Legalise cannabis in Ireland?

• Never

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • On a limited trial basis

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Fully legalise

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
marijuana should be freely available in ireland. so should many other banned substances but because of its special healing qualities, its a crime that people get busted for possession of marijuana

Cannabis is banned in Ireland because we don't like to go against anything our American masters say.

They banned it because of pressure from the tobacco lobby, see weed can be grown at home, and tobacco cannot, and weed cannot be taxed like packets of cigarettes. It would also offer an alternative to many other things, cannabis oil for one would take billions in revenue away from the chemical pill factories, and plus it is another excuse to keep people locked in their massive money spinning prisons. 

It is preposterous that it is still banned in this day and age and should be proof to anyone that the government does not give a shit about our health, only about how much tax it can collect. Marijuana is actually a name made up by Washington to make cannabis sound foreign and illegal. 

To recap, an industrial crop laced with chemicals that kills millions every year is legal, a plant that has healing powers and up to 50,000 uses is not. Thank god we have our governments to protect us.

the cannabis issue seems to be correcting itself, with four of five US states having now legalised it.

As a parent, I have major worries  about the quantities of pharmaceuticals , over the counter, legal, illegal and unidentified that our young are necking. 
our medical services dont know what they are taking, or how to treat them if something goes wrong, and we dont know what the repercussions of ill advised combinations are , especially with alcohol .

there seems to be a fair bit of home grown guidance on the internet, quite horrifying some of it, as it specifies how to distill active ingredients from over the counter medicines. But there is also advice on safe dosages, and combinations, fpr those who have enough of a sense of caution to pay head.

to anyone with young teenagers its alarming, and makes a bit of weed look positively harmless.

spoilsport

Donator
Premium Account
There is numerous health benefits, form ingesting cannabis oil. I have made the oil, from the weed itself a number of times, for friends whom suffer from cancer, and MS. I have then shown them how to do it for thenselves, and they have successfully done so many times.  It takes around 5 hours to make about 10-12 days supply of oil.

I do not smoke the stuff, and have only made the oil for sick friends, whom have all had very good benefits from doing so. I do not think that the oil in itself, will cure cancer, or MS, but effectiveily helps patients with the nausea of chemo & radiation, spasms, pain, and restores appetitie (ie munchies) which helps patients from wasting away, which in itself reduces thier immune response to their affliction.

I think the mindset of this nation,  is still too conservative  & ignorant of the benefits, and will not legalize the weed, for another generation or two. But until the UK does so, we will lag behind.

A puritan way of looking at it, is to think that someone simply does not need cannabis to use as a means of recreation. I've heard a sort of view that goes along the lines of 'sure why would you want to do that, there are far more productive ways to spend your time', etc. These people can't seem to accept that others find life at times to be rather disappointing, trivial or stressful and cannabis is just another way to escape from the daily grind. Happiness is well beyond the reach of some people and drugs are just another way of coping with this. The puritans cannot accept this simple fact. They are too precious for drug use. Although coping is for some users. Other users have different reasons.

People should not be prohibited from buying any narcotics /drugs...save perhaps antibiotics as overuse there would lead to their diminishing potency

Most forms of weed are less harmful than alcohol 

In fact the only issue I know of is high THC weed may trigger schizophrenia in the genetically vulnerable 

Cyp

The drug gangs make money from the sale of illegal drugs, the question is who else makes money from it, Maybe politicians are also involved and don't want their wages reduced, was a high profile politician not implicated with one of the biggest drug gangs in the Country?
What about the cops?

OP
OP
F
the cops always steal some for personal. at least the crime team in derry do, then they put massive street values on it

Only illigeal drugs I think that should be legalized are cannabis and lsd since drugs like heroin and cocaine or meth all have nasty health effects and cause many social problems, while lsd and cannabis don't have problems at all much except social stigma and a need for governments to have war on drugs.

can there be a pole ( :) ) on the question

something on the lines of

a) decriminalized for medical reasons
b) decriminalized totally
c) fully legalized
d) maintain statues que

There was a doctor on Drive Time yesterday who works with addiction.  It was regards to the latest plan not to do someone for having a spliff at a concert. Instead of being nicked, they will be directed towards a persuasion clinic, to convince them to stop.

In his opinion, and he says the stats prove it, that alcohol is the biggest cause of damage to peoples mental and physical health.  

It was gas listening to Mary talking about the having the aul spliff. She is up to date on the jargon, no doubt down to her researchers, as opposed to any personal experience with the ganja!

Top Bottom