Johnny Cash with Family and Friends - Christmas Show 1977

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
Premium
A Christmas treat with Roy Clark, Roy Orbison and Jerry Lee Louis.

Were you up last night like me looking at that on Sky Arts?

Great to see the Orb. I saw the Hologram show last April it was fantastic. Eerie but jaw dropping.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Were you up last night like me looking at that on Sky Arts?

Great to see the Orb. I saw the Hologram show last April it was fantastic. Eerie but jaw dropping.

No, I just saw this on You Tube today by accident. What was the Hologram show?

Nicenin

Donator
PI Member
Premium
No, I just saw this on You Tube today by accident. What was the Hologram show?
Sky Arts had both this 1977 and the 1978 special on Saturday night. They might re-run them.

"Roy Orbison: In Dreams - The Hologram Tour" is a production of a US company called Base Hologram and it was at the 3Arena in April. It was a hologram of Roy with a live band and orchestra. A very big show all round.

It was amazing - futuristic in how I imagined the future would be when I was small, as opposed to what it is. It's like as if his spirit is there with you.

Same company have also produced a show with a Maria Callas hologram and are currently working on an Amy Winehouse.

Well worth going if they come here.

Roy Orbison

page61

PI Member
Carl Perkins as well , a very underrated guitar player. There are some great guests on the show. Linda Ronstadt was fantastic,and Ike everly with don and Phil is quite rare.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sky Arts had both this 1977 and the 1978 special on Saturday night. They might re-run them.

"Roy Orbison: In Dreams - The Hologram Tour" is a production of a US company called Base Hologram and it was at the 3Arena in April. It was a hologram of Roy with a live band and orchestra. A very big show all round.

It was amazing - futuristic in how I imagined the future would be when I was small, as opposed to what it is. It's like as if his spirit is there with you.

Same company have also produced a show with a Maria Callas hologram and are currently working on an Amy Winehouse.

Well worth going if they come here.

Roy Orbison

Yes, "the future" generally turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. All they offer us is poxy self driving cars - when we thought we'd be traveling to outer space.

Top Bottom