Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Near Death Experiences

Finished Symphony

PI Member
There's plenty of reading with the Buddhist stuff if you are interested. Like it's endless. You can get the main points I suppose.

Plasticpaddy

PI Member
Yes Buddhism seems to me to be very much a state of mind.Nirvana,which is the end of suffering,certainly appeals to me.There's lots on the internet about Buddhism for those that are interested.

amsterdemmetje

PI Member
Obviously in the job I do I have near death experiences constantly . You get used to it .

D

Deleted member 128

Non Registered Member
When you die you KNOW you're dead: Scientists discover the mind still works after the body shows no sign of life and reveal people have heard their own death announced by medics

• A person's consciousness continues to work after the body has died, study finds
  • Someone has died may even hear their own death being announced by medics
  • Researchers say people's recollections have been verified by medical staff
  • Time of death is called when heart stops beating, cutting off blood to brain
  • Cerebral cortex flatlines and within 2-20 seconds no brainwaves are detected
  • This sparks the death of brain cells but this can take hours after
  • Findings echo plot line of new Hollywood re-make of cult horror Flatliners
When you die you KNOW you're dead: The mind still works | Daily Mail Online

D

Deleted member 166

Non Registered Member
Well it would depend on the odds really. Money on or 6/1 plus?
He was 1/3 favourite in a two horse race.

It was the last race that day in Tramore and a friend had his last €400 on it too.

A lovely sunny Sunday evening in 2004.

We would have had to go home skint. No more booze or fun.

Luckily the nag got a nostril hair in front, and the fun continued into the night :cool:

Top Bottom