John Delaney gave his employer a loan of 100,000 euros .

Florence

PI Member
Bertie the Bookkeeper was also having marital problems like Delaney and like him, there were protracted negotiations re family finances.

Bertie dealt with the issue by having no bank account and keeping his money under the bed or similar place - Delaney dealt with the same problem differently - he kept his money in the FAI bank account and put some in companies with which he was connected.

Delaney's divorce was finalised Jan 2019. Would like to see a Sunday Times interview with the former Mrs Delaney.

Bad dog

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Who really cares? Irish soccer is shite. Media are all over this and Delaney like they should be all over the government and ministers but never are. Not biting the hand thst feeds them it seems.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
What about the kicking of balls?

Is that not what lies at the basis of this funny discussion?

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
A total boycott of matches to cut the umbilical cord of cash for Delaney and the other wasters is the only solution going by the two fingers they have given today.
I wonder how much they make from attendances. The only time I've seen Lansdowne Rd full in the last few years was when we played Poland in a friendly after the Euros- and it wasn't full of Irish. It was also the loudest it's been in years too, it was basically an away match for us. I remember turning it actually.

Florence

PI Member
I am wondering what package Delaney will get for leaving the FAI.

he was 3 weeks in the new job of Executive Vice President - whats an appropriate payoff for leaving after 3 weeks service?t

From the Sunday Times article yesterday for just for 6 months in 2016 he OWED the FAI thousands for using the FAI credit card for personal expenses. What would a review of his FAI credit card over the years of his employment reveal? And what were the auditors (Deloitte) doing if this largesse with the FAI card was going on?

I reckon Delaney owes the FAI a lot of money.......

George Dillon

PI Member
Who really cares? Irish soccer is shite. Media are all over this and Delaney like they should be all over the government and ministers but never are. Not biting the hand thst feeds them it seems.

Delaney is a central factor in the poor condition of Irish soccer.

And it is possible to condemn Delaney as well as condemning Veradker etc.

Actually not difficult at all.

Florence

PI Member
Breaking news that FAI auditors Deloitte filed form H4 on april 15 saying FAI in breach of s.281, 282 of Companies Act which relates to keeping proper accounting records. This means directors could be personally liable for missing money etc.

Now does this mean trouble for the auditors too? delaney has been there for years so has this accounting records issue only just arisen? The last accounts were to Dec 2017 and signed off summer 2018. How is it the auditors only acting yesterday when its all over the media? I suspect they NEVER looked at Delaney's credit card bills and other expenses.

Anglophile

PI Member
The culchies still love Delaney.

Meanwhile, the gangster's arranging his golden handshake - after which
even more 'discrepancies' will be unearthed.

Sport Ireland and the auditors now frantically getting round to doing their job,
covering their arses now that the merde has hit the fan!!! :sneaky:

Banana Republic. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom