• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Blog Leaked Docs expose west's propaganda war in Syria

roc_

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
What was Blumenthal's great revelation that he experienced in December 2015 in Russia?

Nothing much had changed on the ground in December 2015.

Look, back to basics, the major tragedy of this war was that the international community failed to protect and assist civilians who in large numbers were being killed, injured, brutalised, bereaved, displaced, or impoverished by the conflict.

I hold the opinion that internet useful fools contributed to the conflation over time of political and humanitarian objectives, which left innocent Syrian civilians without protection.

That's the only vein that throbs with me.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015
Well I don't know about anyone else but I was sold after the first two bars of spooky music. No idea what they were shiteing on about though.

Seriously though, Alec Jones is a cynical operator. He has his formula down pat - he plays to the fears of people, justifies their failures, confirms their suspicions, and helps them throw rocks at their enemies. Sold. He makes mega dollars from this formula. And he has of course spawned thousands of hopefuls who imitate him. He makes his audience feel like they have superior and sensationalist insight and knowledge about how our world works. Which mitigate their feelings of inferiority. A brilliant if totally cynical and fucked up salesmanship.

Good illustration though @Sham Óg of yet another meeting of the minds of the far right with the radical left. The right were even well ahead of the radical left to see the potential to make propaganda out of it.

Please don't infer that there is a meeting minds between myself and sham Og. That's just an insult too far Roc! :say What?:
I'd rather a mind meld with yourself any day frankly!! :ROFLMAO:

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015

roc_

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
... air support and succour for head hacking jihadis during the war... cover for their jihadist head hacking savagery
and their sex slavery of the yahzidi women...
This always struck me as a key propaganda phrase like "child murderers" designed to make an emotional appeal, ensure rational thought does not occur, ensure dissent can not occur for fear of being said to support same, and to vindicate any savagery to eradicate the alleged evil of "head-hacking" or whatever.

The Syria/Iran/Russia axis propaganda succeeded in turning every group on the ground into "head hackers" or basically ISIS prototype groups in the minds of their readers. Did this reflect truth?

For example I looked carefully into the accusation that Israel were enabling "head hackers" in their efforts to prevent Iran-backed fighters and militants of the Islamic State from taking up positions near their border.

The only group clearly identified in these accusations was Fursan al-Joulan - Wikipedia. I found no indication that this group ever engaged in anything beyond fighting Assad within the frameworks of jus in bello. I presented my findings to the usual howls of derision and shrill accusations.

Syria was/is a nation comprised of around 75% Sunni Muslim. Was it not truly amazing how in all these millions, some 12-15 million souls, there were found only "pro government" souls (even in consideration of the fate of family and friends in Assad's jails), or else they were these abominable "head-hackers", and in fact there were no souls of integrity to be found amongst their fighters whatsoever! (Now no doubt their rebel groups were some way from our own FCA say, but "head-hackers"?)

As I said, the propaganda coup clearly lay anywhere else but in the Western propaganda, whose propaganda was clearly the most dismal, tragic failure. Obama is to blame for this. That's not a personal criticism, he was no doubt the most intelligent, humane president perhaps ever. But he lacked the necessaries of supreme military commander.

So a critical mass bought into the RT/Sputnik/PressTV stuff, and Syria, Iran and Russia were thus able to commit any savagery they liked, with impunity, to achieve their military objectives.

Sure, what else could you do in the face of a bunch of "head-hackers" but give them a taste of their own medicine?

The Western allies may justifiably have a number of criticisms levelled at them, in particular as I touched on, the Obama administration made an absolute hames of every single intervention, humanitarian or otherwise, that they were forced to deal with.

There may well be a type of stability and "peace" to be achieved under the increase of the influence of Russia, Iran and their proxies in the middle east. The fact is though even turning your eyes away from the entrenching of tyranny, and treatment of minorities, any shift in a balance of power inevitably sets off chain reactions of upheavals.

I do think this "exposé" of the OP is a kind of reward, an emboldening of the western faithful who enabled the "victory" of the dictators in Syria. I wonder though will they eventually overestimate the gullibility of their gallery, and try and push it too far. I would get some satisfaction in seeing the dawning realisation in my compatriots, I would try not to lower myself to rubbing it in. They succumbed to actual state level propaganda, in the face of which we are discovering that the frameworks of our own "mainstream" media are far in the second place.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015
This always struck me as a key propaganda phrase like "child murderers" designed to make an emotional appeal, ensure rational thought does not occur, ensure dissent can not occur for fear of being said to support same, and to vindicate any savagery to eradicate the alleged evil of "head-hacking" or whatever.

The Syria/Iran/Russia axis propaganda succeeded in turning every group on the ground into "head hackers" or basically ISIS prototype groups in the minds of their readers. Did this reflect truth?

For example I looked carefully into the accusation that Israel were enabling "head hackers" in their efforts to prevent Iran-backed fighters and militants of the Islamic State from taking up positions near their border.

The only group clearly identified in these accusations was Fursan al-Joulan - Wikipedia. I found no indication that this group ever engaged in anything beyond fighting Assad within the frameworks of jus in bello. I presented my findings to the usual howls of derision and shrill accusations.

Syria was/is a nation comprised of around 75% Sunni Muslim. Was it not truly amazing how in all these millions, some 12-15 million souls, there were found only "pro government" souls (even in consideration of the fate of family and friends in Assad's jails), or else they were these abominable "head-hackers", and in fact there were no souls of integrity to be found amongst their fighters whatsoever! (Now no doubt their rebel groups were some way from our own FCA say, but "head-hackers"?)

As I said, the propaganda coup clearly lay anywhere else but in the Western propaganda, whose propaganda was clearly the most dismal, tragic failure. Obama is to blame for this. That's not a personal criticism, he was no doubt the most intelligent, humane president perhaps ever. But he lacked the necessaries of supreme military commander.

So a critical mass bought into the RT/Sputnik/PressTV stuff, and Syria, Iran and Russia were thus able to commit any savagery they liked, with impunity, to achieve their military objectives.

Sure, what else could you do in the face of a bunch of "head-hackers" but give them a taste of their own medicine?

The Western allies may justifiably have a number of criticisms levelled at them, in particular as I touched on, the Obama administration made an absolute hames of every single intervention, humanitarian or otherwise, that they were forced to deal with.

There may well be a type of stability and "peace" to be achieved under the increase of the influence of Russia, Iran and their proxies in the middle east. The fact is though even turning your eyes away from the entrenching of tyranny, and treatment of minorities, any shift in a balance of power inevitably sets off chain reactions of upheavals.

I do think this "exposé" of the OP is a kind of reward, an emboldening of the western faithful who enabled the "victory" of the dictators in Syria. I wonder though will they eventually overestimate the gullibility of their gallery, and try and push it too far. I would get some satisfaction in seeing the dawning realisation in my compatriots, I would try not to lower myself to rubbing it in. They succumbed to actual state level propaganda, in the face of which we are discovering that the frameworks of our own "mainstream" media are far in the second place.

what are your thoughts on Libya? :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom