• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Orlared New Irish enjoying the Lockdown

Peter Schlemihl

PI Member
Maybe taxpayers are not funding those lifestyles? Are there any figures on that?

I’m surprised that this question was discounted because the statistics demonstrate exactly what was argued.

In terms of employment, 16% of African nationals are unemployed compared with 7% of Irish nationals and 8% of Eastern European and Asian nationals [p.25].

In terms of employment by nationality, Nigerian unemployment is at 43% and Congolese unemployment is at 60%.

In terms of welfare, 13.2% of African nationals are claiming welfare (jobseekers) compared with 6.3% of Irish nationals, 7.84% of EU nationals and 2.4% rest of world (RoW) [p.7].

Additionally, African nationals tend to remain on welfare. 58% of African ‘jobseekers’ are still ‘jobseekers’ after 12 months, the highest percentage of any nationality grouping.

Of course these figures fail to account for dual African-Irish nationals however it is a fairly safe assumption that there is a degree of consistency.

As far as partying is concerned I’m unconvinced that it is related to a lavish lifestyle but regardless, it is funded by the taxpayer in so far as 13% of all African nationals in Ireland are funded by the taxpayer.

Last edited:

@graceland.com

PI Member
I’m surprised that this question was discounted because the statistics demonstrate exactly what was argued.

In terms of employment, 16% of African nationals are unemployed compared with 7% of Irish nationals and 8% of Eastern European and Asian nationals [p.25].

In terms of employment by nationality, Nigerian unemployment is at 43% and Congolese unemployment is at 60%.

In terms of welfare, 13.2% of African nationals are claiming welfare (jobseekers) compared with 6.3% of Irish nationals, 7.84% of EU nationals and 2.4% rest of world (RoW) [p.7].

Additionally, African nationals tend to remain on welfare. 58% of African ‘jobseekers’ are still ‘jobseekers’ after 12 months, the highest percentage of any nationality grouping.

Of course these figures fail to account for dual African-Irish nationals however it is a fairly safe assumption that there is a degree of consistency.

As far as partying is concerned I’m unconvinced that it is related to a lavish lifestyle but regardless, it is funded by the taxpayer in so far as 13% of all African nationals in Ireland are funded by the taxpayer.
They are underpinned by the taxpayer to a far greater extent than that in realty when one takes into their contribution to the Irish state since the foundation of the state.
The bottom line , they cost more than they are worth to the ordinary Irish person.
If there was no social welfare they simply wouldn't be here in the vast amount of cases.

Myles O'Reilly

Deported
PI Member
Top Bloke
It's annoying how we have to explain everything to that poster.
Low IQ,as Mr Trump might say.
Morgoth's hatchling video explains this phenomenon of put on stupidity.

Done For

PI Member
I guarantee you many irish dole scroungers held parties all through lockdown. Many irish students on covid payments did the same.

Where is the outrage and their thread?
An Irish person doing something negative in Ireland is not the same thing as a foreigner doing something negative in Ireland. This is the false equivalency fallacy people like you always fall into.

Irish people in Ireland should be given preferential treatment, not equal treatment.

I'm sure there are threads in Australian and American forums complaining about Irish behaviour in their countries and they're right to have them. Foreigners in a country should be respectful of that country and aim to behave better than the locals.

I'm sure there are threads in Australian and American forums complaining about Irish behaviour in their countries and they're right to have them. Foreigners in a country should be respectful of that country and aim to behave better than the locals.
It reminds me of when leftists go "you wouldn't mind illegal immigration if they were white". I had a family member who was in America as an illegal; another relative who thought they were smart started asking me "should your cousin be deported too?". They naively thought that my opinion was purely based on race and not laws. They didn't know how to react when I told them "She should be deported as quickly as any Mexican would". It's a very frustrating game when you constantly have to argue against points you've never been made.

IrishJohn

PI Member
An Irish person doing something negative in Ireland is not the same thing as a foreigner doing something negative in Ireland. This is the false equivalency fallacy people like you always fall into.

Irish people in Ireland should be given preferential treatment, not equal treatment.

Exactly if somebody is a guest in your house and they start causing trouble they should be shown the door.

The same should apply to Non-Nationals.

Top Bottom