Mass protest outside butcher Harris's home

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
I am no fan of Minister Harris (and assuming this was not set up as one poster suggested could be the case) but I find this albeit peaceful protest outside his home unacceptable. My aunt lives on the same estate. Why should his neighbours have to suffer rent a (small) mob?

If you want to express your views, go to his constituency clinic or organise a public meeting in his constituency etc

And I wish some posters would not keep going on about him being a baby murderer.
I voted to repeal the 8th and what side of the argument Minister Harris was on was irrelevant to me and I suspect to hundreds of thousands of those who voted to repeal. Are we all 'baby murderers?. If I used my real name on this site,would posters track me down and protest outside my house?
The Irish people voted to repeal the 8th. Any consequences will be sustained by the Irish nation.

As a public servant it is Harris's duty to facilitate the wishes of the electorate, so the level of criticism he received on this issue is arguably unwarranted; however he didn't just act as a facilitator. After betraying Pro-life organisations, he lobbied hard to have the 8th repealed. He was the pro-abortion flag ship. He showed no respect or consideration for pro-life people or their arguments, including the proposed ameliorating amendments to the legislation he drafted - let's be honest about that, it is very liberal, possibly the most liberal abortion regime in the EU?

There's also another facet of all of this that was barely discussed during the referendum campaign: Harris's cynical use of the repeal campaign to paper over the cracks and failings in the health service under his watch. Someone referred to it as "Harris playing the abortion fiddle whilst the health service burns". Quite appropriate. Now that the dust has "settled" on abortion, his political opponents and our capricious media have replaced their surgical knives with daggers and Harris has replaced the unborn as the mark. Dare I say that the pro-life movement won't bat an eyelid if he goes down? They may even gloat about it? Does he deserve that? Hmmmm....well in my view, the politicians of the day are merely a reflection of the will of the people, so if he does go down, gloating about it is as bad as Harris's gloating about the success of the campaign to repeal the 8th. Rather, he deserves to go down for the fiasco that is the Children's hospital - as do some other mandarins!

Moreover, the fact is that whilst he can't be blamed entirely for repealing the 8th, he will forever be associated with it. If the tide turns and it seems that there's a chance that it will (not in Ireland, mind), then History may take a dim view of Harris and his acolytes. It'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds, but I doubt any of us will be around to see it.

I share your feelings on people protesting outside of his house. I don't agree with it; but it was peaceful - Harris should have gone out and talked to them!

Doogle

Donator
PI Member
Im not a fan of protesting outside his house
Keep Family out of situations and also It only gives more sympathy to him and hurts the valid reasons that people are protesting for in the first place
Hes only a puppet anyway and all his decisions are instructions given to him via Senior Civil Servants and other Handlers.
it will just end up with all of them getting round the clock security like ex Presidents and Taoisigh and costing the tax payer more
He already has a Ministerial pension in the bag and most likely some lovely positions available from Europe and Health Sector conglomerates like plenty previous Ministers over the years before him,when its time to step down the ride has just begun and the future is bright.

Karloff

PI Member
The Irish people voted to repeal the 8th. Any consequences will be sustained by the Irish nation.

As a public servant it is Harris's duty to facilitate the wishes of the electorate, so the level of criticism he received on this issue is arguably unwarranted; however he didn't just act as a facilitator. After betraying Pro-life organisations, he lobbied hard to have the 8th repealed. He was the pro-abortion flag ship. He showed no respect or consideration for pro-life people or their arguments, including the proposed ameliorating amendments to the legislation he drafted - let's be honest about that, it is very liberal, possibly the most liberal abortion regime in the EU?
He had a constitutional obligation as Health Minister to protect the health of the unborn as much as the mother except in cases where her life is at risk (at which point they are not regarded as 'equal'), he should have refused to campaign either way in the run up to the referendum.

He has a personality type that also grated with this most emotive and important issue in mind, he talks very fast and displays little emotion.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
He had a constitutional obligation as Health Minister to protect the health of the unborn as much as the mother except in cases where her life is at risk (at which point they are not regarded as 'equal'), he should have refused to campaign either way in the run up to the referendum.
It is quite ironic that a health minister would lead an attack on the unborn.

Politics, its full of ironies!

Reactions: Jim

@graceland.com

PI Member
I am no fan of Minister Harris (and assuming this was not set up as one poster suggested could be the case) but I find this albeit peaceful protest outside his home unacceptable. My aunt lives on the same estate. Why should his neighbours have to suffer rent a (small) mob?

If you want to express your views, go to his constituency clinic or organise a public meeting in his constituency etc

And I wish some posters would not keep going on about him being a baby murderer. I voted to repeal the 8th and what side of the argument Minister Harris was on was irrelevant to me and I suspect to hundreds of thousands of those who voted to repeal. Are we all 'baby murderers?. If I used my real name on this site,would posters track me down and protest outside my house?
He stood with all the other reprobates up in Dublin castle celebrating the spilling of innocent blood
He made his choices

Last edited:

@graceland.com

PI Member
Classic. It's the same with the enrichment. Simon Harris is mildly inconvenienced and suddenly it's headline news, stop the presses. Meanwhile rural working class community villages that have had more or less the same families for 100's of years and all of a sudden there's a Direct Plantation Centre forced on them against their wishes with 100 Pakistanis bussed in. It doesn't matter that the previous families and local community have been the lynchpin, heart and soul for generations. Media reaction? Fuck them, they're probably racist anyway.
Your sucking diesel there

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Donator
PI Member
I wish the people here that are so concerned about this little weasel were as concerned about the Cork woman that had to walk 150 miles to get some canabis to ease her child's seizures. This prick should be hounded out of office in my opinion

Bad dog

Donator
PI Member
That's the actual protest? The one that kept him trapped inside his house? Trapped?
What a sap. If he was any use he would have gone out and chatted and made them a cup of tea instead of cowering inside the window peeping out in terror. My opinion of him would have dropped but it could never go any lower anyway.

Helen Back

Donator
PI Member

And I wish some posters would not keep going on about him being a baby murderer. I voted to repeal the 8th and what side of the argument Minister Harris was on was irrelevant to me and I suspect to hundreds of thousands of those who voted to repeal. Are we all 'baby murderers?. If I used my real name on this site,would posters track me down and protest outside my house?
Apparently this was the 'mob' which Simon's media friends rushed to defend him from

They came, they saw, they got cold, they went home. Hardly the Gilets Jaunes.

You're not directly a baby murderer. You've supported and facilitated the introduction of a liberal abortion on demand regime.
No need to assume victimhood, you're not a public figure so it's a personal matter for your own conscience to deal with.

Top Bottom