Katherine Zappone and witchcraft

Threads
There are some claims that Katherine Zappone has, in the past, participated in feminist "Goddess Worship" rituals. I suppose Christians would consider "Goddess Worship" as witchcraft
I have participated in ...rituals facilitated by Starhawk [a world-famous witch]...where we celebrated the presence of earth, fire, air, and water in our own lives." – Katherine Zappone
Abortion as a sacrifice to Artemis. Abortion as a sacrament – for the gift of life to remain pure."
http://childinthewomb.com/index_htm_files/Text of Leaflet on Abortion and The Old Religion.pdf

Belgrade

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
MOD NOTICE

Going forward in this thread I think all posters should be reminded not to slander or make libellous comments against Minister Zappone. I will allow the discussion of the link, however, please be careful in what you say to avoid any possible legal difficulties.

Any threads off topic or any poster that ignores my post will receive an immediate thread ban and the post deleted.

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
Interesting thread, I did a quick google and a lot of stuff comes up.

I found this link of interest.

Dr Zappone We have no particular comment on the information given below about Dr Zappone. It is purely factual. We merely invite readers to decide for themselves whether it has any relevance to the matters already discussed. We would note, however, that much of it will be new to the vast majority of Irish citizens of voting age. Dr Katherine Zappone, Minister for Children & Youth Affairs 20 Dr Zappone, who was born in Washington State in 1953 and received her doctorate from Boston College, became an Irish citizen in 1995. She lectured in Practical Theology for some years at Trinity College, Dublin, and for a time was chief executive of the National Women's Council of Ireland. While in the Seanad she played an active role in promoting the Gender Recognition Bill and was a very prominent campaigner in favor of same-sex marriage. Both gender-recognition and same-sex marriage became law in Ireland in 2015. Dr Zappone being interviewed outside Government Buildings, October 2018. In 1991, Dr Zappone published a book on feminist spirituality called The Hope of Wholeness: A Spirituality for Feminists (Twenty-Third Publications, Connecticut). In it she quoted extensively and with much approval from works by feminist authors who believe strongly in the Goddess principle, notably Miriam Simos (Starhawk). She also strongly endorsed the work of Mary Daly. In her preface she says, "Mary Daly's sensitivity, generosity, and amazing breadth and depth of vision provided a wellspring for this book." Dr Zappone uses the word "thealogy" instead of theology throughout the book to show that her focus is on the Goddess. The entire book is devoted to extolling the Goddess, including images of deity and spirituality based on traditional witchcraft:

