Marx, Hegel, Luther - On the Jewish Question

Καπανεύς

PI Member
I have decided that if I ever do get around to reading Kant I will subsequently go the Schopenhauer-Nietzsche route & not the Hegel-Marx one.

I believe Schopenhauer's vague political outline in Parerga & Paralipomena includes the outline of an Aristokratia based on persons of competence & presumably in-depth philosophic knowledge of what seems to be Schopenhauer's main influences- Plato, Kant & the Upanishads. Correct me if I am wrong.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
I have decided that if I ever do get around to reading Kant I will subsequently go the Schopenhauer-Nietzsche route & not the Hegel-Marx one.

I believe Schopenhauer's vague political outline in Parerga & Paralipomena includes the outline of an Aristokratia based on persons of competence & presumably in-depth philosophic knowledge of what seems to be Schopenhauer's main influences- Plato, Kant & the Upanishads. Correct me if I am wrong.
Schopenhauer is definitely worth reading if only for the beauty of his writing.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

How is the Schopenhauer going?

maupin

PI Member
How is the Schopenhauer going?
I'm more concerned with the Medieval & Renaissance periods right now & specifically verse. I will be taking options in Attic next semester, tho, which I already know some of & which could prepare me for the Platonist aspects of the philosopher you mentioned.

Why do you ask?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm more concerned with the Medieval & Renaissance periods right now & specifically verse. I will be taking options in Attic next semester, tho, which I already know some of & which could prepare me for the Platonist aspects of the philosopher you mentioned.

Why do you ask?

Ah just wondering if you found it heavy going.

Top Bottom