• Irexit Party

• National Party

• Cant Vote/ Wont Vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Radioactive

Donator
Political Irish
Threads
The latest polls make for very disappointing reading unless you support Fine Gael. An 11 point gap has opened up with huge support for Leo Varadkar and his party.

Fine Gael is now at 33%,
Fianna Fáil on 22%.
Sinn Féin 14%.
Independents 13%,
The Labour party 6%,
Social Democrats 2%.
Green Party 2%.
Solidarity-People Before Profit 2%.
The Independent Alliance 4%,
Renua 1%.

FG open up 11 point gap over FF, opinion poll suggests

For fun I have included a poll for ourselves.

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
I would like to know the support Fine Gael is receiving from the "New Irish".

We saw in the recent Swedish elections that the ruling government received huge support from immigrants, Labour in the UK also enjoys the support of the average migrant. I would hazard a guess Fine Gael does too.

Threads
Well, save for Renua, they are all just one big globo party. (Renua are striking a distinctly unFG Trumpian note)

FG has incumbent advantage meanwhile Martin is trying to turn FF into a Varadkar 2.0 party in an effort to attract Dublin career gals whilst Sinn Fein are busy doin' lord knows what dressed in plastic crocodile outfits.

So I dunno what some of you guys are expectin' from these polls that's ever going to excite you exactly. :watchout:

Threads

The Red C poll is also showing a guaranteed win for Higgins with nobody even edging close.

I believe FG is enjoying popular support but I doubt Higgins will enjoy a margin of that size. If he does it says to me that Irish politics and true democracy are dead here.
and Dublin Council didn't even nominate a candidate to contest the election. when democracy dies then other options come onto the table.

Belgrade

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
Sinn Fein are the kingmaker, either they back Fine Gael or join forces with Fianna Fail.

jmcc

PI Member
Threads
RedC got the Repeal referendum polling badly wrong. It also had that 80% likelihood to vote adjustment prior to the 2016 GE that made a mess of its predictions. This is also the end of Summer poll where there's no Dail activity and the dossers in the Dail are still on their Summer holidays. It is going to upset FF and could even accelerated Martin's departure from the leadership but it is the next few polls that will be more important.

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
What grinds me is that FG have done nothing to justify that lead.

When you look at the housing crisis, hospital crisis its clear these issues are not important to the vast number of people in this country. We have become a selfish nation that only puts ones self first.

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
Middle Ireland sees Higgins as this cuddly old guy with a big smile. "He's done a good job" they'll say.

These other business/celebrity candidates are not disliked but are seen to be a bit too sly for their own good.
We must as a nation have a low expectation for our President, I cant think of one thing he has done other than travel the world at our expense.

Top Bottom