• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Orlared NEW CHICK-LIT DRAMA ON RTÉ FROM DIRECTOR LENNY ABRAHAMSON

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
Poster of the Year
Can anyone tell me what is this thing called Normal People?
Is is an RTE drama?

Did it show people having sex?

But I could direct you to a half-dozen sites showing that right now.
And the Sinn Fein camp followers here could direct you to 50.

So what's the deal?
Is this just more self- publicity by RTE?
some pozzed drama that shitlib females like, originally a book.
plays out the type of fantasies they have.

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
How sure are you it was called Abbie's Circle? can't find a reference to that name online. Here's part of an episode.

link
Yes thats the one, no wonder I couldn't find it as it is actually called New Beginnings.

I dont think I have ever watched something so subversive in my life, knowing this is targeted at native Irish children.

TW Tone

PI Member
Normal People: Lecherous Chad-Worshipping Fantasies on Full Display

Speaking of vulgarity, ‘Normal People’ is directed by Lenny Abrahamson.

Famous for directing such dour delights as ‘Adam and Paul’, which I personally quite enjoyed as a nascent adolescent.

Despite his talents as an author, his work does not engender hope or a will-to-overcome; at best the audience experiences schadenfreude, deceiving themselves into thinking their nightly Netflix binge confers the right to laugh at those beneath them.

A middling man making middling movies for a middling audience.

Worse than his melancholia is his transparent xenophilia. In ‘Adam and Paul’, the protagonists happen across a fedora-adorned Bulgarian. In the course of their interaction, the ignorant “Fucking Irish!”- as the Bulgarian put it – are not cognisant of his nationality, mistakenly referring to him as a ‘Romanian’. How parochial!

In his 2007 miniseries ‘Prosperity’ we encounter Pala, a Nigerian Asylum seeker. Intended to pull at heartstrings, it highlights her trials and tribulations living in Dublin. Also worth noting is that Pala, like many others in her community, frequently sends money back home to Nigeria.

Such examples expose Abrahamson’s complicity in the on-going erasure of the Irish nation. His work seeks to inculcate the Irish with a complex, equally despondent as it is guilt-ridden. We are liable before the court of humanity. If only we had the perceptual skills of Abrahamson.

We can merely speculate regarding his rationale behind the interpolation of ethno-masochism. What is clear is that he is not a friend of the Irish people.

Yes thats the one, no wonder I couldn't find it as it is actually called New Beginnings.

I dont think I have ever watched something so subversive in my life, knowing this is targeted at native Irish children.
[/QUOTE
u

That's two sick bags I've used up.
And I haven't even opened up what I got at the Off License yesterday.

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
Poster of the Year

was there a series of them, do you know?

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
was there a series of them, do you know?
Yes there used to be a web page I recall seeing it about three years ago, they seem to have scrubbed it completely, I remember lenny abrahamson was the producer or assistant producer, I think Irish Savant did a feature on it a while back, thats how I came across it.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Top Bloke
ORE TEE EEE have gone Doo La lee.
Their 'shine a light' night is still being advertised with Sinead O'Connor covered in Muslim garb and at the end it shamelessly says 'brought to you by your TV licence'.

On a related note, I'm still totally baffled how embracing Islam is seen as progressive by these people???

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Top Bloke
A young Irish girl called Abby who has only people of colour friends, especially the young African male she gets on very well with.
The individual who wrote this is an evil scumbag.

Given that they always use a white girl/woman to diversify, the powers that be obviously see women and girls as being somewhat easily manipulated or dare I say it, stupid. This should be the ultimate insult to any genuine feminist. Yet they appear to glory in their own humiliation oblivious to the contempt in which they are held.

Last edited:

whyfillaw

PI Member
They should have called it ""Shifty Shades of Whey".....The kind of play on words that the Biggest WAn*****r in Ireland Paul Howard does for a part-time living.I'd put him and the director of "Not Normal Sheeple" to Rockall indefinitely
with no access to www and no tv and after 10 yrs on that rock come up with something new and original .I'd bet my right arm , they would both fail the test.

Top Bottom