Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Self Moderated MI5 Harris wants to turn country into Communist China with new snooping laws.

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium
PI Member

bells of shandon

PI Member
This is the bollix that wrote his own definition of Hate Speech Law.
Will SF have the balls to fire his ass, if they form a Govt. He could cause them serious trouble with his MI5 files.
RTE should be another prime target and then run Google out of town to make Christmas come early.

Oliver Plunkett

Donator
PI Member

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
Will SF have the balls to fire his ass, if they form a Govt. He could cause them serious trouble with his MI5 files.
RTE should be another prime target and then run Google out of town to make Christmas come early.
Naw they both work for M15 now.
I see he wouldn't release Garda files relating to what info they had on Mountbatten's activities in Kincora.
No doubt his tenure as Garda Commissioner has had the shredding machine working overtime.
However I do see laughs and giggles when both their private security parties come into contact with each other.

TW Tone

PI Member
What about the widening of the speed camera network? Never debated in the Dail. Was this a sting from the dying wasp Ross?

I saw some fool 'journalist' in the Indo this morning say that speed cameras had saved 71 lives since their introduction.
Think about that. On what basis was that precise figure arrived at? How can you calculate things (deaths in this case) that never happened.
If an accident doesn't happen how can you calculate it? Very like the tree falling in the forest....

It's utter stupid nonsense.
Obviously he had been fed that figure by someone in Ross's office or in one of the myriad Road Safety outfits that are never challenged by our fifth-rate media. Their squalk is usually "Ah sure if it saves lives..." On that basis, introducing a national speed limit of 30 kph would save lots of lives.
Why don't they?

subversive writer

PI Member

Black & Trans

PI Member
Harris is beding compared to Communist China and the Stasi, even though his background is blue blood British. The Irish authorities recently admitted MI5 eavesdropped them during the entire GFA talks. The enemy here is MI5/CIAS and their countless local stoolies.

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
British intelligence conspired to get Martin McGuinness elected in the 1982 Assembly elections, a British agent working as a Sinn Fein party activist explained:

“A few days before the election I had a routine meeting at Ebrington Barracks with my contact John. During the meeting he introduced me to a man named Alec from London (who was not military).
“He was very interested in how I thought Sinn Féin would do at the election and was absolutely over the moon when I told him of our plan to get Martin elected. Alec made it clear to me that it was imperative that ‘Martin McGuinness gets elected to the Northern Ireland Assembly’.
“This was intriguing, and Alec stressed that there was a school of thought in London who differed from the main body of government. They believed that if Sinn Féin had elected representatives it might be possible to make some headway...Alec said they knew that Gerry Adams would undoubtedly get elected, but for me – Willie Carlin – it was vital that ‘You do all you can to get Martin elected. It’s only the first step down a very long rocky road but it’s important that by next week Martin McGuinness is an elected representative of Sinn Féin. Do you understand the importance of what I’m saying, Willie?’
“‘Even if it means breaking the law through vote stealing to achieve it?’ I asked.
“Alec just smiled. ‘Whatever it takes, Willie, whatever it takes.’ It proved to me that this new army unit was not 100 per cent tasked by the military machinations of the IRA’s Derry Brigade; it had a politico-strategic mission as well: to encourage, cajole, persuade and aid those forces in the republican movement towards political action rather than armed struggle.
“The school of thought personified by Alec got its way on 20 October 1982 when we started stealing votes...after thieving the polling cards of doctors, nurses and other medical staff from the local hospital we were voting early and often to put our ‘1’ and ‘2’ beside the Sinn Féin candidates on ballot papers. We even stole the votes of the nuns from the Good Shepherd Convent. Sinn Féin took over 10 per cent of the valid poll in the North and won five of the seventy-eight seats.”
Mr Carlin said that the scale of Mr McGuinness’s vote meant that he would have won anyway, but that his tally included more than 800 stolen votes: “Martin was ecstatic and revelled in his victory. There would be no going back now, Martin McGuinness had entered the dirty world of politics and Gerry Adams would teach him how to ride his military horse along that road."

No doubt they have refined things since 1982.

Storybud2

PI Member
It would be quite simple to regulate, a circuit Court Judge or Garda Superindentent could authorize a warrant based on evidence that can be
checked by GSOC and the Dail, pretty sure any android or apple OS can be "listened" by the CIA or NSA , no problem,

On one hand I do want to Gardai to be able to track/listen/copy text from drug dealers and scum but on the other hand I do not 100% trust
that this tech would not be abused by powerful scumbags within government, it's a kinda good loss,, getting scum to hang themselves
by their own hand is best,,

DrPat2

PI Member
Little chance on those two happening, I think.

OP
Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium
PI Member
It would be quite simple to regulate, a circuit Court Judge or Garda Superindentent could authorize a warrant based on evidence that can be
checked by GSOC and the Dail, pretty sure any android or apple OS can be "listened" by the CIA or NSA , no problem,

On one hand I do want to Gardai to be able to track/listen/copy text from drug dealers and scum but on the other hand I do not 100% trust
that this tech would not be abused by powerful scumbags within government, it's a kinda good loss,, getting scum to hang themselves
by their own hand is best,,
Joe Loughnane is still walking around after being recorded and they've done fuck all about it.
They don't need any more powers to spy on the rest of us for wrong think and the like when they won't arrest criminals who made recorded statements.

Top Bottom