Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Ireland Lisa Smith is Back In Ireland (Arrested by Gardaí on Suspicion of Terrorist Offences)!

Ted

PI Member
Surprised by this really

If she is in denial then the State has to produce evidence that proves her Guilty.

If no one gives witness against her

- then that is going to be rather difficult...

A defendant is entitled to a presumption of Innocence

- until proven beyond reasonable doubt to the contrary.
The case will most likely depend on eye witness accounts. Would you fancy giving evidence against ISIS, esp. if you're a Muslim?

Of course, this would never be a pre-election stunt.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
All of this would have been avoided as well as the considerable costs to the Irish state had Ms Smith been handed in to the lawful government of Syria.
On the face that would be the common sense solution, and indeed it has a lot of rationality and justice to it, however the ruling elite here know that that would annoy their masters in Washington and Brussels, and so they would never even dream of doing so.

Rommel

PI Member
Crystal ball gazing I see. You seemed to have made up your mind without any trial...
If you had any say in the matter she would be straight to the front of the line for a house and free benefits on the back of the rest of us.

Serious question do you believe she is an innocent person in all this

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
The case will most likely depend on eye witness accounts. Would you fancy giving evidence against ISIS, esp. if you're a Muslim?

Of course, this would never be a pre-election stunt.
ISIL are crushed basically, and it least for the moment Salafi-Jihadism is licking it's wounds. The majority of Syria is now a lot safer than many parts of England. I think it would be that difficult to bring her to trial. However going to the difficulty of tracking people down in Syria and Iraq- especially as the ROI is something of a client state of the Syrian governments worst enemies- is not something I could see our rulers doing. I could be wrong though.

Ted

PI Member
FG was in line for so much abuse over this that there was no way Smith was ever going to be allowed back on the streets before the election.

Hitchcock

DEPORTED
If you had any say in the matter she would be straight to the front of the line for a house and free benefits on the back of the rest of us.

If you had your way she'd probably be in front of a firing squad.

I have no idea what she did or didn't do and neither do you or the rest of the 'hang her' brigade on here, she has been charged, she'll have a trial, I'll wait and see what happens.

Top Bottom