Justin Barrett launches the Abortion Never campaign with a truly outstanding speech

Barrett is loud, proud and unapologetic. That's what you see there.

It's disorientating in some senses because modern Irish are thought to have a deferential attitude, an undue respect for duh regime and thinkin' duhbating the matter on "Claire Byrne" is somehow meaningful. Even now, pro-lifers have no idea just how hostile the regime is to them and this country..

Barrett knows doin' the shrinking violet act in some RTE studio won't get us out of this mess. He wants to run after the regime with a verbal blow torch.

By the standards of this shrinking violet, "ah, shure, it'll do" culture, Pearse was a big head, a very big head indeed. I think we need to put aside that deferential, shrinking violet culture though and channel a bit more of Pearse's soaring confidence -- as Barrett does in that video.

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
Barrett is loud, proud and unapologetic. That's what you see there.

It's disorientating in some senses because modern Irish are thought to have a deferential attitude, an undue respect for duh regime and thinkin' duhbating the matter on "Claire Byrne" is somehow meaningful. Even now, pro-lifers have no idea just how hostile the regime is to them and this country..

Barrett knows doin' the shrinking violet act in some RTE studio won't get us out of this mess. He wants to run after the regime with a verbal blow torch.

By the standards of this shrinking violet, "ah, shure, it'll do" culture, Pearse was a big head, a very big head indeed. I think we need to put aside that deferential, shrinking violet culture though and channel a bit more of Pearse's soaring confidence -- as Barrett does in that video.
i like what ur saying - and agree with you - but this is abortion vote one off thing not armed insurrection and i just think he saw an opportunity to promote himself and his party rather than acknowledge EXCELLENT work being done by others.

i like what ur saying - and agree with you - but this is abortion vote one off thing not armed insurrection and i just think he saw an opportunity to promote himself and his party rather than acknowledge EXCELLENT work being done by others.
It is an insurrection in a very real way. Don't think that isn't so. OK, there's no batons, bullets or bombs. But this is warfare by other means and they have our very children in their targets. The stakes couldn't be higher.

So Barrett going drill sergeant on the centrists ain't no bad thing. We can swap compliments when our pro-life ethos is in the bag for evermore.

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
if the 'centrists' all used justins tactics i think it wud be bye bye 8th. let him off anyway - hes a better man than me, dont get me wrong - i just think hed be an impossible person to work with.

A contingent of Abortion Never evidently visible at the March For Life. Welcoming to see this. "Remember when we used to win?" - A catchy headline for sure. Back of the leaflet presents Barrett almost as a veteran pro-life hero returning in Ireland's hour of need - but I won't scoff at it... because maybe it's true? I wouldn't want to belittle the good work of the campaign.

Also, important to note that in politics you need to present yourself as being able to WIN - if this leaflet just said "well you know I'll try my best" it wouldn't have much affect. Barrett is putting all his chips into this. But I see no better cause to wage all your effort on, because if this goes we all go. He has spent his career battling abortion. This referendum is crucial. A loss would be a major defeat for not just the Irish nation but for humanity. Life or Death!

I wish every success to Abortion Never and all over pro-life groups in their struggle. We're well and truly in the belly of the beast now!

Last edited:

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
im not trying to be a dick, but here u go - very wrapped up in himself, loves the sound of his own voice, nobody is doing the campaign the way it shud be done (except him), very loud speaking voice, actually screaming at times. he also reckons one life is too many, but hes up for hanging. as for the 'Abortion Never' slogan, did ian paisley come up with that? personally, i think its the crappest slogan any pro life group cud hav come up with. this lad is VERY egotistical, and for once in his life, for the most important vote our generation will ever cast, he should be willing to be a bit more humble, rub shoulders with other pro life people, and stop comparing himself to michael collins. also, no-one ive met in pro life reckons we're gonna lose, are a bit worried yes, but not defeatist like he claims. he actually said he won two referendums, ud swear he won them on his own. getting fed up listening to him and im not even haf way through. there isnt unity on all pro life sides as he claims, but for this one they are being more united for fucking obvious reasons. just heard - "iam the only person in the world who won" - Jesus hes getting worse. as i said its all about him and his party. he does make points, he is right about euthanasia, fair play i give him that. the points hes making about debate are only valid if we lived in a country that didnt have a warped msm (there are none!) so we cant have things the way we want them on the telly. sorry, but there u go. i wish him luck though, and he gave a good ending, but hes too into promoting his party on this mega important vote. and im not one on trying to appeal to middle voters, ive a bit of fire in me, but this lad is too infernal.
Agreed.

A contingent of Abortion Never evidently visible at the March For Life. Welcoming to see this. "Remember when we used to win?" - A catchy headline for sure. Back of the leaflet presents Barrett almost as a veteran pro-life hero returning in Ireland's hour of need - but I won't scoff at it... because maybe it's true? I wouldn't want to belittle the good work of the campaign.

Also, important to note that in politics you need to present yourself as being able to WIN - if this leaflet just said "well you know I'll try my best" it wouldn't have much affect. Barrett is putting all his chips into this. But I see no better cause to wage all your effort on, because if this goes we all go. He has spent his career battling abortion. This referendum is crucial. A loss would be a major defeat for not just the Irish nation but for humanity. Life or Death!

I wish every success to Abortion Never and all over pro-life groups in their struggle. We're well and truly in the belly of the beast now!

I didn't actually see the NP delegation. But I did see plenty of people holding leaflets featuring Barrett.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
As we've spoken about this discussion before, allowing abortion allows grey areas. Fellow millennials don't understand responsibility as the youth of older generations did, they don't view this as a traumatising procedure, they see it as a way to eliminate a problem, a way of ending an unwanted product of unvirtuous and may I even say un-Irish ways. They see it as liberation, as a young woman I see female liberation as keeping your modesty and integrity, sleeping around is just a cocktail for psychological issues, health issues, need I go on. I am a proud member of the National Party as they are the sole party that cares more about maintaining their values as opposed to selling out for higher possibility of winning votes. Every other party that was once originally nationalist and traditionalist has completely done a 180 to obtain votes. I respect a loser with true values as opposed to a winner who betrayed the original founders of their party.
I too am a member. I would like to know how many members there are. They should charge a token fee like 10 or 20 euro to be a member as well.

I too am a member. I would like to know how many members there are. They should charge a token fee like 10 or 20 euro to be a member as well.
He said he has twice the number of the SWP a number of months ago IIRC. It was in one of his videos. I think that might be around 400/500. He could be touchin' a thou now.

Top Bottom