Minister Michael Ring and Achill

Arty E

Donator
PI Member
A short interview with Minister for Rural and Community Development Michael Ring was aired on the News at One on RTÉ Radio 1 today.

Minister Ring said he was angry because he was not informed and criticised the lack of information and impliedly the lack of consultation with locals in Achill by the Department of Justice but he also said that an interdepartmental committee has been set up to tell people in future. It appears that his department was not advised of what was planned for Achill either.

He says that that now that people have been told, another group has been set up in Achill to welcome the asylum seekers.

He reiterates that the asylum seekers are fleeing from difficult situations and they don't want to be coming ( how that can be squared with An Taoiseach's comments recently is another matter) and we need to welcome them into this country but local communities that have been designated for receiving them need to be consulted and told.

He says the time has come for a debate on asylum seekers and immigration and that he is on everyone's side in this debate.

It seems to me from what he says that his call for an immigration debate is limited to asylum seekers and informing communities but you can form your own opinion on that.

Is Minister Ring, smart man that he is, with an eye to elections in the not too distant future and the prospect of further rebelliousness on the part of local communities, airing this now, to shore up support in Mayo for the traditional more conservative rural vote or is it a realisation that immigration is becoming a 'hot' topic for the ordinary electorate particularly in rural areas or a bit of a mix of everything.

The clip is short - less than 4 minutes but worth a listen.
He also confirmed that the initial plan was 70 males, then reduced to 33 males, and finally 13 females.
That last figure was the one widely reported in the MSM, trying to hide the fact that Achill was to become the dumping ground for 70, and trying to place the wacist label on the good folk of Achill.

TW Tone

PI Member
It was ever thus. When the media or our rulers concede 'a debate on immigration' it invariably means a discussion on how best to implement Mass Immigration. Five or six panellists on RTE or Newstalk debating (sic) immigration, all agreeing its Just Wonderful.
The corruption of what passes for our journalistic class was again visible in remarks by Shane What's his face, the presenter of the Newstalk morning program today.
He explicitly said that there should be no discussion on immigration. Think about it. The greatest demographic change in the history of the country, and a 'journalist' says we shouldn't talk about it!

He is doing an interview on the topic after 8 a.m.
If you want to express an opinion, it's
breakfast @ newstalk.com

Last edited:

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Please make media complaints about media bias to Democracy Ireland folks.

Alf Tupper

PI Member
He also confirmed that the initial plan was 70 males, then reduced to 33 males, and finally 13 females.
That last figure was the one widely reported in the MSM, trying to hide the fact that Achill was to become the dumping ground for 70, and trying to place the wacist label on the good folk of Achill.
Not quite. The final Pravda approved description is 13 vulnerable females. Didn't you get the memo that was sent to RTE, the Irish Times and the rest of the MSM filth. Female economic migrants are always to be referred to as vulnerable even if they are currently living in a very nice hotel thousands of miles away from a war zone. Now, as punishment for your racism, write the word "vulnerable" 500 times to atone for straying from groupthink, you Nazi scum. :)

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
He also seemed to be proud of the fact that ballyhaunis was 60% non national, now I ask you how can he say that with a straight face.
He will campaign to get schools and services for your children for their future and the future if rural Ireland yet they are leaving and strangers are getting the benefit of these schools and services, you couldn't make this up

Catalpa

PI Member
Ring is a classic parish pump politican

- I have no doubt he will be re elected next time out

- he works the lanes and streets, highways and byways of his constituency

- he knows his people - and they know him.

Immigration just isn't an issue for most constituents

- so long as they feel that 889 Congolese immigrants are not going to be parachuted on top of Ballyslash one dark night

- then they don't really care that much about asylum seekers.

Last edited:

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Just been on Twitter. I have to say, it looks like this immigration topic is really waking people up. I thought I was still on the Political Irish website with the comments I read!
Very heartening. People see through all this racist bs. The political masters will have to change plans. Keep the pressure up. It’s waking many people up this morning

Last edited:

Ted

PI Member
Ring is a classic parish pump politican

- I have no doubt he will be re elected next time out

- he works the lanes and streets, highways and byways of his constituency

- he knows his people - and they know him.

Immigration just isn't an issue for most constituents

- so long as they feel that 889 Congolese immigrants are not going to be parachuted on top of Ballyslash one dark night

- then they don't really care that much about asylum seekers.
Westport is kept well clear of any undesirables. Even the Travellers were moved to other towns. There'll be no DP centre in Westport.

Wolf

PI Member
A short interview with Minister for Rural and Community Development Michael Ring was aired on the News at One on RTÉ Radio 1 today.

Minister Ring said he was angry because he was not informed and criticised the lack of information and impliedly the lack of consultation with locals in Achill by the Department of Justice but he also said that an interdepartmental committee has been set up to tell people in future. It appears that his department was not advised of what was planned for Achill either.

He says that that now that people have been told, another group has been set up in Achill to welcome the asylum seekers.

He reiterates that the asylum seekers are fleeing from difficult situations and they don't want to be coming ( how that can be squared with An Taoiseach's comments recently is another matter) and we need to welcome them into this country but local communities that have been designated for receiving them need to be consulted and told.

He says the time has come for a debate on asylum seekers and immigration and that he is on everyone's side in this debate.

It seems to me from what he says that his call for an immigration debate is limited to asylum seekers and informing communities but you can form your own opinion on that.

Is Minister Ring, smart man that he is, with an eye to elections in the not too distant future and the prospect of further rebelliousness on the part of local communities, airing this now, to shore up support in Mayo for the traditional more conservative rural vote or is it a realisation that immigration is becoming a 'hot' topic for the ordinary electorate particularly in rural areas or a bit of a mix of everything.

The clip is short - less than 4 minutes but worth a listen.
There's an election on the horizon.......

TheIrishRight

PI Member
Westport is kept well clear of any undesirables. Even the Travellers were moved to other towns. There'll be no DP centre in Westport.
That's a lie, syrians are there and have caused issues, I have contact s there.

TW Tone

PI Member
Not quite. The final Pravda approved description is 13 vulnerable females. Didn't you get the memo that was sent to RTE, the Irish Times and the rest of the MSM filth. Female economic migrants are always to be referred to as vulnerable even if they are currently living in a very nice hotel thousands of miles away from a war zone. Now, as punishment for your racism, write the word "vulnerable" 500 times to atone for straying from groupthink, you Nazi scum. :)

Shouldn't our feminists be objecting to the juxtaposition of 'women' and 'vulnerable'?
ALL genuine refugees are vulnerable.
That rules out the Achill crowd, I warrant.

On a related topic, large parts of Latin America are currently in chaos. Rural Mexico sees horrors better not described.
I would be sympathetic to someone from these kill zones seeking asylum here.
Yet, as far as I can tell, Mexicans make up much fewer asylum seekers than Albanians, citizens of a much smaller country.
Why is that?