• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods has abandoned Irish Nationalism

OP
Macushla

Macushla

PI Member
Someone tweet this thread at him

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Indeed, there is a good sprinkling of autistic spergism about Keith's untenable and Ivory tower view of a Pan European Utopianism that no one ever wanted except a couple of vegan meglo-maniacs and a handful of intellectual degenerates

Still waiting for his definition of truth also. It seems pivotal to his world view, but he hasn't told us what it is.

Quid es veritas keith?

This post demonstrates a severe lack of sanity.

A Voice

PI Member
I listened to about 10 mins of his vid on Bloomberg and couldn't take any more. He's educated and smart but he needs to do something about his voice. Reciting the death notices on community radio is what it sounded like. If you want to engage people you need to vary your delivery. Second, his backing of Bloomberg was a bit 4-D chessy, what with him despising Bb but seeing his presidency as the best way to bring down the system he represents. Or something. Yeah right.

Oliver Plunkett

PI Member
It’s also mixed with another related problem of excessive foreign influence and obsessions; talking about how terrible Hillary Clinton is, believing QAnon, over-praise for Donald Trump, quite readily following international ‘right-wing’ figures such as Tommy Robinson, Nick Griffin, Richard Spencer, Alex Jones, etc.
So,lets be clear, Keith is upset with Irish people looking to foreigners fighting the NWO as inspiration, while simultaneously promoting a Pan European Utopia advocated for by foreign intellectuals?

Okey Dokey

OP
Macushla

Macushla

PI Member
You seem to have something personal against this young lad.
No, not at all.

My reasoning on why he should read it is because there are more cogent and more useful critiques of his new departure on this thread than there are on twitter. In fact some people are being a bit insulting and accusatory towards him on twitter. I'd rather he would read some of the criticisms made here and reflect on them than go on the defensive on twitter.

I think that's reasonable, is it not?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
No, not at all.

My reasoning on why he should read it is because there are more cogent and more useful critiques of his new departure on this thread than there are on twitter. In fact some people are being a bit insulting and accusatory towards him on twitter. I'd rather he would read some of the criticisms made here and reflect on them than go on the defensive on twitter.

I think that's reasonable, is it not?

A lot of his twitter followers are thick-as-shit Neo-Nazis, who just want him to attack blacks and Muslims. That's one of the ill effects of being any sort of internet personality. But, I think you are putting the boot in too much. European Identity is just nonsense - and young Keith will find that out in his own time.

SwordOfStCatherine

Yes, he's been reading Thiriart. Probably Mosley too. Not that I shirk reading these people, I am not a complete insular nationalist who shuns anyone for having broader ideas about geopolitics and international solidarity, that is a totally legitimate thing and it's not at all incompatible with Irish Nationalism - "Our gallant allies in Europe" remember! But the problem with Woods and a lot of people who drift in his direction is that he is not rooted in a native Irish nationalism. This is why I referred to him as being like a young undergraduate reading new ideas for the first time and latching onto them as "my beliefs". He isn't grounded in a healthy nationalism and rooted worldview which comes from both book knowledge/learning and lived experience and wisdom. The latter will come with age and experience.
I and two friends used to joke that you could tell that people had begun reading Evola because suddenly they would start talking in certain ways.

Having been through the contradictions of attempting to be a "British Nationalist" going through the hassle of the contradictions entailed in being a "European Nationalist" ala Thiriat is not something that I plan on putting myself through. I do though think there may well be something in taking a Pan-Celtic Nationalist approach but that it is something a lot more I think organic than either British or European Nationalism. I agree with you that he was rooted in Irish Nationalism the way that you or Tadgh are, I think from the start his Nationalism was not fundamentally Nationalism as such but rather anti-Liberalism which is not to say that I think he was an out and out rootless cosmopolitan or that he will ever become one of the anti-Gaelic Gaels such as Colm O'Gorman. So I actually do not think much has changed. I do think that there is a lot of value in "Revolutionary Conservative" and Third Positionist anti-Liberal thought.

Top Bottom