• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Political Irish Justin Barrett - "Just when you think things couldn't get any worse..."

blue velvet

Justin was right. Stagg was tolerated in the Dail for years after the Phoenix Park incident ( which was 1991/1992 I think ). The political and media establishment kept schtum about the whole thing.

Mind you, the voters in Kildare kept putting him back in, despite this sick incident.

A UK MP would have had to resign. Not in Ireland. No accountaility.

bells of shandon

PI Member
The speech by Justin Barrett was correct in its entirety. The descent into degeneracy should have been throttled at birth, but the Irish Media failed in its duty to report sufficiently. Nothing new there for the Regime controlled Media.
The optics of the speech are awful and sinister, the black backdrop, the suit similar to a Fascist colour unifom and the hairstyle.
Whoever edited and published this clip needs shooting.
It damages the NP brand and distracts from the message, unless it has been deliberately altered by other forces.

BrightFuture

PI Member
Justin was right. Stagg was tolerated in the Dail for years after the Phoenix Park incident ( which was 1991/1992 I think ). The political and media establishment kept schtum about the whole thing.

Mind you, the voters in Kildare kept putting him back in, despite this sick incident.

A UK MP would have had to resign. Not in Ireland. No accountaility.
You don't just get questioned by the guards for loitering in a park as the papers recorded. People are loitering in the phoenix park everyday.

He would have been 50 at time.

blue velvet

You don't just get questioned by the guards for loitering in a park as the papers recorded. People are loitering in the phoenix park everyday.

He would have been 50 at time.
My recollection is that he was reported to have had a young friend in the car.

He had almost 30 years in the Dail after that... unbelievable.

But any objections would have been quieted by the media as intolerant bigotry.

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member

I wonder would a Hetro-Sexual man with a Female Prostitute have got such “ An Easy Ride "

Reactions: bAd

blue velvet

Is this believable on any level? Public were more angry at the guard who leaked the story ?

Public anger focused on the conduct of the police officer who leaked details of the case involving Emmet Stagg, the junior environment minister, to the press when it was clear no crime was committed. Pat Cox, the deputy leader of the Progressive Democrats, called on police authorities to find out who was responsible.

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
Is this believable on any level? Public were more angry at the guard who leaked the story ?

That's the way it has always been in Ireland, from the political class to the man on the street. Never confront the issues, ignore them, brush them under the carpet and then viciously attack anyone who brings our shame to light.

blue velvet

That's the way it has always been in Ireland, from the political class to the man on the street. Never confront the issues, ignore them, brush them under the carpet and then viciously attack anyone who brings our shame to light.
I suspect truth behind that column is 'political elite and media outraged that guard leaked the details to the plebs'.

BrightFuture

PI Member

The Irish times have an archival site but its paid for. Would be lovely to get a clip from it.

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
The speech by Justin Barrett was correct in its entirety. The descent into degeneracy should have been throttled at birth, but the Irish Media failed in its duty to report sufficiently. Nothing new there for the Regime controlled Media.
The optics of the speech are awful and sinister, the black backdrop, the suit similar to a Fascist colour unifom and the hairstyle.
Whoever edited and published this clip needs shooting.
It damages the NP brand and distracts from the message, unless it has been deliberately altered by other forces.
It does look a bit Fashy alright.

Top Bottom