• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LIDL - Tenner off 50 euro spend - Irish Indo, today (Sat Dec 5)

Rick

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Political Irish
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LIDL - Tenner off 50 euro spend - Irish Indo, today (Sat Dec 5)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Think you can still use these vouchers in Tesco too.[/font]

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Political Irish
Also being reported that tomorrow

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Aldi €10 voucher in the Sunday world and Indo this weekend.[/font]

Liverpool

Political Irish
Thanks Rick, I managed to get 20 Euro of my shop today, ten in Lidl, and then another 10 off my Tesco shop!

Going to get the Aldi ones tommorow for next weeks shop!

Thanks again!

Isn't just about every supermarket doing something similar?
Dunnes €10 off if you spend €50?
Supervalue €8 off for a €50 spend etc..

London

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Political Irish
Peppermint said:
Isn't just about every supermarket doing something  similar?
Dunnes €10 off if you spend €50?
Supervalue €8 off for a €50 spend etc..
True, but Lidl and Aldi are far cheaper!

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
London said:
True, but Lidl and Aldi are far cheaper!
Indeed!

Aldi has been slowly growing in the US for 40 years, but only recently began expanding rapidly to 2,000 stores ahead of Lidl arriving in 2018. Hence a lot of news articles in the US press on the Germans. Aldi and Lidl are credited with forcing Wal-Mart to abandon the German market. One of their few failures with a $3B loss. Now Aldi are expanding in Wal-Mart's home turf of Oklahoma.

This rapidly expanding grocery chain is 30% cheaper than Walmart

Rick said:
Also being reported that tomorrow

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Aldi €10 voucher in the Sunday world and Indo this weekend.[/font]
you are a cheap date. 1000 euro would not induce me to buy that rag.

We got the vouchers and will be using them Tomorrow - It's usually against my religion to buy the Independent or Sunday World, but needs must - We shop in Lidl/Aldi/Local and shopping is calm, no music blaring at you!

Rural said:
We got the vouchers and will be using them Tomorrow - It's usually against my religion to buy the Independent or Sunday World, but needs must - We shop in Lidl/Aldi/Local and shopping is calm, no music blaring at you!
The only thing that annoys me about Lidl/Aldi (and our local Super "Valu") is the lack of a self service till when you're only going in for a few bits. Tesco and Dunnes are great for this. Though it's a sort of unwritten rule now in our local Aldi that when someone has one or two items the shopper on front with their large trolley full of stuff lets them jump ahead of them.

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
Ren84 said:
The only thing that annoys me about Lidl/Aldi (and our local Super "Valu") is the lack of a self service till when you're only going in for a few bits. Tesco and Dunnes are great for this. Though it's a sort of unwritten rule now in our local Aldi that when someone has one or two items the shopper on front with their large trolley full of stuff lets them jump ahead of them.
Theft at self checkouts is up to 5 times higher than at manned ones. Since Aldi/Lidl only have 1-2 checkouts open for most of the day, and would still need one person to monitor the self checkouts, the potential savings to them are less than at a traditional supermarket, if in fact there are any savings at all.

Customers have figured out that it is easy to steal in self-checkout.  If an attendant catches them with unscanned items, they can always plead ignorance about how to use the system properly.  Some popular ploys are:

• Leaving expensive items in the shopping cart, or in the reusable bag on the floor, while scanning cheaper ones;
  • Scanning items with the bar code facing up, or covered by your hand;
  • The banana trick – putting a $10 a pound package of steak or coffee on the scale, while looking up and entering bananas at 69 cents a pound;
  • Scanning an item with one hand while dropping another item into a reusable bag on the floor; and
  • Leaving a case of water on the bottom of the shopping cart.

Just to let people know, Tesco will take these Lidl and Aldi vouchers as if they were Tesco vouchers. 

By the way the Sunday World had both Lidl and Aldi vouchers in it yesterday, check further into it for the Aldi one.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Rural said:
Fair play to you Rural for putting the needs of your household foremost

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Ren84 said:
Got mine today, immediately binned the paper once I cut the token out. Still, I felt awful handing over my money to Dinny. Ugh.
Look at you, you would sell your soul for a few pence

Youngdan said:
Fair play to you Rural for putting the needs of your household foremost
I always do! :)

We will shop Tomorrow and thanks to this Site, I found the Aldi token - Making space for all the toilet rolls, rubber gloves, candles, coffee, etc. as we speak!

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Good woman Rural, plus you have a sense of humor unlike some other unsavory posters on this site.

Youngdan said:
Good woman Rural, plus you have a sense of humor unlike some other unsavory posters on this site.
Which can get one into trouble sometimes, but the secret is to "drive on" regardless! :)