Minister Michael Ring and Achill

DrPat2

PI Member
A short interview with Minister for Rural and Community Development Michael Ring was aired on the News at One on RTÉ Radio 1 today.

Minister Ring said he was angry because he was not informed and criticised the lack of information and impliedly the lack of consultation with locals in Achill by the Department of Justice but he also said that an interdepartmental committee has been set up to tell people in future. It appears that his department was not advised of what was planned for Achill either.

He says that that now that people have been told, another group has been set up in Achill to welcome the asylum seekers.

He reiterates that the asylum seekers are fleeing from difficult situations and they don't want to be coming ( how that can be squared with An Taoiseach's comments recently is another matter) and we need to welcome them into this country but local communities that have been designated for receiving them need to be consulted and told.

He says the time has come for a debate on asylum seekers and immigration and that he is on everyone's side in this debate.

It seems to me from what he says that his call for an immigration debate is limited to asylum seekers and informing communities but you can form your own opinion on that.

Is Minister Ring, smart man that he is, with an eye to elections in the not too distant future and the prospect of further rebelliousness on the part of local communities, airing this now, to shore up support in Mayo for the traditional more conservative rural vote or is it a realisation that immigration is becoming a 'hot' topic for the ordinary electorate particularly in rural areas or a bit of a mix of everything.

The clip is short - less than 4 minutes but worth a listen.

Figg_

PI Member
A short interview with Minister for Rural and Community Development Michael Ring was aired on the News at One on RTÉ Radio 1 today.

Minister Ring said he was angry because he was not informed and criticised the lack of information and impliedly the lack of consultation with locals in Achill by the Department of Justice but he also said that an interdepartmental committee has been set up to tell people in future. It appears that his department was not advised of what was planned for Achill either.

He says that that now that people have been told, another group has been set up in Achill to welcome the asylum seekers.

He reiterates that the asylum seekers are fleeing from difficult situations and they don't want to be coming ( how that can be squared with An Taoiseach's comments recently is another matter) and we need to welcome them into this country but local communities that have been designated for receiving them need to be consulted and told.

He says the time has come for a debate on asylum seekers and immigration and that he is on everyone's side in this debate.

It seems to me from what he says that his call for an immigration debate is limited to asylum seekers and informing communities but you can form your own opinion on that.

Is Minister Ring, smart man that he is, with an eye to elections in the not too distant future and the prospect of further rebelliousness on the part of local communities, airing this now, to shore up support in Mayo for the traditional more conservative rural vote or is it a realisation that immigration is becoming a 'hot' topic for the ordinary electorate particularly in rural areas or a bit of a mix of everything.

Oh he's just doing what all politicians do: conveniently changing his mind when he realises the wind of popular opinion is blowing in a different direction.

Expect more politicians to magically become anti-immigration over the next few weeks.

Storybud2

PI Member
He is batshit crazy and I know because friends from Westport told me how fooking incompetent he is and a classic psychopathic narcissist,

He is utterly mental but knows how to butter his bread (probably his handlers on this one) and narcissists always follow the money,

The D4 Fake News will get away with their lies as usual but I think the political scum know the mood has changed,,,

Ted

PI Member
Michael Ring is full of wind and piss.Not once did he support the people of Achill. Not once did he object to this imposition of a DP centre without consent, Just another bloviating shyster,Vote him out next election, he is a failure to his constituency.
He'll be re-elected because he looks after his constituency (the national interest is another matter). He just landed a totally unnecessary dual carriageway for Westport costing well over 200 million, and not a word from anybody.

datsunireland

PI Member
Michael Ring is full of wind and piss.Not once did he support the people of Achill. Not once did he object to this imposition of a DP centre without consent, Just another bloviating shyster,Vote him out next election, he is a failure to his constituency.
Also what debt does the electorate owe to the state to welcome and burden ourselves with looking after immigrants. Nowhere in any social contract is that written. The govt has undertaken to do its international duty which the people then have to take on at massive social cost to themselves. GTFO

blackout

PI Member

they are posturing for the election
little snakes think they can pull it off by not doing anything the whole time and all of a sudden magically throwing off the arabian carpet and saying that they are against illegals and asylum farms.

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
He is batshit crazy and I know because friends from Westport told me how fooking incompetent he is and a classic psychopathic narcissist,

He is utterly mental but knows how to butter his bread (probably his handlers on this one) and narcissists always follow the money,

The D4 Fake News will get away with their lies as usual but I think the political scum know the mood has changed,,,
Doesn't surprise Me one bit - He's up there with the worst of them in the Dail.

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
Michael Ring is the type of endemic, sychophantic, chancer that in 08 would have told his masters in the EU; "Are ye sure we can't be on the hook for more money lads" - then spouted back home about what a great deal he got for the country.

cmac

PI Member
Oh he's just doing what all politicians do: conveniently changing his mind when he realises the wind of popular opinion is blowing in a different direction.

Expect more politicians to magically become anti-immigration over the next few weeks.
I hope so I also hope the Nigerians given citizenship because they had a baby are told to pack up as they got here by false pretences there was and is no war in Nigeria, send them all back, free up houses for the Irish.