kevin Myers: There's a lack of tolerance to alternative opinions — PC culture has gone too far

Ollivanders

PI Member
Kevin Myers will be taking speaking at the Castlecoote House Lectures with a series of talks he is calling "The Dictatorship of The Timid".

What a very clever term there are other dictatorships and very evident on this site. The dictatorship of accepted wisdom is another one or the dictatorship of the herd. I love Kevin Myers turn of phrase. KM is a polemicist and there is a need for people like him to challenge and explore the views of the herd. People who have one view and are not willing to debate should be challenged and exposed.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
What a very clever term there are other dictatorships and very evident on this site. The dictatorship of accepted wisdom is another one or the dictatorship of the herd. I love Kevin Myers turn of phrase. KM is a polemicist and there is a need for people like him to challenge and explore the views of the herd. People who have one view and are not willing to debate should be challenged and exposed.
You're unlikely to find much sympathy for English Myres on a rather nationalist Site such as this.

jpc

PI Member
Could never understand the malicious delight at the destruction of his career.
But then again must be tough keeping a job down in the world of media these times.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Kevin Myers will be taking speaking at the Castlecoote House Lectures with a series of talks he is calling "The Dictatorship of The Timid".
During the Troubles he was screaming for censorship. Also the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism have targeted a whole host of people both Christian (including Anglican Ministers), Muslim and Jewish. They have targeted both people on the PC Left and the Nationalist Right. Indigenous people and people from immigrant backgrounds. I have sympathized with all it's victims from Jez Turner on the Right to Jackie Walker on the Left- however I did not have much sympathy for Myers. Also I would not lump them in with the PC Left-Liberals who I admit are a problem. Rabbi Jonathan Sacks for instance who strongly supports the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism has attack PC Left-Liberalism several times. Look at Melanie Philips also for instance- no one would call her a PC Left Liberal. He is dodging the issue which is admittedly a difficult one to take on especially in a balanced and intelligent manner (in a way that say Professor Kevin Barret has proven himself capable of doing though I am not at all sure that Professor Kevin Mac Donald has).

Rommel

PI Member
And our unelected T-Shock cock sucker Indian princess spinner is flying in thousands of muslims ?

But Hey ! ,,

facts are not news anymore,, they are simply not PC enough ??
He is over in America insulting the second most powerful man in America by bringing his deviant boyfriend to dinner with the second family. Would he try that stunt in an Arab land ?

Tom

Eirú Sean Gael
PI Member
You're unlikely to find much sympathy for English Myres on a rather nationalist Site such as this.
May be that as it is. He was pounced upon by the luvvies and left or right of the aisle there's a freedom of speech issue to babble on about your opinions. If we were smart the right can use the lefts own rules to punch holes in their arguments.

Top Bottom