Keith Woods has abandoned Irish Nationalism

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
Keith has the airs of an intelligent yet still underdeveloped undergraduate student.
This is it exactly I believe. He's still ensconced in academia or at least that mode of thinking, which can often be somewhat divorced from reality, or certainly the reality of peoples lives.

I wonder also if he's one of these types who are addicted to ideologies or 'isms' on an intellectual level. These people tend to engage in a perpetual search for the 'one true faith' and abandon ideologies as soon as they don't live up to their expectations in the real world setting, and most don't live up to that expectation. People like that also often change ideologies like they change their clothes and can end up at different points in their lives identifying with almost every different strand of the political spectrum.

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Not to pscyhoanalyse him too much, but I reckon it comes from an insecurity about being Irish. Particularly given the fact he pals around with these WASPs like Richard Spencer and Ed Dutton. I know for a fact Spencer has derided the Irish and considers us essentially subhuman. I would not countenance a respectful conversation with such a man. Keith tries to 'prove' to Spencer that the Irish are 'equal' to other whites. That is not my idea of national self-assertion. Now he's taken the soup and is essentially concurring that the Irish are sub par as a race and that Irish Nationalism is second-rate to German or English Nationalism. Hence he has to latch onto "European Identity" to make up for his own insecurity about Ireland's inherent worthiness as a nation.
Yeah, you are probably correct. I had put it down to being a Big Young Fish but maybe it is bog standard Bogman insecurity

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Not to pscyhoanalyse him too much, but I reckon it comes from an insecurity about being Irish. Particularly given the fact he pals around with these WASPs like Richard Spencer and Ed Dutton. I know for a fact Spencer has derided the Irish and considers us essentially subhuman. I would not countenance a respectful conversation with such a man. Keith tries to 'prove' to Spencer that the Irish are 'equal' to other whites. That is not my idea of national self-assertion. Now he's taken the soup and is essentially concurring that the Irish are sub par as a race and that Irish Nationalism is second-rate to German Nationalism or British Imperialism. Hence he has to latch onto "European Identity" to make up for his own insecurity about Ireland's inherent worthiness as a nation.

I think you're reading too much into it. Woods is an intelligent young man who lives in a society that hates intellect. Of course, he's going to look around for people he can talk to - and he's most likely to find them on the internet. The idea of a European Identity has been attractive to heavyweight thinkers like Evola for decades. You can't blame Woods for coming under its spell, when nothing really else is happening. He'll grow out of it.

SwordOfStCatherine

Not to pscyhoanalyse him too much, but I reckon it comes from an insecurity about being Irish. Particularly given the fact he pals around with these WASPs like Richard Spencer and Ed Dutton. I know for a fact Spencer has derided the Irish and considers us essentially subhuman. I would not countenance a respectful conversation with such a man. Keith tries to 'prove' to Spencer that the Irish are 'equal' to other whites. That is not my idea of national self-assertion. Now he's taken the soup and is essentially concurring that the Irish are sub par as a race and that Irish Nationalism is second-rate to German Nationalism or British Imperialism. Hence he has to latch onto "European Identity" to make up for his own insecurity about Ireland's inherent worthiness as a nation.
I think it is very likely that he has been reading Jean Thiriart and Mosley during his whole "Europe a Nation" period.

OP
Macushla

Macushla

PI Member
Does the NP run any Irish language classes?
You know the NP does run Irish language classes. Sure you were praising the NP before in another thread for running Irish language classes.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Irish nationalism has most certainly been damaged by EU federalism .
The EU,s covert policy approach has been to attack as much as possible all nationalistic political trends .
This is proven by the constant linking of the term “ right wing” with any strongly nationalist movement.

The EUs intellectual federalist are no doubt influenced by the nationalist movement of Hitlers Germany that had such terrible outcomes.
Ireland was never a part of the rise in pre WW 2 European fascism yet these EU morons and their idiot spokespersons in Ireland foam at the mouth as though we were.

This clype Keith Woods, who I have thankfully never heard of until now, sounds very like another one of these EU victims.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
This is it exactly I believe. He's still ensconced in academia or at least that mode of thinking, which can often be somewhat divorced from reality, or certainly the reality of peoples lives.

I wonder also if he's one of these types who are addicted to ideologies or 'isms' on an intellectual level. These people tend to engage in a perpetual search for the 'one true faith' and abandon ideologies as soon as they don't live up to their expectations in the real world setting, and most don't live up to that expectation. People like that also often change ideologies like they change their clothes and can end up at different points in their lives identifying with almost every different strand of the political spectrum.

The thing is that anyone born and reared in this society will be programmed as a Liberal by the time they've seen their first Disney movie. Transcending that sewer is always going to be a long and arduous journey, with many pitfalls and cul-de-sacs. Woods has decided to record and broadcast his journey. Not sure if that's wise, but he's doing it anyway.

OP
Macushla

Macushla

PI Member
I think it is very likely that he has been reading Jean Thiriart and Mosley during his whole "Europe a Nation" period.
Yes, he's been reading Thiriart. Probably Mosley too. Not that I shirk reading these people, I am not a complete insular nationalist who shuns anyone for having broader ideas about geopolitics and international solidarity, that is a totally legitimate thing and it's not at all incompatible with Irish Nationalism - "Our gallant allies in Europe" remember! But the problem with Woods and a lot of people who drift in his direction is that he is not rooted in a native Irish nationalism. This is why I referred to him as being like a young undergraduate reading new ideas for the first time and latching onto them as "my beliefs". He isn't grounded in a healthy nationalism and rooted worldview which comes from both book knowledge/learning and lived experience and wisdom. The latter will come with age and experience.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Yes, he's been reading Thiriart. Probably Mosley too. Not that I shirk reading these people, I am not a complete insular nationalist who shuns anyone for having broader ideas about geopolitics and international solidarity, that is a totally legitimate thing and it's not at all incompatible with Irish Nationalism - "Our gallant allies in Europe" remember! But the problem with Woods and a lot of people who drift in his direction is that he is not rooted in a native Irish nationalism. This is why I referred to him as being like a young undergraduate reading new ideas for the first time and latching onto them as "my beliefs". He isn't grounded in a healthy nationalism and rooted worldview which comes from both book knowledge/learning and lived experience and wisdom. The latter will come with age and experience.

Being born into a Republican family and getting a few visits from the Special Branch is the best grounding for an Irish Nationalist, but that's getting rarer as time goes by. Young lads are getting their ideas from the internet rather than from the traditions of their family and community.

Oliver Plunkett

PI Member
This has been coming down the tracks for a while.
It's very disappointing he has followed through with this. The notion that Irish Nationalism is a mess so therefore lets count on a Pan Europeanism to save us is just nonsense
Cop on Keith - Your youth may be gone but you're still a young man
Indeed, there is a good sprinkling of autistic spergism about Keith's untenable and Ivory tower view of a Pan European Utopianism that no one ever wanted except a couple of vegan meglo-maniacs and a handful of intellectual degenerates

Still waiting for his definition of truth also. It seems pivotal to his world view, but he hasn't told us what it is.

Quid es veritas keith?

Oliver Plunkett

PI Member
The position Keith takes in this first tweet has truth to it but his conclusion that there is ‘no nationalist movement’ in Ireland is an incredibly broad brushstroke to take.

I think what he means is that no one wants to adopt a post Nationalist nebulous European Utopianism that ordinary people will never accept, so I'm taking my ball home. Next stop Tel Aviv with CIA Spencer!
Keith's position is a fairy tale that rejects lived historical experience and innate and unbending national Identitarianism

Top Bottom