• Welcome to Political Irish.

    Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

    Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

    Click Here to sign up!

Media manipulation explained.

gerhard dengler

Moderator
PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
6,857
9,868
How the system works from Kaitlin Johnson


Good article.

The admission by YT CEO that they use algorithms to manipulate interest levels, so as to manipulate which content gets seen and which content doesn't get seen, shows the degree of finesse that is deployed.

If I was a betting man I would say that 80% of all content accessed daily on the internet is porn, with the other 20% being news, sports, gossip.
 
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #4
OP
jpc

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
5,475
8,388
Good article.

The admission by YT CEO that they use algorithms to manipulate interest levels, so as to manipulate which content gets seen and which content doesn't get seen, shows the degree of finesse that is deployed.

If I was a betting man I would say that 80% of all content accessed daily on the internet is porn, with the other 20% being news, sports, gossip.
No conspiracy theory there!
Straight from the horse's mouth with no sense of irony.
 

gerhard dengler

Moderator
PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
6,857
9,868
No conspiracy theory there!
Straight from the horse's mouth with no sense of irony.

Well I don't think that those entities like Google etc would be prepared to admit that the most searched for sites on their platform are porn sites. Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that even avowed capitalists really don't want to be tarnished with being purveyors of porn, despite
coining the monetary proceeds that accrue.

So the algorithm can be tweaked to indicate that these porn searches don't happen or that they don't happen to the frequency cited.
 
  • Clever
Reactions: jpc
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #6
OP
jpc

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
5,475
8,388
Well I don't think that those entities like Google etc would be prepared to admit that the most searched for sites on their platform are porn sites. Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that even avowed capitalists really don't want to be tarnished with being purveyors of porn, despite
coining the monetary proceeds that accrue.

So the algorithm can be tweaked to indicate that these porn searches don't happen or that they don't happen to the frequency cited.
I'm thinking more about news sites being effectively delisted.
The porn site's.
Seek not too hard and you shall find!
What if you change your browser?
Even there again.
How many competing search engines are out there that can compete with Google and it's assorted add ons?
 

Eriugena

PI Member
Sep 13, 2020
6,919
9,265
Well I don't think that those entities like Google etc would be prepared to admit that the most searched for sites on their platform are porn sites. Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that even avowed capitalists really don't want to be tarnished with being purveyors of porn, despite
coining the monetary proceeds that accrue.

So the algorithm can be tweaked to indicate that these porn searches don't happen or that they don't happen to the frequency cited.
I think it's a matter of common knowledge that the most visited sites on the internet are porn and gambling. At least, this was the situation some years go when I became aware of the trends.
 

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
4,398
2,196
Well I don't think that those entities like Google etc would be prepared to admit that the most searched for sites on their platform are porn sites. Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe that even avowed capitalists really don't want to be tarnished with being purveyors of porn, despite
coining the monetary proceeds that accrue.

So the algorithm can be tweaked to indicate that these porn searches don't happen or that they don't happen to the frequency cited.
I would say you are right in that. Porn sites in my opinion remove the right of government to control what people see and particularly
children. I do not want my grandchildren to be watching porn, especially unnatural acts showing it all. Put they can watch it.
 

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
4,398
2,196
Big tech currently can overrule all government attempts to protect children, while they can ban the former president of the united states.

So they can overrule the will of the people in two ways. They are more powerful that the world's government

 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #10
OP
jpc

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
5,475
8,388
Big tech currently can overrule all government attempts to protect children, while they can ban the former president of the united states.

So they can overrule the will of the people in two ways. They are more powerful that the world's government

Valid observation.
It's probably more to the point to say that they operate as an arm of government.
 

whyfillaw

PI Member
Aug 3, 2018
2,334
3,980
who would I rather watch on Yútúbe ; David Icke or Dudsey Baloney,I assume the bosses will OK Dudsey but block David Icke.
There are other alternative platforms growing in viewers and these will show the material Yútúbe censor.
The best days of Yútúbe are behind it and slowly it is losing its prominence bit by bit.

 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #12
OP
jpc

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
5,475
8,388
who would I rather watch on Yútúbe ; David Icke or Dudsey Baloney,I assume the bosses will OK Dudsey but block David Icke.
There are other alternative platforms growing in viewers and these will show the material Yútúbe censor.
The best days of Yútúbe are behind it and slowly it is losing its prominence bit by bit.
You tube has excellent educational videos.
Top class.
Everything you can need or imagine from home mechanical to history.
But as you pointed out it's not in the business of hosting various news or viewpoints anymore.