Miscegenation - anti White Ads here.

An Fiach Ban

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boycott Life Style Sports, mixed race woman walks through Dublin telling us knowledgeable that "True Irishness is a mind set" we see various athletes training, as she intones that we work hard and play hard, cut to scene of African doing street dancing, the ad finishes with "this is our home".

Boycott Life Style Sports, mixed race woman walks through Dublin telling us knowledgeable that "True Irishness is a mind set" we see various athletes training, as she intones that we work hard and play hard, cut to scene of African doing street dancing, the ad finishes with "this is our home".
Well I agree that Irishness is a state of mind, but please, "Work hard and play hard" is a US shibboleth. The Irish HAD to work hard, they didn't run around thinking work equals virtue, that is a Protestant Anglo Neo-capitalist mindset. The harder you work, the richer you will be, the more satisfied and fulfilled you will be as a person. Every bit of that formula is wrong, and the Irish were definitely far too intelligent as a people not to see that. :)

An Fiach Ban

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I agree that Irishness is a state of mind, but please, "Work hard and play hard" is a US shibboleth. The Irish HAD to work hard, they didn't run around thinking work equals virtue, that is a Protestant Anglo Neo-capitalist mindset. The harder you work, the richer you will be, the more satisfied and fulfilled you will be as a person. Every bit of that formula is wrong, and the Irish were definitely far too intelligent as a people not to see that. :)
No its not just a state of mind, that means anybody from anywhere in the world can just identify as Irish and that's it? they are now Irish? If I have a state of mind that I am an Inuit, even if I live in the North Pole, will I be one?
As an aside its hilarious seeing all these Blacks acclaiming that they are Irish, when there are enough of them and the government and media are bending completely backwards over them, I mean much more than they are now, and young White kids lost in the new demographic nightmare attempt to copy the Blacks in music, dress or dance, they will quickly be accused of cultural appropriation.

It's a great quote from a great Irish writer, and he didn't mean by it that anyone could claim to share that mentality. Far from it. My objections to that ad you posted is that it is essentially an Americanised idea of what it means to integrate with another culture/society. Work hard, play hard my ass. Be a little cog in the money-machine, earning profits for your bosses, and then spend your wages on shiny toys, and you will be one of us. Please, is anyone that stupid?

Karloff

PI Member
No its not just a state of mind, that means anybody from anywhere in the world can just identify as Irish and that's it? they are now Irish? If I have a state of mind that I am an Inuit, even if I live in the North Pole, will I be one?
As an aside its hilarious seeing all these Blacks acclaiming that they are Irish, when there are enough of them and the government and media are bending completely backwards over them, I mean much more than they are now, and young White kids lost in the new demographic nightmare attempt to copy the Blacks in music, dress or dance, they will quickly be accused of cultural appropriation.
Irishness is not a state of mind clearly but the perception that it is will be pushed if it aids eradicating Irishness from Ireland and integrating us into the corporate cosmopolitan global state. Irishness doesn't have to prove it's distinctiveness when it predates all the movements and ideas that might want to call it into question, it's like Scientology questioning 'does Catholicism exist?' This idea Irishness is in the mind is also a clever attempt by the neoliberal ruling classes and corporations to make Irishness something they can define (for their own benefits) which makes the nation and it's people their putty to shape.

Irishness is not a state of mind clearly but the perception that it is will be pushed if it aids eradicating Irishness from Ireland and integrating us into the corporate cosmopolitan global state. Irishness doesn't have to prove it's distinctiveness when it predates all the movements and ideas that might want to call it into question, it's like Scientology questioning 'does Catholicism exist?' This idea Irishness is in the mind is also a clever attempt by the neoliberal ruling classes and corporations to make Irishness something they can define (for their own benefits) which makes the nation and it's people their putty to shape.
I see you have completely fixated on that quote I used, and failed to acknowledge the rest of your post is in total agreement with mine. If you are determined not to find common ground with other Irish posters, you will continue to be easily exploited. You can see the phenomenon on here. :)

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
PI Member
All perfectly normal, exactly as it should be, no hostile agenda to see:
The only reason its constantly a black man/white woman combo and not the other way around must be that whoever is pushing this miscegenation sees women as the weak link. Easily manipulated. Ripe for propaganda. Its the same when they use babies and kids when pushing the poor refugee line. Tugging at their heart strings. They must've concluded that men are a harder nut to crack so focused all their efforts on women.

You'd wonder why liberal feminists aren't affronted at the obvious contempt in which women are held.

Top Bottom