 7 types of meds is a sad disturbed character. who embraces the dark side when life throws to much at him. its a celebration of embracing mental illness. i can see how the left would like it...

Top Bottom