Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Just Give Up

OP
Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei
What makes you think I didn't have a look? In a different life I was a printer and saw so much tripe that passes for fact and fiction that I do not need to read books to make an assessment...

How do you determine my gender as Mr Goose? Do you know me?
Which novelist would you rec, then?

sighthound

PI Member
ok goosey goosey cool down it doesnt matter to me what sex you are just treat prople here with some respect after all they are the few people in ireland who actually watch whats going on. We are a small crew of patriots so its irelevent to me whether you have a mickey or a muffy OK ..

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
ok goosey goosey cool down it doesnt matter to me what sex you are just treat prople here with some respect after all they are the few people in ireland who actually watch whats going on. We are a small crew of patriots so its irelevent to me whether you have a mickey or a muffy OK ..
i think its a muffy...

Greengoose

PI Member
The pure irony!

Greengoose

PI Member
He doesn't really have a cultural vision, though, on any profound level. You just seem like a half-baked skeptic, narcissistically railing against the spiritual. Reading Victorian Kitsch will not save the world, only spirituality can do that.
Thank you for your opinion.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
He doesn't really have a cultural vision, though, on any profound level. You just seem like a half-baked skeptic, narcissistically railing against the spiritual. Reading Victorian Kitsch will not save the world, only spirituality can do that.
Have you read Tolstoy? Yes I know he came out with this ultra-faggy Quakerish sentimental pseudo-philosophy however this novellas, short stories and novels are extremely far removed from all that nonsense and succeed in showing life in a unblinking harsh light.

OP
Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei
Have you read Tolstoy? Yes I know he came out with this ultra-faggy Quakerish sentimental pseudo-philosophy however this novellas, short stories and novels are extremely far removed from all that nonsense and succeed in showing life in a unblinking harsh light.
The best novel I ever read was going in the direction of Gothic Kitsch... Potocki's Saragossa... I have no problem with it being insufficiently philosophic... I don't value Sophia all that much... what we need to bring back is a sense of the merely ornamental... belief in daemon... rustic Geometry... shamanic ecstasies... Mere contemplation of the sublime... the problem is not economic, it is aesthetic... magic... what makes a novel good or bad, is the same which makes it right or wrong... or at least suggests something by way of compensation... That which is ecstatic is true, and let no other lies replace this mantra...

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
The best novel I ever read was going in the direction of Gothic Kitsch... Potocki's Saragossa... I have no problem with it being insufficiently philosophic... I don't value Sophia all that much... what we need to bring back is a sense of the merely ornamental... belief in daemon... rustic Geometry... shamanic ecstasies... Mere contemplation of the sublime... the problem is not economic, it is aesthetic... magic... what makes a novel good or bad, is the same which makes it right or wrong... or at least suggests something by way of compensation... That which is ecstatic is true, and let no other lies replace this mantra...
Have you read Melmoth the Wanderer? It was written by an Irish lad and hugely admired by Baudelaire. If you enjoyed "The Manuscript found in Saragossa" I am sure you would adore it.

sighthound

PI Member
going a bit off the thread which was Just Give Up - a statement of absolute frustration.........

Top Bottom