Leonard Cohen kicks the bucket - RIP

Tobias

Donator
PI Member
It's been a hard year on stars, brilliant stars.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
I think Leonard Cohen was of the best of a Jewish tradition that really cares for humanity. Sadly, that tradition has been overshadowed by an aggressive Zionism that makes all humanity subject to Zionist paranoid delusion and infantile greed. Cohen wrote some great songs and never sold out. His turn of phrase was probably even better than Dylan's, though he didn't have Dylan's musical range. I'm sure Cohen will remain an inspiration to many aspiring song writers, but, sadly, the world that would allow great song writing no longer exists. That's the real tragedy that Cohen's work was all about - the passing of the world that made him possible. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
FUCK LEONARD COHENN! There is oonly ONE LANGuage the Belfast Scum Understand, and that is the Language Of Violence. So Let's F-king Go, Palestinian Scum, eh? You don't want Violence Now? Too F--King Late! I' have a Right To Whack You! Now, F--k OFF Back 2 Belfast!!!!

BLOOD WILL B SPILLED< COME WHAT MAY!
what album was that on?

Raydaze99

PI Member
what album was that on?
"I think it means exactly what it says. It is a terrorist song. I think it's a response to terrorism. There's something about terrorism that I've always admired. The fact that there are no alibis or no compromises. That position is always very attractive. I don't like it when it's manifested on the physical plane – I don't really enjoy the terrorist activities – but Psychic Terrorism. I remember there was a great poem by Irving Layton that I once read, I'll give you a paraphrase of it. It was 'well, you guys blow up an occasional airline and kill a few children here and there', he says. 'But our terrorists, Jesus, Freud, Marx, Einstein. The whole world is still quaking.' - Leonard Cohen

Leonard Cohen - First We Take Manhattan

They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
For trying to change the system from within
I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin

I'm guided by a signal in the heavens
I'm guided by this birthmark on my skin
I'm guided by the beauty of our weapons

I don't like your fashion business mister
And I don't like these drugs that keep you thin
I don't like what happened to my sister

Ah remember me, I used to live for music
Remember me, I brought your groceries in
Well it's Father's Day and everybody's wounded

Raydaze99

PI Member
I've always considered 'First We Take Manhattan' to be an overtly militant song, with even a militarist march beat to the song, which kind of surprised me coming from a man who sang and spoke of loving and peaceful things. Nonetheless, I have been a fan of Leonard for many years and have seen been at four of his Irish concerts. Probably, for me, one of his most profound lines comes from one of his most famous songs, 'Sisters of Mercy' as he describes one of the benefits of the 'sisters'...."If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn, they will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem".....
Beautiful.....!!

Top Bottom