Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Blog National Union of Journalists (NUJ)

National Union of Journalists (NUJ) is the group which represents members of the journalism industry, and the NUJ claims to set standards which it's membership are supposed to adhere to. The membership of the NUJ is not confined to journalists only. A full list of the occupations described as "journalistic" can be found here About

NUJ is a British organisation with an Irish Office at Store Street. The Irish office is called Irish Executive Council (of NUJ).

NUJ members are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct :

1. At all times upholds and defends the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed.
  2. Strives to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair.
  3. Does her/his utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies.
  4. Differentiates between fact and opinion.
  5. Obtains material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
  6. Does nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest.
  7. Protects the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of her/his work.
  8. Resists threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and takes no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge.
  9. Produces no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
  10. Does not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of her/his own work or of the medium by which she/he is employed.
  11. A journalist shall normally seek the consent of an appropriate adult when interviewing or photographing a child for a story about her/his welfare.
  12. Avoids plagiarism.

There is no breakdown of the identity or number of Irish journalists who are currently members of the NUJ.

Perhaps it's me, but I'm not clear as to what the role of the NUJ is. Is it a trade union solely to protect it's own members? is it an oversight board to ensure good journalistic standards.
It's not clear (to me).

I'm presuming that people directly employed by newspapers and TV stations and radio station who are writing/publishing/broadcasting content for those entities must be required to be NUJ members? What if they're not members, is this ok?

Last edited:

bAd

PI Member
National Union of Journalism (NUJ) is the group which represents members of the journalism industry, and the NUJ claims to set standards which it's membership are supposed to adhere to. The membership of the NUJ is not confined to journalists only. A full list of the occupations described as "journalistic" can be found here About

So a fairly comprehensive list of the occupations of people who may or may not be incorporated by the darkside.

NUJ is a British organisation with an Irish Office at Store Street. The Irish office is called Irish Executive Council (of NUJ).

So no need to panic, I'm sure there's no evidence to prove the IEC (of NUJ) are in any way linked to Mi5 or influenced by Operation Mockingbird like scenario's.

As Gript.ie said in one of their articles entitled "Ireland is in dire need of a Fourth Estate."

"The Fourth Estate – the press – were meant to be a light to expose the truth, to oppose the government in the people’s interests, to report the truth – not the spin. It is apparent now more than ever that Ireland is in dire need of a Fourth Estate."

I'd go so far as to say Operation Mockingbird probably dominates the mainstream narrative in every Western country in the world and it's not just Ireland that is in dire need of a Fourth Estate.

Arty E

PI Member
PI Member
National Union of Journalism (NUJ) is the group which represents members of the journalism industry, and the NUJ claims to set standards which it's membership are supposed to adhere to. The membership of the NUJ is not confined to journalists only. A full list of the occupations described as "journalistic" can be found here About

NUJ members are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct :

1. At all times upholds and defends the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed.
  2. Strives to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair.
  3. Does her/his utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies.
  4. Differentiates between fact and opinion.
  5. Obtains material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
  6. Does nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest.
  7. Protects the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of her/his work.
  8. Resists threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and takes no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge.
  9. Produces no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
  10. Does not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of her/his own work or of the medium by which she/he is employed.
  11. A journalist shall normally seek the consent of an appropriate adult when interviewing or photographing a child for a story about her/his welfare.
  12. Avoids plagiarism.

There is no breakdown of the identity or number of Irish journalists who are currently members of the NUJ.

Perhaps it's me, but I'm not clear as to what the role of the NUJ is. Is it a trade union solely to protect it's own members? is it an oversight board to ensure good journalistic standards.
It's not clear (to me).

I'm presuming that people directly employed by newspapers and TV stations and radio station who are writing/publishing/broadcasting content for those entities must be required to be NUJ members? What if they're not members, is this ok?

National Union of JournalistS ?

OP
gerhard dengler

gerhard dengler

PI Member
National Union of JournalistS ?

Thank you for spotting that small, but glaring error.
NUJ is of course National Union of Journalists, and not the National Union of Journalism which I had mistakenly stated.

Thanks again.

I've edited the thread title and the text.

PapaQuebec

PI Member
Internment without trial for all NUJ members.

Heavy fines for some.

Imprisonment for others.(life sentences for some)

Death penalty in some cases.

One in One Hundred will be released.

That's me fecked then!

PapaQuebec

PI Member
You are the one per cent!

That's a relief.

Will I have to have the NUJ logo tattooed on my forehead so I can be treated with scorn and revulsion by all right-minded people?

...or, since I dislike needles, will I be permitted to wear some kind of badge or something...

...a yellow star perhaps?

Sham frÓg

PI Member
That's a relief.

Will I have to have the NUJ logo tattooed on my forehead so I can be treated with scorn and revulsion by all right-minded people?
No. You must bring as many of your union colleagues over to the light. Even one or two.

Sham frÓg

PI Member
Now you're becoming unreasonable
Have you any idea of the sheer amount of effort involved in simply sobering them up?
Good point. But I'm sure there's a few who are beginning to see the writing on the wall. Also - I'm of the opinion now that all power structures in society now - media, medicine, banks etc - are cults. And a lot of the cult members don't realise they are part of the cult.

Top Bottom