Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Computing Forever Musings From Dystopia

TW Tone

PI Member
Joined
May 5, 2019
Messages
8,516
Likes
13,943
boring, takes too long to get to the point, takes 1,000 words to say what can be said in 100 words.Stopped watching at 2 :00 , life is to short for waffling on.

How come you didn't Fast Forward to see how it ended?
 

Volatire

PI Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
1,671
Likes
2,913

Engaging delivery and some great insights. I liked his analysis of the phrase "zero covid" and the sneering nanny-statism that accompanies it. His analysis of creeping Marxism and the erosion of property rights is also fully correct.

Such a pity that Cullen promotes the wingnut pseudo-scientific paranoid conspiracy theory that SARS-CoV-2 does not exist.

Easy fuel for the enemies of his primary message.
 

Karloff

PI Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
5,697
Likes
9,788
We will see if he is right if Covid is removed from the equation. History has shown govts are very reluctant to completely bin powers over people like this once they get them. It's a bit weird when he says it's all to benefit the 1 percent though and then says it's all communist.
 

Karloff

PI Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
5,697
Likes
9,788
He has an excellent speaking voice and is highly articulate and intelligent and quite thoughtful too. Probably the best web journalist in the country. I always listen through, he has a way of making you think more carefully about each mad event and stage in these dark times.

He is absolutely right about the change in schools, when i went to school there were so many cliques and fashion/music types - a lot more individuality.
 

TheWexfordInn

PI Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
6,718
Likes
10,617
It's a bit weird when he says it's all to benefit the 1 percent though and then says it's all communist.

Its not really weird or inconsistent, he is saying its communism for the 99 per cent, it's secure wealthy unencumbered freedom and power for the remaining 1 per cent who are pushing the plan.

The 1 per cent are the millionaires and billionaires and the other hangers-on that they allow into their clique ie the politicians and journalists and so on who will do as they are told and drive their plans and the people they choose that will be presented to the 99 per cent as "the experts" to bolster the claim that decisions are being taken for logical, scientific and fact driven reasons as opposed to the actual basis for the decisions which is pushing the agenda of the 1 per cent.
 

NiceNin

Staff member
Moderator
PI Member
Joined
May 26, 2018
Messages
3,371
Likes
8,406
Engaging delivery and some great insights. I liked his analysis of the phrase "zero covid" and the sneering nanny-statism that accompanies it. His analysis of creeping Marxism and the erosion of property rights is also fully correct.

Such a pity that Cullen promotes the wingnut pseudo-scientific paranoid conspiracy theory that SARS-CoV-2 does not exist.

Easy fuel for the enemies of his primary message.
The HSE wrote in a letter dated 23rd December 2020 to former Department of Health official Robert Pye that it holds no records, documents or studies referencing a virus known as Sars Cov 2 in isolation. This letter is publicly available.

It is reasonable to assume no virus exists as a consequence. Generalised assertions, media reports and advertising slogans have no bearing on the evidential vacuum for such virus borne out by this letter.
 
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
1,948
Likes
3,845
We will see if he is right if Covid is removed from the equation. History has shown govts are very reluctant to completely bin powers over people like this once they get them. It's a bit weird when he says it's all to benefit the 1 percent though and then says it's all communist.
He means its communism for the 99%, which means more peasants.
 
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
1,948
Likes
3,845
The HSE wrote in a letter dated 23rd December 2020 to former Department of Health official Robert Pye that it holds no records, documents or studies referencing a virus known as Sars Cov 2 in isolation. This letter is publicly available.

It is reasonable to assume no virus exists as a consequence. Generalised assertions, media reports and advertising slogans have no bearing on the evidential vacuum for such virus borne out by this letter.
I'm still unsure if this virus even exists, although I'm afraid to open my mouth in case I get my head chewed off.
 
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
1,948
Likes
3,845
Its not really weird or inconsistent, he is saying its communism for the 99 per cent, it's secure wealthy unencumbered freedom and power for the remaining 1 per cent who are pushing the plan.

The 1 per cent are the millionaires and billionaires and the other hangers-on that they allow into their clique ie the politicians and journalists and so on who will do as they are told and drive their plans and the people they choose that will be presented to the 99 per cent as "the experts" to bolster the claim that decisions are being taken for logical, scientific and fact driven reasons as opposed to the actual basis for the decisions which is pushing the agenda of the 1 per cent.
Exactly, and socially engineer people to expect lower standards of living.

'Equality" just means bringing down standards to the lowest common denominator.
 
Top Bottom