Near Death Experiences

Casstiel

Political Irish
Years ago, one of the first things I got into researching was near death accounts of peoples experiences from the 'afterlife'...

Always found it fascinating- I appreciate there's an argument which says these people weren't really dead, and that their experience was akin to a hallucination mediated by the release of dmt etc., but then when you look at cases involving those who have maintained strong religious beliefs throughout their life, only to experience something completely at odds with their expectations... Well, it's interesting.

You hear about people simply seeing what they expect to see- so if you're a Christian, it's anticipated that you'd see Jesus; if you're an atheist, maybe you're going to see deceased family members to 'guide you to the light'...

I find the subject fascinating and wanted to share some videos and discuss this with you.

Now this is, admittedly, a bit of a cheesy crappy video. But it's interesting, so try and overlook the production values

Yes this woman who was born blind, was able to see in her NDE,

If you want another piece of the puzzle, this is a good one from former atheist and college professor, who had a NDE,

OP
OP
Casstiel

Casstiel

Political Irish
One of the biggest and most telling experiences I believe came from this guy.

Neurosurgeon Dr Eben Alexander was convinced out-of-body experiences were hallucinations — until he went into a coma himself and had what he now believes was a glimpse of heaven.
In this second extract from his book The Map Of Heaven, Dr Alexander, who has taught at Harvard Medical School, reveals many others have also seen what he described.
A near-death experience will change your life in more ways than one. It means you have survived a serious illness or a major accident, for one thing, and that alone is one of the most significant events imaginable.
But the aftermath, as you adjust to your radical new perspective, can be even more significant. For me, it was as if my old world was dead and I had been reborn into a new one.
Coping with that is hard: how do you replace your old vision of the universe with a new one, without unravelling into chaos?
How do you take that step from one world to another one, without slipping and falling between the two?

Read more: Neurosurgeon Dr Eben Alexander reveals stories of others who say they've 'seen heaven' while in a coma | Daily Mail Online

Heaven sounds lame. An eternity hanging around with a bunch of other people? That doesn't sound too great. I'll take eternal blackness any day.

I haven't watched all the vids yet up to Howard Storm certainly a fascinating topic.There is a part of our brain that gives us OBE feeling so research indicates.I think that the subconscious is very powerful along with guilt and fear.Stern had a lot of guilt along with withdrawal from alcohol,taking morphine and excruciating pain so I think our brain creates scenarios that gives explanation and comfort to the sufferer.I do think that we have a consciousness that survives death .I will look at the other vids some time.

One of the biggest and most telling experiences I believe came from this guy.

Neurosurgeon Dr Eben Alexander was convinced out-of-body experiences were hallucinations — until he went into a coma himself and had what he now believes was a glimpse of heaven.
In this second extract from his book The Map Of Heaven, Dr Alexander, who has taught at Harvard Medical School, reveals many others have also seen what he described.
A near-death experience will change your life in more ways than one. It means you have survived a serious illness or a major accident, for one thing, and that alone is one of the most significant events imaginable.
But the aftermath, as you adjust to your radical new perspective, can be even more significant. For me, it was as if my old world was dead and I had been reborn into a new one.
Coping with that is hard: how do you replace your old vision of the universe with a new one, without unravelling into chaos?
How do you take that step from one world to another one, without slipping and falling between the two?

Read more: Neurosurgeon Dr Eben Alexander reveals stories of others who say they've 'seen heaven' while in a coma | Daily Mail Online

Thanks for the vids Castiel a truly fascinating subject.I'm inclined to think there is a consciousness after death.I don't think the personalities survive though,I mean I doubt there's a heaven out there with Shakespeare,Mozart and Einstein,so all this contacting the dead is I'm sure nonsense.Hopefully we will learn more about NDE .It does seem to be all about the brain from what I can make out.

What? The planet is one big corruption party. War, rape, murder, abuse, exploitation. I'm not going to pretend it isn't happening and it isn't fucked up so I can get the happy feelz and go to the big DisneyLand in the sky.
Yes there are terrible things happening in the world and that was true a thousand years ago and maybe a thousand years from now too.I don't know what's true, I just hope there's a consciousness that doesn't die.I don't have a religion but I find Buddhist philosophy most interesting.

Top Bottom