• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Marian Finucane - RTE Radio One

• Thread starter Sharkattack
  • Start date
  • Replies 116
  • Views 8K

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Finucane going full belt this morning on the migration

Some panel members expressing this view:

We need to get real to manage migration. European economies are absorbing migrants so its not right to stop them doing certain jobs here. They will come anyway and European economies need them so they should be allowed in and work.

'Borders cause lawlessness', et cetera

Naughty FG for voting in the EP against relaunching official migrant rescues in the Mediterranean.
Economic migration is easy to control based on skill sets needed for the country. Quotas are also easily set. So can anyone in the Regime tell me how many economic migrants is enough for Ireland ? Surely the Regime are not just letting anyone in from anywhere with no control or quota or plan? ;-)

DrPat2

PI Member
Now on to Direct Provision... not a positive way of integrating people into Irish society!!! Populist concerns of the far right mask valid concerns of the communities. There are willing communities who will take migrants.

The numbers are miniscule. Ghettoising them in institutions, give our history of institutionalising people, guilt tripping. We have stopped apologising for institutionalising people.

One panel member says he is from Drumcondra and cycles through Dublin 1 which has the highest number of asylum seekers and these towns and villages around the country have none or very low numbers; there is an imbalance - DUH!

Last edited:
OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
Now on to Direct Provision... not a positive way of integrating people into Irish society!!! Populist concerns of the far right mask valid concerns of the communities. There are willing communities who will take migrants.

The numbers are miniscule. Ghettoising them in institutions, give our history of institutionalising people, guilt tripping.
Pure rubbish and mind rot. Switch it off!!

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
Honestly This is the most unbalanced drivel I've ever heard.
The two Dublin 4 "Saoirses", DORT accented, right on parasites are so boring and ridiculous.

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
Economic migration is easy to control based on skill sets needed for the country. Quotas are also easily set. So can anyone in the Regime tell me how many economic migrants is enough for Ireland ? Surely the Regime are not just letting anyone in from anywhere with no control or quota or plan? ;-)
Thank God for Salvini.

OP
G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
You're right. I have switched it off. It would do anyone's head in listening to Finucane and the other cosy set relentlessly spouting the official line on 'sacred cow' topics such as migration, Brexit, Clinton, nationalism, etc.
It will never change, tune in a year from now and you'll be listening to the same shyte.
I've had to condition myself to avoid MSM altogether, it really is mind poison..All of it!

Honestly, learn a language or read a book. Your mind will be much healthier.

TW Tone

PI Member
Back in the 1970s Dundalk became known as 'El Paso', on account of the numbers of gunmen, real and imaginary, who made the town their home.

There is a story that one Saturday afternoon a pub in the town had its usual Saturday horse racing on TV. As still happens, many punters combine swilling pints with popping into the bookies next door to get bets on. They then watch to see how their fancies get on. I've done it myself--it's a pleasant, though sometimes costly way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

After a particular race had finished, a man at the bar took a pistol out of his pocket, filled the TV with a few rounds, knocked back his drink, and walked out.
The horse he had bet on had come in nowhere.

As I listened to Marian Finucane this morning, I understood how that long forgotten gunman felt. I wanted to fill my radio with lead, anything to stop the unspeakable tripe that was coming from all panellists.

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
Back in the 1970s Dundalk became known as 'El Paso', on account of the numbers of gunmen, real and imaginary, who made the town their home.

There is a story that one Saturday afternoon a pub in the town had its usual Saturday horse racing on TV. As still happens, many punters combine swilling pints with popping into the bookies next door to get bets on. They then watch to see how their fancies get on. I've done it myself--it's a pleasant, though sometimes costly way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

After a particular race had finished, a man at the bar took a pistol out of his pocket, filled the TV with a few rounds, knocked back his drink, and walked out.
The horse he had bet on had come in nowhere.

As I listened to Marian Finucane this morning, I understood how that long forgotten gunman felt. I wanted to fill my radio with lead, anything to stop the unspeakable tripe that was coming from all panellists.
Fuking brilliant, that story has made my weekend!
Thank you!

Top Bottom