• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Blog Leaked Docs expose west's propaganda war in Syria

roc_

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
I think this is just the victors rubbing salt in the wounds.

Russia, Iran and Syria won the propaganda war. I think they have some neck putting this in Zero Hedge, a well known Russian plant.

The basic point is that the West decided to intervene for humanitarian, ethical, moral reasons. - There was an undeniable long litany of hideous accounts of human rights abuses done by the likes of Amnesty and others. E.g. Syria hanged 13,000 in Saydnaya prison: Amnesty

Then every Friday, in towns like Damascus, Douma, Homs, Hama, Latakia, Jableh, huge numbers of ordinary Sunni Muslims were coming out on the streets in peaceful protest (in the early months). They were calling for democracy and reforms. Even in Qamishlo, a Kurdish majority town, every Friday the streets were full of largely peaceful protestors.

But in reaction Assad rolled out B-52 tanks, shilkas, and barrel-bombed the residential neighbourhoods of the protestors. These facts are not contested.

Essentially what the Syria/Russia/Iran propaganda succeeded in doing was convincing enough people on the internet that of the 75% Muslim Sunnis in Syria, they must be all either, (a) Kurdish (b) Pro-Government (c) Jihadist sympathisers. I.e. There were no "peaceful protestors" as above. That was the greatest propaganda coup of the war.

(No doubt Assad rolling out such military hardware also helped turn the above propaganda thesis to reality by nurturing the jihadist element in the uprising that took place against him, even turning Syria into a Jihadi magnet. And of course he could not have expected Russia and Iran to come to his aid if he had not succeeded in doing so.)

Anyway, the point I'd like to make is that the ideology of "human rights", liberal conceptions of democracy and humanitarian concerns, anti-totalitarianism, anti-fascism, and so on, overrode considerations of peace and stability. That is basically why the West originally intervened in Syria. Understand that this is the western ideology that drives these interventions, for better or worse.

Against that, basically people were convinced by the Russian propaganda that it was a better choice to have cruel tyrants in power so long as there was stability (and sure maybe they weren't so cruel after all, Assad the family man, etc.).

No doubt there was undeniable error, incompetence, and all the rest, involved in the Western allies intervention, and no doubt every such error was milked for all it was worth by the Russian propaganda. There lay another symbiotic machinery of the unfolding disaster.

Look, the Syria-Iran-Russia axis won the propaganda war. And they thus won the war in Syria. So are they now trying to pretend there was no propaganda war? Of course there is one in every war, particularly in modern times. So it's ridiculous to try and make something of an "exposé " of this.

Or are they trying to convince people that what they promulgated wasn't propaganda, that it was "truth" or something, while everything else was "untruth"? - If so, that is an even more Orwellian, totalitarian development.

Kai

PI Member
Dec 16, 2019
Do you think Western media only make fake false propaganda about Syria ? They are doint it for literally anything. There are billions of people in the World believes Turks killed millions of Armenians.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015
"Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Just the victors gloating"
"Zerohedge is nasty don't read anything you see there by order of Roc!"

Zerohedge didn't write this actually. It was an article for "The Grayzone"( Ben Norton via TheGrayZone.com, )
whose most well known author is a brilliant Jewish man called Max Blumenthal!

Interesting how quickly you dived on this one Roc! :ROFLMAO:

No coincidence of course that Israel are still bombing and killing people in Syria to this day.

Why is that exactly Roc? Perhaps you could explain the continued killing of Syrians by Israel?

Israel also provided air support and succour for head hacking jihadis during the war,
effectively acting as the jihadis air force.

The west and their Saudi proxies funded trained and armed Jihadi mercenaries to destroy Syria.
This is just a fact and beyond reasonable dispute at this stage.

And it's now a proven fact that the western press and propaganda gave these scumbag mercenaries cover for their jihadist head hacking savagery
and their sex slavery of the yahzidi women. This is not just "Russian propaganda" as you would have us believe.
It's actually western propaganda. The NYT. Because even their own journalists couldn't quite stomach much of what they supported in the Syria and Iraq operations!

The fucking white helmets even got an award at the oscars FFS!
Even as videos of their faked propaganda journalism for Jihadists surfaced

Even as we speak these jihadists are being moved around to other hotspots doing more of the west's dirty business for them. That's why exposing this systematic western propaganda operation is still very relevant as it will actually help us to understand future events.

And people will trust their media just a little less next time another "colour revolution" or pipeline war
breaks out after reading this kind of article.

Sham frÓg

PI Member
Aug 25, 2020
The Syrian conflict really marked the final nail in the coffin regarding my trust in the media.
Today, I dont subscribe to mainstream media outlets, nor buy newspapers.
The damage done is irreversible.
Not trying to convert you or anything but I found this clip a great help at understanding what is going on with media/Syria/everything now. (I am not up on international stuff and this helped)

20 mins 48 secs to 28 mins 15 secs of this (the last quote about 'destabilised perception' makes sense )

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015

what a tiny point to focus on. But Blumenthal said 2016.
Before this he was taken in like everyone else by the usual propaganda stories early on no doubt and at that time he wrote what he believed. But after the facts on the ground became clearer to him, like any principled journalist, he followed where they took him.

I love it when I hit the spot and that big blue vein on your forehead pops up and starts throbbing Roc!

I guess poor brave Max must be another of those "self hating Jews"!
Y'Know, the principled ones who dare to stand up against the geopolitical self interest of Israel :ROFLMAO:

Targetted for destruction!

roc_

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
Not trying to convert you or anything but I found this clip a great help at understanding what is going on with media/Syria/everything now...
Well I don't know about anyone else but I was sold after the first two bars of spooky music. No idea what they were shiteing on about though.

Seriously though, Alec Jones is a cynical operator. He has his formula down pat - he plays to the fears of people, justifies their failures, confirms their suspicions, and helps them throw rocks at their enemies. Sold. He makes mega dollars from this formula. And he has of course spawned thousands of hopefuls who imitate him. He makes his audience feel like they have superior and sensationalist insight and knowledge about how our world works. Which mitigate their feelings of inferiority. A brilliant if totally cynical and fucked up salesmanship.

Good illustration though @Sham Óg of yet another meeting of the minds of the far right with the radical left. The right were even well ahead of the radical left to see the potential to make propaganda out of it.

Top Bottom