be critiqued or deconstructed if women are to discover social freedom and live a relationship with the deity that supports their own process of selfbecoming." (p.17) "This enables them to critique the suppression of female imagery of God authoritatively, and to challenge the superiority of the male within sacred history." (p.21) 21 "Feminist thealogians also believe in the value of dialogue between present feminist consciousness and religious tradition. The ancient traditions of witchcraft and Goddess worship provide rich sources for their thealogical reflections." (p.21) "Every form of feminist spirituality that we are considering rejects a dualistic paradigm of reality...Starhawk describes it as a consciousness of immanence: "the awareness of the world and everything in it as alive, dynamic, interdependent, interacting, and infused with moving energies: a living being, a weaving dance."" (p.25) "They [feminists] all insist that the "Father God," the almighty one, absolutely other, and transcendentally supreme male must be rejected if models of hierarchical and dominating relations are to be eradicated in the world." (p.26) "As Dorothy Söelle astutely remarks: "Our own power is destroyed when God is imagined as the mighty or even omnipotent Father."" (p.30) [Söelle was a German Marxist theologian who coined the term Christofascism.] "[Mary] Daly believes that this new language [of sacred symbols] will encourage women to think beyond patriarchal space and time, and act toward re-membering their broken selves and enabling the harmonious balance of earth, air, fire, and water." [Editor: Regarding this latter idea, Starhawk describes an exercise conducted by a coven of witches: "The "Guardians of the Watchtowers" are energy forms, the raiths or spirits of the four elements. They bring the elemental energy of earth, air, fire, and water into the circle, to augment our human power. The vortex of power created when we invoke the four directions guards the circle from intrusions, and draws in the higher powers of the Goddess and God." – The Spiral Dance] "I have participated in Christian feminist rituals, rituals facilitated by Starhawk, and rituals with Mary Daly where we celebrated the presence of earth, fire, air, and water in our own lives. I have guided and been guided by imaginative meditations that heal others and myself. These, and many other personal experiences convince me of the need for both the radical transformation and the creative replacement of patriarchal sacred symbols." (p.33) "They [feminist thealogians] draw on the work of anthropologists, archeologists, and historians who are establishing evidence of cultures where women and men were valued equally, there was little trace of war activity, and the Goddess (in various forms) was worshiped as supreme." (p.36) 22 "Like other thealogians, Starhawk weaves together stories of the Goddess with her own experience of struggling for the world's freedom and wholeness. She gathers the sacred records of Wicca religion and interprets their meaning through the contemporary experience of feminist ritual and political activity for peace." (p.37) "Like the thealogians, Daly chooses not to remember biblical stories as a source for feminist spirituality. She judges that these memories can only "destroy women's ancestral Memory," paralyze women's imaginations, and bind them to activity that breaks them apart." (p.38) "...in journeying with other feminists, I have found that the sacred stories of Goddess religions affect my imagination in ways the Jesus story never will. Narratives of the Goddess, hymns to and images of her unequivocally symbolize the power and goodness of the female." (p.39) "Most authors speak of an original and sustaining energy distinguishable yet essentially connected with humanity and all of creation. This has different names: Mother-Earth, Goddess, the "life force of the universe," the One. Women assert that such energy is immanent in life and that their experienced union with it enables them to act wisely for themselves and the rest of the universe." (p.41) "...I am convinced that it is extremely urgent for women with social power to declare the sacredness of woman's body." (p.62) "Feminist thealogy declares that we are the living body of the sacred; the Goddess is within. Mary Daly writes of the divine spark in each woman's Self." (p.84) "Mary Daly, Starhawk, Carol Christ, and the women they represent would argue that the regressive elements of the symbol "God" have been so destructive in their own lives and society that its progressive elements are bankrupt." (p.98) "No transcendent "God" has the power to stop the cycle of destruction that human beings have set in place. In Starhawk's view, this notion of a "savior God" must be replaced with a sense of the Sacred that impels us to take our own responsibility for healing the earth. The Sacred is here, waiting for us to work with her in the project of re-creation. Furthermore, the Sacred is best represented as female." (p.143)
http://www.zephaniah.eu/index_htm_files/The Goddess Abortion and the Irish Government.pdf

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
Ive looked for the book online and Amazon and Google seem to be selling it, however, I cant verify if the Author is the same Katherine Zappone nor can I find any reviews anywhere on the book.

It was published in 91 so quite old now.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Promoting child murder and the rejection of sexual reproduction would be the opposite of Goddess Worship, I'd say. But black magic might be another matter. It seems human sacrifice might be part of these rites.

Last edited:

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
More Bitchcraft than Witchcraft I think! :smiley:

I'm somewhat ambivalent about Zappone.

I certainly don't like the idea of having yanks embedded deep in our political system.

Mind you it's hard to get worse than our own!!

Threads
More Bitchcraft than Witchcraft I think! :smiley:

I'm somewhat ambivalent about Zappone.

I certainly don't like the idea of having yanks embedded deep in our political system.

Mind you it's hard to get worse than our own!!

You're not too fond of 'Zionists' running the show, either!!!

:rofl:

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
You're not too fond of 'Zionists' running the show, either!!!

:rofl:

No I'm not fond of fundamentalists of any kind having access to any of the levers of power.
Such people are dangerous. As are their lowly minions spreading discord and lies! :p

Daigoro

PI Member
Threads
MOD NOTICE

Going forward in this thread I think all posters should be reminded not to slander or make libellous comments against Minister Zappone. I will allow the discussion of the link, however, please be careful in what you say to avoid any possible legal difficulties.

Any threads off topic or any poster that ignores my post will receive an immediate thread ban and the post deleted.
Well said,time to put a finger in the dyke to keep this thread under control!

Top Bottom