• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

Ireland Jogger killed by “van” in Dublin. Regime collaborator RTE media blackout.

Wagmore

PI Member
Jan 11, 2020
Im not sure if this unfortunate jogger was on the hugely expensive cycle pathway or not.
If she was then she could just as easily have been killed by one of these thousands of greedy uninsured cyclists abusing the taxpayer and expecting special roads etc without contributing a single cent to their creation or upkeep.
She wasn't.....

Wagmore

PI Member
Jan 11, 2020
Four kids, deeply embedded in the communities for Bettyglen to Raheny to Edenmore (she worked in the Concorde before) to Ayrfield from whence she came and to where she returned in a box. I've just been on to Raheny GAA and Raheny Shamrocks and the family is well-known, salt of the earth, backbone of the community types.
I also got on to second hand Garda sources, who spun that the van entered at the Howth Road and drove up towards the causeway, mistaking a left on to the cycle path for a right up the Howth Road. That is even made more unlikely by the relatively tiny entrance there which is no bigger and much sharper than a driveway. That finished by me being told the gardai would get to the bottom of it, a la Fr Niall molly perhaps.
No-that's so obviously fake spin. Van entered path at Kilbarrack road as reported by media. You need to check that source again, Is either BS'ing you or himself

Black & Trans

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 18, 2020
No-that's so obviously fake spin. Van entered path at Kilbarrack road as reported by media. You need to check that source again, Is either BS'ing you or himself
I know that the van entered at Kilbarrack. I am only saying what the 2nd hand Garda source said. When I told them they were wrong and that I visited the scene, that I walked from Kilbarrack Road up to and past the monument to Nuala Grant, I was fobbed off and my comments about what an odd sequence of events led to Ms Grant's death, I had to listen to unhelpful drivel.
I hope to be in O'Toole's soon for a hurling match and I'll drop into my man in Ayrfield Church

NiceNin

PI Member
PI Member
May 26, 2018
Four kids, deeply embedded in the communities for Bettyglen to Raheny to Edenmore (she worked in the Concorde before) to Ayrfield from whence she came and to where she returned in a box. I've just been on to Raheny GAA and Raheny Shamrocks and the family is well-known, salt of the earth, backbone of the community types.
I also got on to second hand Garda sources, who spun that the van entered at the Howth Road and drove up towards the causeway, mistaking a left on to the cycle path for a right up the Howth Road. That is even made more unlikely by the relatively tiny entrance there which is no bigger and much sharper than a driveway. That finished by me being told the gardai would get to the bottom of it, a la Fr Niall molly perhaps.

Here's a picture of the junction of Kilbarrack Road turning right onto Howth Road, captured this evening. The silver car is turning correctly at the lights, the van would have had to go straight and up an incline and sharp right to get onto that cycle lane.
IMG_20200308_180512.jpg

Black & Trans

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 18, 2020
Here's a picture of the junction of Kilbarrack Road turning right onto Howth Road, captured this evening. The silver car is turning correctly at the lights, the van would have had to go straight and up an incline and sharp right to get onto that cycle lane. View attachment 8918
and ignore the traffic island in the middle of your photo, the footpath to the left and right, the wall by the lights in your photo and more. And then not realise, but drive on fast enough to send a mother of four up into the air and down in to the rocks below before coming to a stop, "dazed."

NiceNin

PI Member
PI Member
May 26, 2018
and ignore the traffic island in the middle of your photo, the footpath to the left and right, the wall by the lights in your photo and more. And then not realise, but drive on fast enough to send a mother of four up into the air and down in to the rocks below before coming to a stop, "dazed."

Does anyone know what her jogging route was that evening? Was she jogging from Howth direction on the cycleway or had she also travelled down Kilbarrack Road and turned?

Black & Trans

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 18, 2020
Does anyone know what her jogging route was that evening? Was she jogging from Howth direction on the cycleway or had she also travelled down Kilbarrack Road and turned?
I heard she had ear phones on, listening to music, running towards town with her back to the van. Although I abhor such devices as they block out sound and warnings, the mysterious driver is totally in the wrong

McQueen

PI Member
Nov 4, 2019
I've been looking at this area around the entrance as shown in NiceNin's photo above and further along the pathway on Google Streetview.
I'm a rural dweller and make no claim to be a great expert on urban driving.

But looking at a path that size, I can see no way that anyone could reasonably drive onto it in a van - even if it was a handy sized van like say, for example, a Berlingo - and not immediately suspect that they are in the wrong place. To claim that it had not registered on the mind of the driver for almost a full kilometre, and not until after he had driven over the poor woman out jogging, is to stretch credulity well beyond its breaking point,

Not to mind the speed that must have been involved. (Again this doesn't match what one would instinctively tend to do in a confined, narrow driving space, even if we accept the premise that he thought it was the road.)

I'll be honest with you, I have my suspicions as to what may have really happened, but I can't post them on the open forum, as I don't want to risk legal problems for the site if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Black & Trans

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 18, 2020
I've been looking at this area around the entrance as shown in NiceNin's photo above and further along the pathway on Google Streetview.
I'm a rural dweller and make no claim to be a great expert on urban driving.

But looking at a path that size, I can see no way that anyone could reasonably drive onto it in a van - even if it was a handy sized van like say, for example, a Berlingo - and not immediately suspect that they are in the wrong place. To claim that it had not registered on the mind of the driver for almost a full kilometre, and not until after he had driven over the poor woman out jogging, is to stretch credulity well beyond its breaking point,

Not to mind the speed that must have been involved. (Again this doesn't match what one would instinctively tend to do in a confined, narrow driving space, even if we accept the premise that he thought it was the road.)

I'll be honest with you, I have my suspicions as to what may have really happened, but I can't post them on the open forum, as I don't want to risk legal problems for the site if I am wrong.

Why not give a hint? There is the further issue that we are told he had a condition, diabetes or whatever, which just apparently struck then, but he managed, having over shot his turn, having made a sharp right onto a bounded cycle way, having driven on for a goodly distance and killed a woman, to bring his van to a stop, whilst being "dazed".

Until we know more about this mystery man, we are in the dark. 7pm is still light as the nights are getting longer

McQueen

PI Member
Nov 4, 2019
Why not give a hint? There is the further issue that we are told he had a condition, diabetes or whatever, which just apparently struck then, but he managed, having over shot his turn, having made a sharp right onto a bounded cycle way, having driven on for a goodly distance and killed a woman, to bring his van to a stop, whilst being "dazed".

Until we know more about this mystery man, we are in the dark. 7pm is still light as the nights are getting longer

I would but your profile is restricted, so I can't PM you, and even if I think my theory is very possible, I think it inadvisable to post it.

Black & Trans

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 18, 2020
I would but your profile is restricted, so I can't PM you, and even if I think my theory is very possible, I think it inadvisable to post it.
I'm disengaging here for that reason; not worth the candle. I'll get a much fuller picture on this in a few days as a guy with his ear very much to the ground owes me big. Here is a piece from a few years ago which featured this now deceased stay at home mum.
I am not yet aware of any collection, gofundme etc, which is also odd I guess. I'm sure the sports clubs will do their bit.