Maria Walsh

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
That's why I was delighted to see FG tanking in that Irish Times Ipsos / MRBI poll on Saturday, which showed Varadkar's personal approval rate plummetting 7%.

I thought 'good enough for the wankers'. After their disgusting pandering to the abortion lobby and other blatant politics of distraction, to try and divert attention from their failures in housing, health and homelessness.

10,000 people homeless? Lets have another pointless referendum which gives the illusion of 'progress', like cutting divorce wait times.

These fuckers need to be destroyed.
I'd love to see someone put it to them, the number of immigrants coming into the country per month as we speak, or even per year. It would dwarf that 10,000, yet they're coming in and presumably living somewhere that isn't the streets. How do/would they rationalise that?

Ted

PI Member
The young people of Ireland should know what awaits them under Fine Gael -
"Coffin Homes"

This is what Walsh and every other FG candidate represent.

blue velvet

PI Member
I'd love to see someone put it to them, the number of immigrants coming into the country per month as we speak, or even per year. It would dwarf that 10,000, yet they're coming in and presumably living somewhere that isn't the streets. How do/would they rationalise that?
They have a prepared script that they all use.

'The housing shortage has nothing to do with immigration. It's an entirely separate issue'.

Basically gaslighting people by telling them that black is white. That what they can see with their own two eyes is an optical illusion.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

'The housing shortage has nothing to do with immigration. It's an entirely separate issue'.

Basically gaslighting people by telling them that black is white. That what they can see with their own two eyes is an optical illusion.
It's why so-called racism is such an important tool for them, and why it's absolutely everywhere these days- they always combine some sort of decency/kindness/fairness into it, and immediately shut it down with guilt. People are so sensitive to it too, they just cave.

Ted

PI Member

Those who do highlight the immigration crisis are shouted down -

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

Ted

PI Member
Unfortunately, those who want managed immigration are all too easily lumped in with those who want no immigration because "furriners".

Currently we have no management of immigration and our young people are paying the price in every sense.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Unfortunately, those who want managed immigration are all too easily lumped in with those who want no immigration because "furriners".

Currently we have no management of immigration and our young people are paying the price in every sense.
Until we have control of our border, there'll be nothing managed about it unfortunately- except to see how many more we can manage to get in.

Was that article reissued today do you know?

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
I'd love someone to put this back to Leo- or any of the FG scumbags.

On the 'Marian Finucane Show' on Sunday, pretender to the throne of Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, listed three of the things Fine Gael stands for, namely free markets, Europe and "managed migration".

blue velvet

PI Member
I'd love someone to put this back to Leo- or any of the FG scumbags.

On the 'Marian Finucane Show' on Sunday, pretender to the throne of Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, listed three of the things Fine Gael stands for, namely free markets, Europe and "managed migration".
They stand for nothing, except getting into power. Just like FF, who they always held their noses and pointed at.

He himself was supposedly pro-life until he got into the Taoiseach's office and did the biggest 180 ever by immediately caving to the abortion lobby.

Coveney, another one. Described as a 'pro life hardliner' in FG. What happened to that.

If you stand for nothing, you will stand for anything.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
They stand for nothing, except getting into power. Just like FF, who they always held their noses and pointed at.

He himself was supposedly pro-life until he got into the Taoiseach's office and did the biggest 180 ever by immediately caving to the abortion lobby.

Coveney, another one. Described as a 'pro life hardliner' in FG. What happened to that.

If you stand for nothing, you will stand for anything.
Yeah, I remember when they were picking between the two after Enda, the chat was that Coveney would be the man for Pro-life, but surprisingly to me, Leo was considered the man for controlling immigration. As you say, neither was ever going to do either.

Top Bottom