Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Video Mythical Ireland: Irish Myths (Live daily)

OP
A

As Gaeilge

Donator
PI Member
Do we really need 4 different threads ?
It's what we've been doing for all the other channels.

Make up your mind @mods, do you want a new post per vid or everything buried in a single thread? I've had posts moved out of a single thread and posts merged into a single thread at this point. Personally I think a new post per vid makes the most sense, with 4 videos in 1 thread nobody has any idea what we're referring to.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
Well when I learnt Irish at school the word for stomach was an Bolg.
Pronounced” Bullig”
Other variations are “Bolc”
We all used laugh derisively at the Fir Bolgs as it seemed and still seems daft to characterize an invader by an outsize belly.

The Irish word for a bag or satchel is “Mala”
Bolg is related to the English words belly and bag, with mála derived from the same Germanic word as mail.

Well when I learnt Irish at school the word for stomach was an Bolg.
Pronounced” Bullig”
Other variations are “Bolc”
We all used laugh derisively at the Fir Bolgs as it seemed and still seems daft to characterize an invader by an outsize belly.

The Irish word for a bag or satchel is “Mala”
as usual with all things ancient irish..........ambiguity and multiple interpretation.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
Intersting interpretation here, positing the the Tuatha De Danann were Phoenician in origin and were of the tribe of Dan, one of the lost tribes of Isreal.

OP
A

As Gaeilge

Donator
PI Member
This guy is apparently running these every day live at 6pm while we're locked down for the Corona, if you have any questions or topic suggestions post a comment on the videos or post in the live chat while he is online.

Top Bottom