Martin McGuiness has a female successor?

a chara,

Michelle O’Neill has been appointed by the party to take up the position of party leader in the North and this will be announced at 2pm this afternoon at an event in the Long Gallery in Stormont. Despite all the media speculation, we would ask that you keep the information confidential until that time.

Michelle is a long standing member of the party, has been an MLA in the Assembly since 2007 and held the positions of Minister for Agriculture and Health. She is also a member of the Ard Chomhairle and part of our negotiations team.

We have done an interview with Michelle which will go up on facebook and the party’s website at 2pm, similar to that done with Martin McGuinness last week. At the same time holding the event at the Long Gallery in Stormont, which will be attended by party activists, MLAs and TDs and will be chaired by Mary Lou McDonald and addressed by Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness and Michelle O’Neill.

We will circulate the interview and Michelle’s keynote address at 2pm and ask that you share the video on social media.

Is mise,

Dawn Doyle

Ard Runaí

Donate to Sinn Féin
Donate now

Connect With Us:
Facebook

Twitter

Contact Info:
Sinn Féin

44 Parnell Square

Dublin 1, Ireland

Tel: (353) 1 8726100/8726932

Email: news@supporters.sinnfein.ie

Terms | Privacy | Unsubscribe

Michelle O’Neill is the Sinn Féin Assembly Member for the constituency of Mid-Ulster and Minister for Health.

A formidable campaigner she has championed issues of equality, autism, disability, mental health and the rights of rural dwellers since first being elected as an Assembly Member in March 2007.

Michelle served in local government as a member of Dungannon and South Tyrone Borough Council from 2005 until 2010 - becoming the first woman to hold the position of Mayor of the Dungannon council area.

Michelle O'Neill

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
Premium Account
Good choice, hopefully she will be able to steady the ship however I feel London will yet again be calling the shots.

R

Realism

Non Registered Member
Great choice, she is a wonderful woman who wants a united Ireland.

Dublin 4

Premium Account
What a Joker.

This clown lied that Ireland's Fisheries benefited from Goldman Sach/EU Membership.

Totally underwhelming Politician- no presence what so ever.

Nationalist Vote Share is 36%!

SF & the SDLP are crap...

a chara,

Michelle O’Neill has been appointed by the party to take up the position of party leader in the North and this will be announced at 2pm this afternoon at an event in the Long Gallery in Stormont. Despite all the media speculation, we would ask that you keep the information confidential until that time.

Michelle is a long standing member of the party, has been an MLA in the Assembly since 2007 and held the positions of Minister for Agriculture and Health. She is also a member of the Ard Chomhairle and part of our negotiations team.

We have done an interview with Michelle which will go up on facebook and the party’s website at 2pm, similar to that done with Martin McGuinness last week. At the same time holding the event at the Long Gallery in Stormont, which will be attended by party activists, MLAs and TDs and will be chaired by Mary Lou McDonald and addressed by Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness and Michelle O’Neill.

We will circulate the interview and Michelle’s keynote address at 2pm and ask that you share the video on social media.

Is mise,

Dawn Doyle

Ard Runaí

Donate to Sinn Féin
Donate now

Connect With Us:
Facebook

Twitter

Contact Info:
Sinn Féin

44 Parnell Square

Dublin 1, Ireland

Tel: (353) 1 8726100/8726932

Email: news@supporters.sinnfein.ie

Terms | Privacy | Unsubscribe

Michelle O’Neill is the Sinn Féin Assembly Member for the constituency of Mid-Ulster and Minister for Health.

A formidable campaigner she has championed issues of equality, autism, disability, mental health and the rights of rural dwellers since first being elected as an Assembly Member in March 2007.

Michelle served in local government as a member of Dungannon and South Tyrone Borough Council from 2005 until 2010 - becoming the first woman to hold the position of Mayor of the Dungannon council area.

Michelle O'Neill

Do you have any links to that claim, I have never heard her say such a thing.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
What a Joker.

This clown lied that Ireland's Fisheries benefited from Goldman Sach/EU Membership.

Given the current circumstances in Norn Iron why didn't they go for Conor Murphy?

Why are you quoting yourself?
I should have quoted you.

What a Joker.

Do you have any links or evidence to support this as I have never heard anything such as this.

a chairde

a chairde

Mo Cara - My friend

Mo Anam Cara - My Soul Mate

Bráthairean m'athar - My fathers brothers

Mo bana-charaid - My Kinswomen

M0 caraidean as grádhaiche - Friends of my heart

Tha uaisle fo do thonn - Your nobility runs deep

That is how an Ulster Gael should address an in-house audience in Gaelic.

Alt: Shin sibh, a chairde, is mo dhaoine uaisle, tha latha math ann an-diugh,

Michelle O’Neill has been appointed...

Is how you should have addressed the common folk!
Where did you get that quote from?

Dublin 4

Premium Account
I should have quoted you.

Do you have any links or evidence to support this as I have never heard anything such as this.
No Probs.

There are more links than this if you need;-

DAY: SINN FEIN VISION IS OF IRELAND
UNDER EU RULE

UKIP Mid Ulster spokesman, Alan Day, has commented on contradictory comments by Sinn Fein on membership of the European Union.

Alan stated:
“Sinn Fein continues their confused approach to the EU (having previously opposed the EEC). Daithí McKay has said leaving Europe would cause ‘economic devastation’ on the island of Ireland and cited farming and fishing.

DARD Minister Michelle O`Neill has recently stated that “The European Fisheries Fund has made a significant contribution to our commercial fishing and coastal communities…”

“She failed to mention that the UK has almost 70 per cent of Europe’s fishing grounds but only 13 per cent percent of its fishing quota. The Common Fisheries Policy opened up the UK’s fish to all EU member states – £130 million of fish is dumped annually under the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy. By leaving the EU we can give our fishing industries a huge boost.”

Mr Day continued:

“This is contradicted by Sinn Féin’s Ireland South MEP Liadh Ní Riada who is meeting with European Commissioner Karmenu Vella to discuss “the negative state of Irish fisheries, the existential threats to the livelihoods of native fishermen and their marginalisation by the government and the EU compared to their counterparts….I have consistently made clear the substantial contribution which Ireland makes to the EU economy in terms of the value of the fish taken by other member states from Irish waters….”

“Sinn Fein have stated our agriculture industry and rural communities continue to reap the benefits of European Union membership through the Rural Development Programme. Do Sinn Fein think this is free money? This is UK taxpayers money. Leaving the EU would save £55 million per day. UKIP have outlined a UK Single Farm Payment to replace the EU equivalent.”

“Northern Ireland deserves better than Sinn Fein `economic lunacy`.

I also note that Daithi McKay cities the Tories 9000 votes in Northern Ireland as a reason not to hold a referendum.

He conveniently left out the eurosceptic vote of UKIP, TUV & DUP and those in other parties).

DAY: Sinn Fein vision is of Ireland under EU rule

I've no axe to grid with shinners like "Off with their heads" who are opposed to Tsunami Immigration & the Goldman Sachs/EU.

The likes of this O'Neill Character or the O'Brion Character or the Kearney Character are a different matter!

She's a clown obviously -- like almost every other politician on this island.

But moving away from the generally unsympathetic McGuinness and putting in a young and pretty face is a smart political checkers move. It'll put the DUP sourface old guard on edge -- at least when it comes to image that is presented by each of the two parties.

Top Bottom