• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Mayo Candidate claims Election was Rigged - Promises High Court Action

Asif

PI Member
PI Member
[font='Roboto Slab', Cambria, Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Independent candidate claims election was ‘rigged’[/font]

[font=Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A defeated Mayo candidate in the general election is to launch a High Court bid to have the constituency’s result declared null and void and a new election called. [/font]
[font=Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
Independent candidate Gerry O’Boyle received just 126 first preference votes, but he claims ‘there was a thousand votes robbed off me’. [/font]

Mr O’Boyle further claims that he lost a lot of votes in Claremorris and Ballyhaunis, claiming votes went ‘missing’ sometime between the polling stations closing on Friday night and the count starting in the Royal Theatre in Castlebar on Saturday morning. [/font]

Ballyhaunis-based O’Boyle said he is lodging High Court application papers this week and applying to get the ‘General Election Mayo four-seater recalled as a new election’. [/font]

“I’ve had people contact me from all over the county who said they voted for me and it didn’t come through. I’m not in this to get a seat. I know my vote wouldn’t be that high, but I expected to get 1,000 to 1,200 first preferences,” Mr O’Boyle told The Mayo News last night.[/font]

“For instance, in the Crossboyne box I have nine dead certs there, and only one vote came up on the tally. We have a whistleblower in relation to what I am saying, but I am not willing to say any more about the whistleblower, as there is a legal case pending. We’ve enough evidence. Independents were targeted. You might think I’m mad, but I’m not. It was a total fraud,” he added.[/font]

[font=Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Support
Mr O’Boyle said some other Independent candidates in Mayo are supporting his application. 
When it was put to him that his total of 126 votes in Mayo was not out of sync with his previous election performance in the Roscommon-South Leitrim by-election in 2014, when he polled just 82 votes, Mr O’Boyle disagreed. [/font]

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/27396-independent-candidate-claims-election-was-rigged[/font]
Is this guy smoking something?

He got 126 votes, claims he should have had over 1,000 and claims the election was rigged.  Does he not understand that even with 1126 votes he would have still lost and been out of the race?

It would costs thousands to launch high court action, and even if he won he would still be a loser?

Can he not just accept he lost?

ergo2

PI Member
Asif said:
[font='Roboto Slab', Cambria, Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Independent candidate claims election was ‘rigged’[/font]

Is this guy smoking something?

He got 126 votes, claims he should have had over 1,000 and claims the election was rigged.  Does he not understand that even with 1126 votes he would have still lost and been out of the race?

It would costs thousands to launch high court action, and even if he won he would still be a loser?

Can he not just accept he lost?
Candidates who do not have much experience or cop-on tend to  believe everybody who says they will vote for them.    In some cases they assume phrases such as "will look after you;  will do the right thing;  will give you t he stroke etc as firm expressions of support.

I heard an esperienced politician say that only one in twenty promises of support should be relied upon

Thargor

PI Member
Total idiot, no way could it be rigged, everyone is watchinh everyone.

Why not ask for a recount at the time, it would have taken minutes to check is 126 votes.

Madam

PI Member
Fair play to him, id love to see someone take the system on.

I know a good few people who were denied a vite for not being on the system despite voting in the SSM referendum.

If he has the money then go for it

ergo2

PI Member
Madam said:
Fair play to him, id love to see someone take the system on.

I know a good few people who were denied a vite for not being on the system despite voting in the SSM referendum.

If he has the money then go for it
Everybody should check the register each year.   However a mistake in the register will not invalidate the election.

The election in each constituency is organised and run by experienced staff.

When you say you "want to take the system on", what exactly do you mean?

bartypus

PI Member
ergo2 said:
Everybody should check the register each year.   However a mistake in the register will not invalidate the election.

The election in each constituency is organised and run by experienced staff.

When you say you "want to take the system on", what exactly do you mean?
True, but people who voted in the SSM refetendum should still be on it.

I tried to change my address and was told it was an option and my polling cards would be sent to my old address.

They said the register wiuld update in 2017 and I could change then!

Luckily enough it was the same area so i could knock on the door and get my cards!

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
On facebook he is saying this

Independent candidate's that run in the general election in mayo are to meet up later on today on the issue of independent vote's missing and of the 2,400 that are alleged to be spoiled votes ,The independent candidate's are preparing a high court papers that is expected to be lodged in the high court's this week,The high court papers are to seek a high court order of the re-calling of a election in the mayo 4 seater electoral ,Ballot boxes in transit for up to 8 hour with no accountability,up to 10,000 independent vote's unaccountable

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
Election rigged in mayo today only 4,100 independent votes in total in mayo,votes missing big time,i am ashamed to say i from mayo and the people of mayo deserve every thing that's coming down the line to them after re-electing Enda Kenny on a fraud vote people of mayo should be ashamed of them self's

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
There is something not quite right here I'm getting reports of a hell of a lot of people been taken of the register without given permission to do so,, all those people voted in the marriage equality referendum l hear that Gerry O Boyle from mayo had 100 of his supporters taken off if this is true they will have to be a major investigation this election will have to be null and void something stinks me thinks ☑?

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
Gerry O Boyle was discriminated at the polling stations in ballyhaunis today when i went in to vote for myself as a large crowd of supporters gathered to see me cast my vote the presiding officer stoped a supporter taking a photograph of me dropping my vote in to the ballot box the presiding officer said these was new rules (but later i learned in the day the presiding officer is a rank fine geal supporter and i was allowed to take a photograph this corruption got to stop

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
Thargor said:
Total idiot, no way could it be rigged, everyone is watchinh everyone.

Why not ask for a recount at the time, it would have taken minutes to check is 126 votes.
Are you really this naieve or are you just having a laugh?

Top Bottom